Maine governor goes on racist tirade

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2016, 7:08 pm

...while claiming ou's not really racist:

Quote:
“Look, a bad guy is a bad guy, I don’t care what color it is. When you go to war, if you know the enemy, the enemy dresses in red and you dress in blue, you shoot at red, don’t you?” he said. “You shoot at the enemy. You try to identify the enemy. And the enemy right now, the overwhelming majority right now coming in are people of color or people of Hispanic origin. I can’t help that. I just can’t help it. Those are the facts.”

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.co ... e_s_racist

This is after the governor called a fellow politician a "c@cksucker" and threatened violence against ou on voicemail. Also, ou's incorrect, as 70% of drug offenders in Maine are white.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2016, 7:18 pm

LePage challenges that politician to a duel:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/26/politics/ ... -lawmaker/

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2016, 7:24 pm

Ou shows anxiety over "young white girl"s getting impregnated by drug dealers before walking it back, then rationalizing it by saying Maine is 95% white (CNN video).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2016, 8:32 pm

Maine's governor is a tea bagger, and like most tea baggers, he's nuts.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2016, 7:37 am

beneficii wrote:
LePage challenges that politician to a duel:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/26/politics/ ... -lawmaker/

Does this mean that 200 years from now, Paul LePage will be the subject of a radio quiz, and some guy will bomb the question because he ate a peanut butter sandwich and ran out of milk?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2016, 7:58 am

It could be worse: Maine could have had Tom Corbett as their governor. Even worse, Maine could have PA's current governor, Tom Wolf, who is nothing more than a panty-waist milquetoast.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2016, 10:09 am

Meistersinger wrote:
It could be worse: Maine could have had Tom Corbett as their governor. Even worse, Maine could have PA's current governor, Tom Wolf, who is nothing more than a panty-waist milquetoast.

I've barely heard of those two guys, so I'm assuming they haven't made nearly as many headlines as that Maine-iac.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2016, 10:27 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:

I've barely heard of those two guys, so I'm assuming they haven't made nearly as many headlines as that Maine-iac.

He makes even Mary Fallin look tolerable.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2016, 1:07 pm

He's making a case about the noble lie, not human bio diversity, saying that someone might just as well be scapegoated, for the color of their uniform, in the name of social cohesion.

I have heard language far more coarse, and even made creative use of it. Would you believe there are examples, in the Bible? But, it's not diplomatic.

The scope of discussion is about diplomacy, yet he makes himself disgusting.

I have also read a story about people drinking from a stream. Some are said to politely cup their hands, while others lapped like dogs. The dignified ones received high app-oint-ment.

(EDIT -- I hyphenated that word, because it was censored.)