Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 7:41 pm

As much as i don't want to,i might buy a dell instead and i have TWO questions:

1.Will a 8600 grafx card fit in such a small case?

2.Can the standard dell power supply power the 8600?

I have very few options so don't criticize me,just answer my questions.

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 8:00 pm

I doubt the power suppy fitted at the factory could power anything that needed a lot of power, and if the case is small you would have the problems of the card not fitting, or if the card fits then (assuming the psu can supply enough power to the card) it could get very hot in such a small case and leave you with a malfunctioning machine.

I'm sure Dell build computers to whatever the customer requires, maybe (if you had sufficient funds) you could order something to suit your requirements

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 8:37 pm

Pikachu wrote:
I doubt the power suppy fitted at the factory could power anything that needed a lot of power, and if the case is small you would have the problems of the card not fitting, or if the card fits then (assuming the psu can supply enough power to the card) it could get very hot in such a small case and leave you with a malfunctioning machine.

I'm sure Dell build computers to whatever the customer requires, maybe (if you had sufficient funds) you could order something to suit your requirements
I just need something that can run Supreme Commander on high settings (max if possible) @ 1024x768,and this C521 comes with a Athlon X2 3600+ @ 1.9GHz,and i can upgrade the RAM from 512MB to 1536MB if i bought 1GB of DDR2 RAM from a local place.

If not the C521,then hows the E520 or E521?

Kcihtred2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 May 2007, 11:06 am

if you are thinking about getting the E520... DONT!! !
Go with eMachines! they have a computer (T5226) with the same specs and everthing for only $200 less!! ! At that this week at circuit city you can get the T5226 with an all in one printer and a 17inch crt monitor all for about the price of the E520 and then you get $340 back in mail in rebates!! !

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 3:33 pm

Kcihtred2 wrote:
if you are thinking about getting the E520... DONT!! !
Go with eMachines! they have a computer (T5226) with the same specs and everthing for only $200 less!! ! At that this week at circuit city you can get the T5226 with an all in one printer and a 17inch crt monitor all for about the price of the E520 and then you get $340 back in mail in rebates!! !
No,emachines sells celerons and pentium D's aka horses**t with DDR1 RAM and PCI slots,they are for NON GAMERS,NOT gamers.

Kcihtred2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 May 2007, 11:00 am

actually there high end model, is decent for a basic gaming machine... And dell sells Celerons! PS the E520 is a pentium d only, and it uses ddr 2 ram. I know they used to be crappy but since gateway bought them... they have become good machines. (ps i now own hte t5226)