Does anyone else believe that their issues were caused by...

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

aja675
Toucan
Toucan

Joined: 20 Jan 2016
Posts: 252
Location: Philippines

16 Sep 2016, 3:41 am

...Society trying to restrain your anger? I used to have lots of public tantrums, and it's understandable why people would want to stop them, but I believe that my issues were caused by society telling me to hold everything in.



mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2016
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,929
Location: Utah, USA

16 Sep 2016, 4:20 am

I personally haven't had much trouble with anger or meltdowns, yet I still have the standard autism related problems. I also haven't ever really struggled with depression though, perhaps my lack of anger to hold in helps with that.


_________________
Also known as MarsMatter.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art


Crypticthecat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 16 Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 6
Location: London UK

16 Sep 2016, 6:28 am

Um.

Lead poisoning I'd guess.

____

Reasons: exhibited strange enough behaviour as a tiny kid to get my mum investigating what could be up. The books she had, the symptoms suggested lead poisoning rather than autism.

So she sent off a hair sample for a university study, and my results were among those that got lead banned from petrol.

I was the first child. Not that many people know that one of the only ways that a human body can excrete toxins directly is via the umbilical cord, and that toxicologists have noted that still birth / miscarriage is often the body's way of clearing out toxins such as heavy metals. Sensible survival strategy really, a reproductively mature adult is far more valuable to the species than an unborn foetus.

I was *almost* a miscarriage, but my mum took raspberry tea.

My brother is a bit odd, bit like me, but much more normal.

Interestingly he doesn't have impaired empathy to the same degree, but does have attacks of anger...

_________

Today:

Study: Lead exposure can cause autism
METRO WORLD NEWS FEBRUARY 26, 2013 1:25 PM

Common metal previously discovered to cause brain damage and a disposition toward violence.

Autism symptoms correspond to the level of toxic metal in the blood, with exposure to lead particularly harmful, according to a US study.

Autism sufferers carried 74% more lead in their systems than control subjects, and 115% more tin. Sufferers with more severe symptoms carried higher concentrations of metal, with researchers at Arizona State University finding that toxic metal was the “strongest factor” in determining severity.
“We knew that exposure to lead makes people lose IQ points, and clearly it can induce autism”, lead researcher Professor James Adams told Metro. “The study also showed that people with the highest levels are least able to excrete them”.

Autism was previously thought be largely a hereditary condition but environmental and chemical reasons are now being accepted. “Studies such as this improve our understanding”, said Caroline Hattersley, head of information and advice at the UK-based National Autism Society, calling for “more research…across a greater geographical area.”

It is the latest lead concern, after Metro reported research in January that revealed exposure could induce aggression, violence and brain damage. “Anything to do with the nervous system will be badly affected, we’re only starting to see the full damage”, Professor Howard Mielke, who studied the toxin’s effects in 14 countries, told Metro. “There are huge repercussions for learning ability from just a small change in exposure.”
Lead remains widespread across the world, most commonly in soil and paint. But neither government nor the petrol companies that produced leaded gasoline have taken action to clear it, with the Ethyl Corporation suing environmental groups that attempted to hold it responsible.

In civil courts, hundreds of millions of dollars have been recovered by the victims of lead poisoning, and is a rapidly growing area for compensation claims. The largest award to date is the $320 million paid out to victims of exposure at a St. Louis smelting plant in 2011.

_______

Well, presumably we can see how come various industrial sponsors of the medical research establishment would prefer that 'genetic factors' were researched, please avoid the toxicology angle. Pharmaceuticals is only one division of the chemicals & mining industry, and I somehow suspect they would not be keen on paying out damages for mass lead exposure.



dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,138

16 Sep 2016, 6:38 pm

aja675 wrote:
...Society trying to restrain your anger? I used to have lots of public tantrums, and it's understandable why people would want to stop them, but I believe that my issues were caused by society telling me to hold everything in.


Yeah, to a large extent. Not just anger but being expected to hold everything in, in general. Holding back my real feelings, opinions, impulses and so on.



ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,809
Location: Canada

16 Sep 2016, 8:21 pm

Crypticthecat wrote:
Um.

Lead poisoning I'd guess.

____

Reasons: exhibited strange enough behaviour as a tiny kid to get my mum investigating what could be up. The books she had, the symptoms suggested lead poisoning rather than autism.

So she sent off a hair sample for a university study, and my results were among those that got lead banned from petrol.

I was the first child. Not that many people know that one of the only ways that a human body can excrete toxins directly is via the umbilical cord, and that toxicologists have noted that still birth / miscarriage is often the body's way of clearing out toxins such as heavy metals. Sensible survival strategy really, a reproductively mature adult is far more valuable to the species than an unborn foetus.

I was *almost* a miscarriage, but my mum took raspberry tea.

My brother is a bit odd, bit like me, but much more normal.

Interestingly he doesn't have impaired empathy to the same degree, but does have attacks of anger...

_________

Today:

Study: Lead exposure can cause autism
METRO WORLD NEWS FEBRUARY 26, 2013 1:25 PM

Common metal previously discovered to cause brain damage and a disposition toward violence.

Autism symptoms correspond to the level of toxic metal in the blood, with exposure to lead particularly harmful, according to a US study.

Autism sufferers carried 74% more lead in their systems than control subjects, and 115% more tin. Sufferers with more severe symptoms carried higher concentrations of metal, with researchers at Arizona State University finding that toxic metal was the “strongest factor” in determining severity.
“We knew that exposure to lead makes people lose IQ points, and clearly it can induce autism”, lead researcher Professor James Adams told Metro. “The study also showed that people with the highest levels are least able to excrete them”.

Autism was previously thought be largely a hereditary condition but environmental and chemical reasons are now being accepted. “Studies such as this improve our understanding”, said Caroline Hattersley, head of information and advice at the UK-based National Autism Society, calling for “more research…across a greater geographical area.”

It is the latest lead concern, after Metro reported research in January that revealed exposure could induce aggression, violence and brain damage. “Anything to do with the nervous system will be badly affected, we’re only starting to see the full damage”, Professor Howard Mielke, who studied the toxin’s effects in 14 countries, told Metro. “There are huge repercussions for learning ability from just a small change in exposure.”
Lead remains widespread across the world, most commonly in soil and paint. But neither government nor the petrol companies that produced leaded gasoline have taken action to clear it, with the Ethyl Corporation suing environmental groups that attempted to hold it responsible.

In civil courts, hundreds of millions of dollars have been recovered by the victims of lead poisoning, and is a rapidly growing area for compensation claims. The largest award to date is the $320 million paid out to victims of exposure at a St. Louis smelting plant in 2011.

_______

Well, presumably we can see how come various industrial sponsors of the medical research establishment would prefer that 'genetic factors' were researched, please avoid the toxicology angle. Pharmaceuticals is only one division of the chemicals & mining industry, and I somehow suspect they would not be keen on paying out damages for mass lead exposure.


So, if this is the case, how can I get compensated for my lead poisoning in Canada?


_________________
-Allie

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic


aja675
Toucan
Toucan

Joined: 20 Jan 2016
Posts: 252
Location: Philippines

17 Sep 2016, 7:28 pm

If there wasn't a taboo surrounding being angry in public, I would be a lot happier.



TheCurse
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Joined: 9 Sep 2016
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 29
Location: Ohio

17 Sep 2016, 7:59 pm

I get angry in public all the time. It makes people go away usually. It's never direct, but if someone is bothering me I will raise a lot of hell, cussing, yelling, and they get scared and leave.



Crypticthecat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 16 Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 6
Location: London UK

18 Sep 2016, 1:42 am

ocdgirl123 wrote:
Crypticthecat wrote:
Um.

Lead poisoning I'd guess.

____

... I somehow suspect they would not be keen on paying out damages for mass lead exposure.


So, if this is the case, how can I get compensated for my lead poisoning in Canada?


Well, there are certainly cars in Canada.

However, a couple of days into my heavy metals research my hunch was indeed confirmed.

Cadmium, Mercury... those are also factors.

Canada has a whole load of gold mining, and gold mining uses *shedloads* of mercury. Toxic runoff they call it. Gets into the ground water & rivers.

Heavy metals in general, here is a link:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 162231.htm

In my case, think it is likely that lead is a factor.

I would have no problem with the idea that the children of women who worked in a cadmium processing factory in China (for Nicad batteries) would have high incidences of all sort's of problems, including eczema and autism.



ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,809
Location: Canada

23 Sep 2016, 8:10 pm

Crypticthecat wrote:
ocdgirl123 wrote:
Crypticthecat wrote:
Um.

Lead poisoning I'd guess.

____

... I somehow suspect they would not be keen on paying out damages for mass lead exposure.


So, if this is the case, how can I get compensated for my lead poisoning in Canada?


Well, there are certainly cars in Canada.

However, a couple of days into my heavy metals research my hunch was indeed confirmed.

Cadmium, Mercury... those are also factors.

Canada has a whole load of gold mining, and gold mining uses *shedloads* of mercury. Toxic runoff they call it. Gets into the ground water & rivers.

Heavy metals in general, here is a link:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 162231.htm

In my case, think it is likely that lead is a factor.

I would have no problem with the idea that the children of women who worked in a cadmium processing factory in China (for Nicad batteries) would have high incidences of all sort's of problems, including eczema and autism.


I think you misunderstood my question. I KNOW that I am lead-poisoned. You told me that autism was caused by lead in your last post. I was asking how I can get COMPENSATED for it, not whether I have it or not.

I'm still a little skeptical though because I grew up miles from the nearest gold mine which closed over 20 years before I was born and my mother never worked in one either.


_________________
-Allie

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic


somanyspoons
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 3 Jun 2016
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 995

23 Sep 2016, 8:39 pm

I was hoping, after the subject line, that this message would have said "...Zombies."

Because yes, dammit! I believe my problems were caused by zombies and its about time we dealt with them.



somanyspoons
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 3 Jun 2016
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 995

23 Sep 2016, 8:56 pm

ocdgirl123 wrote:
Crypticthecat wrote:
ocdgirl123 wrote:
Crypticthecat wrote:
Um.

Lead poisoning I'd guess.

____

... I somehow suspect they would not be keen on paying out damages for mass lead exposure.


So, if this is the case, how can I get compensated for my lead poisoning in Canada?


Well, there are certainly cars in Canada.

However, a couple of days into my heavy metals research my hunch was indeed confirmed.

Cadmium, Mercury... those are also factors.

Canada has a whole load of gold mining, and gold mining uses *shedloads* of mercury. Toxic runoff they call it. Gets into the ground water & rivers.

Heavy metals in general, here is a link:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 162231.htm

In my case, think it is likely that lead is a factor.

I would have no problem with the idea that the children of women who worked in a cadmium processing factory in China (for Nicad batteries) would have high incidences of all sort's of problems, including eczema and autism.


I think you misunderstood my question. I KNOW that I am lead-poisoned. You told me that autism was caused by lead in your last post. I was asking how I can get COMPENSATED for it, not whether I have it or not.

I'm still a little skeptical though because I grew up miles from the nearest gold mine which closed over 20 years before I was born and my mother never worked in one either.


The most common way of children getting lead poisoning post 1970's is through exposure to paint chips/dust from paint before lead was banned in it. Also, old pipes and fixtures in houses. There's been a major health crisis in cities like Baltimore because so many of the houses are old, and were at some point painted with lead paint. And now the houses are in ill repair and that paint is becoming chipped and getting ingested by children.

A little aside, one solution to lead poisoning is drinking cow's milk. It can remove the lead from your blood. (Little by little, of course. Its a gradual thing.) Its an old secret in the lead-based colored glass maker profession. They drink cow's milk to help offset their exposure to lead. I don't know if this works on children, as their little bodies are like lead sponges, and react poorly to the presence of smaller amounts of lead than in grown people.



somanyspoons
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 3 Jun 2016
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 995

23 Sep 2016, 9:00 pm

Also, those reports about lead causing autism were proven to be not exactly true in the years since 2013, when they were published. It is very true that lead poisoning leads to lowered IQ and to greater problems with emotional management. However, when you compensate for this, the lead/autism link disappears. It seems that, like everyone else, autistic children tend to have lowered IQs and worse behavior when exposed to lead. But its not what makes them autistic. It just makes their autism much more difficult because now they have autism and a suppressed IQ.



AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2015
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,135
Location: Washington state

23 Sep 2016, 11:51 pm

No, I believe my issues were caused by a defective brain, i.e. autism.


_________________
Yes, I have autism. No, it isn't "part of me". Yes, I hate my autism. No, I don't hate myself.


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 66
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,836
Location: temperate zone

24 Sep 2016, 9:48 am

The anwer to the title question is NO.

If what youre asking is "does all autism/aspergers stem from repressed anger?" then the answer is ofcourse "no".



Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 400

24 Sep 2016, 9:52 am

aja675 wrote:
Does anyone else believe that their issues were caused by society trying to restrain your anger?


No.


_________________
Gamsediog biptol ap simdeg Bimog, toto absolimoth dep nimtec gwarg. Am in litipol wedi memsodth tobetreg bim nib.

Somewhere completely different:


Autism Social Forum

I am no longer active on this forum, I've quit.


Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,063
Location: ᜆᜄᜎᜓᜄ᜔

24 Sep 2016, 11:50 am

Nope.

I doubt that my short term memory problems had anything to do with repressed anger. (And I let my anger out most of the time)
So does my lack of sensory filter.
So does my lack of voice tone and volume control.
So does the picking of wrong words and ended up being misunderstood.
So does my oddity in general. And I don't 'lack' of social practice for I'm slow on that part to begin with. :|


_________________
Gained Number Post Count (1).
Lose Time (n).