Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

hellhole
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Aug 2016, 6:42 am

I know this is a sensory processing issue so I'd imagine others here would relate:

Wearing anything other than soft fabrics makes me eye water-ingly uncomfortable when wearing them, combine that with heat and it progresses to full-blown sensory overload... eww.

"vulnerable narcissistic defenses w/ mild borderline traits"; Body Dysmorphic Disorder, (self-diagnosed).

Our internal representation of reality: (http://bit.ly/2BJuj5o)

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 8:28 am

I agree. :)

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 9:18 am

Trying to imagine someone liking coarse fabrics and heat. Failing.

I think this is very common for people with sensory issues . Things that most of humanity finds merely unpleasant are completely intolerable to people with hypersensitivity to them, or an inability to filter that sensory input.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 10:06 am

I'm definitely with you. For me, sweaters are a nightmare. I like to stick with my soft shirts and knit pants :)

MissAlgernon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2016, 10:16 am

You're not alone.
That said, heat alone is truly horrible enough ! :(

The_Dark_Citadel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2016, 11:18 pm

Yes. I hate fabrics with scratchy textures. Makes me constantly tear at my skin to get the feeling to stop.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Aug 2016, 2:51 am

You're not alone when it comes to hating certain fabrics or heat. I have to have something between my skin and wool otherwise, I would want to scratch my skin raw to get the itchiness to stop. As far as heat goes, I don't like excessive heat, especially at night because I like a cooler room in order for me to get to sleep. I'm the type of person who has the ceiling fan on all year long because sometimes when the heater comes on at night, it gets warm enough to wake me up. Besides, I live in southern California where winters are actually quite warm when compared to the rest of the US.

Trekkie83
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Aug 2016, 5:27 am

I dislike uncomfortable fabrics/clothes but I absolutely can't stand being hot. I've always had a serious heat sensitivity. It's so bad that I often begin to feel physically sick if I get too hot (and I'm not talking all that hot).