Neurotypical Privilege and Relationships

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2016, 9:01 pm

Why is it that neurotypical people of both genders who have had the privilege of experiencing relationships in abundance with little struggle tend to be the first to call lonely AS people "entitled" for simply voicing their pain that they have not fairly experienced the same pleasures?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 9:34 pm

I didn't know they did that particularly.

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2016, 10:43 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
I didn't know they did that particularly.

Based upon my experiences, they do, and in my opinion, it stems from both the patriarchy and their tendency to ridicule and vilify all beta males who cannot get laid and the feminist movement's anger at the patriarchy, which especially after the UCSB shootings have resulted in any young socially awkward lonely man who complains about being lonely and rejected by women being blindly equated with the misogynistic scumion who was Elliott Rodger, though it was already being an issue years before due to the anti-"nice guy" trend in the feminist movement. This article sums up the latter phenomenon well: https://toysoldier.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... o-know-one

somanyspoons
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 11:12 pm

Well, for one thing, its always wrong to say that "feminists believe..." because this is a really big group of people. There is nothing that feminists really agree on, other than the central tenant that women should be treated like people.

The author of the above blog seems to think that women who befriend men without any thought of having sex with them are doing men some kind of injustice. That's kind of weird. Most people are monogomous. So they are going to pick ONE mate. But you can have a lot of friends. Tons. Its just math that most boy/girl relationships will be friendships.

I agree that both men and women get bought into this alphamale/betamale stuff. Its really harmful. It keeps women away from men who would make good partners. And makes it harder for men who don't fit the alpha mold. And it really is BS. There's no reason that everyone should have alpha traits. We need diversity.

The fallacy in your logic comes from the contention that these men are "simply voicing their pain that they have not fairly experienced the same pleasures." If they were simply voicing their pain, I would hope that they would be left to it.

But the reality is that its not usually simply voicing. Its usually whining at its best, and blaming at its worse. Whining, negativity, and blaming are not sexy. Its just going to make your situation worse. Nobody, feminist or not, wants to have sex with someone who's bitter about not having sex. Being bitter and getting laid are like rock climbing and playing the piano. You can't do both.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 3:36 am

The divorce rate of 50 percent is proof NT's have a lot of trouble with relationships. Go ask any NT's who are in successful relationships why thier relationships are successful and they will tell you it involves a lot of effort.

In my experience there are many many more autistics that say autistics feel too entitled then there are NT's that say that.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 5:41 am

The OPs choice of vocabulary screams SJW. There is no patriarchy. It hasnt existed in decades. Privelege is also a highly controversial matter as it is based on stereotyping people based on color, gender, orientation, ability etc. If you are unsatisfied with your situation and jealous of people better off than you, whining will not improve your situation. Do something about it such as get help or try to improve your way of handling things. I have managed to go from a shutin to someone who has good relationships despite lack of intuitive empathy. Being alpha or beta limits you from achieving, so stop believing you are beta. It is just some kind of crap machos made up to keep your self esteem low.

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Aug 2016, 3:57 pm

Aniihya wrote:
The OPs choice of vocabulary screams SJW. There is no patriarchy. It hasnt existed in decades. Privelege is also a highly controversial matter as it is based on stereotyping people based on color, gender, orientation, ability etc. If you are unsatisfied with your situation and jealous of people better off than you, whining will not improve your situation. Do something about it such as get help or try to improve your way of handling things. I have managed to go from a shutin to someone who has good relationships despite lack of intuitive empathy. Being alpha or beta limits you from achieving, so stop believing you are beta. It is just some kind of crap machos made up to keep your self esteem low.

If I were an SJW, I wouldn't be criticizing feminism.