Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 6:13 pm

For kraftie and Angela, get this for you two:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 6:17 pm

LOL...the bed's too short, even for my 5 foot 5, 165 cm frame.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Aug 2016, 6:32 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Claradoon wrote:
Never, never, never date a coworker.
Either you will date forever or you will marry.
But you'll be pinned together by the job.

I am not against dating a coworker, I knew a lot who got married with their coworkers.

Her being a coworker isn't the problem though.

Statically, the workplace is the most common venue of meeting spouse after friends/friends of friends; way more dating dating sites.

I evaluate relationships by their escape quotient. Office Dating has zero.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 6:38 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
For kraftie and Angela, get this for you two:

Actually Boo, that would be just for me - I need my space when I sleep. And I don't really have time for a nap right now. It does look inviting though.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 6:39 pm

I would have to sleep horizontally, in the sense where I would have to lie ACROSS the bed.

Bridgette77
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Aug 2016, 12:35 am

It's a good thing you said no! That woman is trouble, with a Capital T! Also, I haven't said anything until now, but I don't think you lack of dates has anything to do with something being "wrong" with you per say. Just a hint of advice, we are always the last to know when someone is eyeing us, or is interested... Sometimes, women might also be too intimidated to approach you Boo. Just a thought.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 12:47 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
She's a new employee.

She's very nice to me, always trying to speak to me, getting close me, sharing me her lunch, buying me chocolate....bla bla.... you know, the little excuses and tricks one uses to approach someone while the receiving end pretends not noticing - the usual.

But a couple of weeks ago she did mention that she's "seeing someone" (a code for "Boyfriend" used by reserved girls) few times, and she did mention twice how super-easygoing he is. She mentioned that in front of me and another colleague besides me too, so it shouldn't be a secret.

Another female employee, who is supposedly a new friend of hers, was trying to "matchmake" me with her, encouraging me to go for her but I was like "but....she is seeing someone"; she was very surprised telling me that she never mentioned a guy when they talk about outings and she thought I might be mistaken.

However, the guy isn't really imaginary, I do often hear her speaking with a guy on the phone and sending him voice messages (well, her desk is just barely 3 meters away) - and the tone that she speaks with...whoever is, is scary, like someone scolding his pet almost aggressively, almost disrespectful, I did hear full sentences like: "well, if you don't wanna come...then so be it!! I go without you!" - "What's the difference if it's Saturday instead of Sunday??! The hell with you!". Not at all like the face she shows me.

Now... I don't know the guy at all, or what he did, I never ask because it's none of my business.... but obviously the ongoing conflicts between them are over little things like outing timings, and not over something big - and I am not sure if scolding him in the middle of the office like this is really warranted - and it's pretty weird that a guy whom she described as "super easygoing" gets scolded like that all the time. I really felt pity for the guy in my heart.

She stopped mentioning the guy lately, but those voice messages kept happening, and ....today she asked me out to go with her on Friday to a theater and...

...I....

..said......

....... "No thanks, sorry but I can't make it" :lol:

She didn't insist afterwards.

I couldn't imagine It to be scolded like this later on.

I was scared to get involved with her....I did right, no? :-/

I wouldn't date someone who is involved with someone else, or who very recently broke up with someone.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 12:50 am

Claradoon wrote:
Never, never, never date a coworker.
Either you will date forever or you will marry.
But you'll be pinned together by the job.

I was thinking it would not be good to date a co-worker because of the risk to work performance and possibly your job if things didn't work out.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 1:33 am

Most successful relationships I have witnessed developing were between college colleague/classmates and coworkers.