Liking someone but not in that way

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 11:13 am

What does it mean if you 'like' someone but at the same time don't 'fancy' them?

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 11:35 am

A possibly decent and loyal friendship.....? :)

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 11:55 am

Uncle wrote:
A possibly decent and loyal friendship.....? :)

Don't understand what you mean? :?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 11:56 am

It means the person doesn't want s sexual relationship.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 1:12 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It means the person doesn't want s sexual relationship.

Would they not want marriage either?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 1:27 pm

Being married implies a willingness to take care of a kid.
It formalizes the legal obligations between you, your spouse, and your kids.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 4:00 pm

Did someone say this to you?

It usually means they like you as a person, find you interesting or friendly or good company, that sort of thing, but they don't find you sexually attractive and don't have a romantic interest in you.

Basically, it's a good start to a friendship.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 5:38 pm

The person wouldn't want marriage.....only friendship.

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 6:21 pm

Hmm...I'm thinking that maybe I'm really different from others. Since the best thing I can give any man is true friendship, which I have none yet.

Anyway it's very sad that when I tell some guys who show their interests in me that I want to be their sincere buddy, most of them just stop talking to me. Most of them assume they've just been rejected.

For me it's very unreal, too wild fancy to imagine marrying someone who's not my true friend.

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 6:34 pm

Drawyer wrote:
..Anyway it's very sad that when I tell some guys who show their interests in me that I want to be their sincere buddy, most of them just stop talking to me. Most of them assume they've just been rejected...
Or they might have thought that I'm actually a dude lol? :|

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 6:37 pm

For a man, it can be difficult to have a woman he is attracted to as only a buddy.

This difficulty is not insurmountable, though. I can be buddies with women I'm attracted to.

It can get frustrating, though.

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 7:02 pm

^ Yeah, but true friendship is the hardest thing you can develop. There exists far distance between being an acquaintance and being a friend.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 7:03 pm

I agree.

EgotisticalAltruist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Sep 2016, 7:42 pm

Drawyer wrote:
Hmm...I'm thinking that maybe I'm really different from others. Since the best thing I can give any man is true friendship, which I have none yet.

Anyway it's very sad that when I tell some guys who show their interests in me that I want to be their sincere buddy, most of them just stop talking to me. Most of them assume they've just been rejected.

For me it's very unreal, too wild fancy to imagine marrying someone who's not my true friend.

I'm sorry to hear that, it sucks but not very surprising. I don't get along with the majority of guys and I've always connected best with my female friends. I hate it when people think with their genitalia. I used to think it was mostly guys who acted that way, but now I know most people are like that. Not too long ago, a friend called me demisexual. It means that you need an emotional connection with someone before you feel sexual attraction. I had no idea this wasn't the norm.

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 6:23 am

EgotisticalAltruist wrote:
...Not too long ago, a friend called me demisexual. It means that you need an emotional connection with someone before you feel sexual attraction. I had no idea this wasn't the norm.
Thanks. :) I'm not sure if I'm demisexual tho because I can't tell if I can be emotionally connected with a guy if there is no physical attraction in the first place.

Bridgette77
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2016, 12:44 am

You don't have to want to have kids in order to get married. Meaning, kids aren't a deal breaker. There's a lot of people that do not want kids, or cannot have kids, but still want to get married. On the Demisexual thing, I thought there was more to it than just needing an emotional bond before being attracted to someone? I thought most people had to be emotionally attracted to someone before they could be sexually attracted to them? I too also thought this is the norm? I also fit into this category. This is why I do not have a physical "Type". I have an emotional "Type". If they fit that emotional criteria, then they become sexually and physically attractive to me, regardless of what they look like. :wink: