Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

lonely autistic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Aug 2016, 2:58 pm

ive read about ghosting alot and wandered if alot of autistic men especially are doing this, it seems autistic men are the original mgtows with our awkward social skills [myself included] we seem to in ways abandon societies like mgtows do, how many of you guys [and even autistic girls] have started or have been ghosting society?

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 4:45 pm

After googling it, and being interested, because If heard about that before. I think that is exactly what we do. Though I Don't want to be a hippie :P

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 5:53 pm

lonely autistic wrote:
ive read about ghosting alot and wandered if alot of autistic men especially are doing this, it seems autistic men are the original mgtows with our awkward social skills [myself included] we seem to in ways abandon societies like mgtows do, how many of you guys [and even autistic girls] have started or have been ghosting society?

Yep.
Pretty accurate description for us Autistic males.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 5:56 pm

What's a Mgtow? Is it like a Lolcow?

AdamLain
Raven
Raven

17 Aug 2016, 6:07 pm

I ghosted every woman I ever met before my ex, as soon as they wanted to meet my parents it was over.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 6:07 pm

Had to google it too.

"men going their own way"

I guess that means career bachelors, or something like that.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 6:20 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Men Going Their Own Way. I wish I knew what a Lolcow was So I could awnser that please explain.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 6:24 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Had to google it too.

"men going their own way"

I guess that means career bachelors, or something like that.

IT Means that Men who have nothing to do with women. I meant what Ghosting meant in the context.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 6:27 pm

Pieplup wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Men Going Their Own Way. I wish I knew what a Lolcow was So I could awnser that please explain.

"Laugh out loud cow".

Someone on the Net whom you can milk for your malicious laughs.

Lolcow is "like" Mgtow in the sense that they are both internet textspeak. But they dont mean particularly similar things.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 17 Aug 2016, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 6:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I was similarly baffled by this acronym, so I looked it up. Like somebody said, it seems it stands for "men going their own way," which obviously would include a lot of male Aspies, as autistic folks do tend to be somewhat autonomous from social norms, but it also seems to have some anti-feminist connotations, and I don't understand what that has to do with autism. As far as I know, ASD men aren't particularly against feminism. In my own case there are some things I like about some kinds of feminism, and some things I don't.

"Ghosting" seems to be some daft term for suddenly cutting off all communication from a person one has been dating, but as far as I can tell, the OP means it in the sense of cutting off all communication from society. Hmm...in my own case I don't have a lot to do with mainstream society, but I've not completely detached from it. I've not suddenly cut myself off from partners, though experience taught me that it's usually wise to go separate ways when I end a relationship - things get messy otherwise. I have occasionally been known to quit relatively suddenly, but never without warning, and in most cases I've continued far too long holding onto vain hopes when I'd have probably done better to see the writing on the wall. Dad had a lot of autistic traits, and he was known to get very disappointed with some of the individuals he'd made friends with, and would then completely cut them out of his life. He also lost his patience with my mother a time or two, and would throw in the towel and vanish for a while, though he always relented and came back. He had a fair amount of justification for feeling that way about her, she was rather a handful to say the least. And dad was rather a lone wolf in general, not what you'd call a socialite, though he was a very nice guy and he was always interested in having friends, he was just rather picky. I take after him to a large extent, but I'm more likely to give things a chance for being fixed if they go wrong, and particularly these days I tend to sense when I'm not going to get along with a person, and I keep away from them so nothing gets started that I'd then have to stop.

Frankly I can't fathom what men going their own way and this "ghosting" thing are supposed to have in common. And I don't know what a lolcow is - some modern hip-hop term for something or other, I got bored looking it all up so I didn't bother much with that one. Something about unknowingly being a laughing stock, I think.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 7:13 pm

Yes. "Unknowingly becoming a laughing stock". Especially on the Net. That's an "lolcow".

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 9:00 pm

lolcow = laugh out loud cow, i.e. someone who can be milked for laughs on the internet by trolls.

I've heard lolfarm as well, i.e. a website full of people who can be milked for laughs by trolls.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 9:23 pm

that mgtow crap sounds like "the sore losers brotherhood" to me

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 9:44 pm

I can understand young men who feel attracted to mgtow, but to me it looks like upside down feminism, so it will probably turn out to have similar faults.

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 9:52 pm

Society is decaying, Western Culture is in decline and families start to look like empty shells, so becoming an anti sperm donor, hillbilly / hipster fusion sort of guy who seeks to be independent of women and living a bit more off grid doesn't seem that insane to me.

I've been living in various shades of on / off enforced celibacy, refusal to have truck with societal demands and a species of psychiatrically toned poverty strewn grot for decades, it's never done me any harm, even if it is compulsory in my case.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 9:56 pm

don't get me wrong. i'm practically a hikikomori. i just think it's silly and paradoxical to have a "movement" for that