Page 5 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

OdysseusNemo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Sep 2016, 3:24 pm

Moriath wrote:
I have killed a squirrel baby that was in my loft cause it kept making so much noise and i didnt have any emotion about it....

Hey Moriath I sent you a PM awhile ago. I'd really appreciate a chance to talk to you -- if a PM wont work can i ask you here??

Just play the game

TheForeverMan
Toucan
Toucan

21 Sep 2016, 3:26 pm

I am ridiculously emotional.

But am almost incapable of manifesting it.

I detest it.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 3:39 pm

OdysseusNemo wrote:

Yeah thank you for chiming in I was going to write you. :) May I ask what your emotional life is like in terms of feelings of morality and caring towards others?

For the generation I grew up in I think I'm a typical man , my emotions are repressed or something- men don't cry or show emotions and I've always felt this but I have cried and felt emotion but they throw me off my game.

OdysseusNemo wrote:
Do you feel guilt/shame? Would say mugging someone feel bad (to me it sounds suicidally stupid but thrilling fun)?

Yep I feel guilt and shame perhaps too much. My past is littered with things I've done or didn't do that evoke these feelings. As a teenager I don't think they bothered me but I think most people reach a point in their life where they realise they are accountable for their actions. I used to fight a lot while fueled on drink and it made me feel better but the last fight I had , the red mist came down and I seriously hurt a guy - This was a big wake up call for me and I quit drinking and changed my lifestyle. I'd have to be very desperate to mug someone and I don't think I have it in me to do it so yes it would evoke guilt & shame. As it stands I dont think fantasizing about mugging people and it being thrilling is a huge problem as long as your fantasy is satisfying enough and you don't act on it , you should probably talk to someone qualified about it though coz I'm a nutjob and might be giving terrible advice.

OdysseusNemo wrote:
I think you mentioned not having a problem with squashing hypothetical humans nibbling on your feet but is that because you don't care about hurting people or people biting your feet cross a self defense line?

That was more a figure of speech showing that I would prefer to hurt a human than an animal although I'd rather not do either.

OdysseusNemo wrote:
I can totally relate to the drugs sex stealing and stuff. The difference is I'm well over 19 and still do all that stuff all the time (well except very little stealing now just cause not worth the risk any more at my income) and life without lots of thrills/stimulation sounds dead what's the point boring. Also my social circle isn't particularly lawbreaking theyre actually pretty white picket fence mostly but thats cause I slept my way into a nice house and its f*****g boring here wah. It's not rebellion Im just trying to enjoy myself. I'm very materialistic for the same reason and love buying new things. If it weren't for autism sensory issues Id look into studying law or finance because basically everything I want can be bought with money

Actually srsly do you know what kinda social circles I can hang out in to find people like that? I really would be happier with more sex drugs and motorcycles people in my life. :mrgreen: All I know now is a hippie chick I do drugs with and shes going to be deported. i have a small but functional social life but I feel little to nothign for any of them beyond "useful" and "fun". I seem to want stimulation attention and limited social acceptance from people but I don't have an empathic bond even with people I've known for 10 years.

I could suggest a few places where you could meet people like the ones you think you want to meet but personally I don't think that would help you out in way that I'd want my advice to be used. Do you understand?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 3:59 pm

I see she's ignoring me, because I disproved her. Not surprising most NTs do that..

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 4:22 pm

Pieplup wrote:
I see she's ignoring me, because I disproved her. Not surprising most NTs do that..

To be fair your last comment did end "Any further discussion about this would be illogical. " , you've stated what you think and you stand by your opinion. What sort of reply were you hoping for?

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 4:30 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Pieplup wrote:

To be fair your last comment did end "Any further discussion about this would be illogical. " , you've stated what you think and you stand by your opinion. What sort of reply were you hoping for?

Well, when you call someone out on something you supposed to respond, after they call you out, Right? Either she says she's wrong or you know further's her point.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 4:42 pm

Not only am I emotional, but I get too emotional sometimes, usually over things most people NT don't think twice about, and unless you're in a lot of physical pain or someone just died they act like it's stupid. In fact NT's often act that way even if you *are* in a lot of physical pain or someone just died because they are clueless about what it's like unless they've been through it themselves.

Even if I explain to them that certain things make me very uncomfortable and uneasy, like people being in the same room with me while I watch a cartoon on TV, they think I'm bizarre because I can't explain why, and I just want to say "do I NEED an explanation for everything, I just do, okay?" :roll:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 4:49 pm

Pieplup wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Pieplup wrote:

Well, when you call someone out on something you supposed to respond, after they call you out, Right? Either she says she's wrong or you know further's her point.

If only life were that simple. "Calling someone out" can illicit all sorts of responces from the "silent treatment" to a mugging (joke). I have little knowledge about ASD and even less about pyscopathy but I'm a firm believer in "never say never" , I don't see a reason why you can't have both apart from what current diagnosis criteria dictates, it may be unheard of and maybe incredibly rare but logically I don't see why not.

Ishi2
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 4:55 pm

I can't deliberately hurt people and feel nothing. I am somewhat spiteful to people who deserve it, though. OP sounds a bit sociopathic to me.

OdysseusNemo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Sep 2016, 5:20 pm

Pieplup wrote:

I'm sorry. It was actually kinda hard to understand your argument because of typing errors? I thought you were speaking from a place with alot of pain and that talking wouldn't help

You know I have actually been there. I had a very, very abusive childhood which is almost certainly why ended up the person I am. My father abused me on a daily basis and hurt my mother in ways I don't think our readers really want me to describe. I call it the "double tap" -- first you get the psychopathic genetics then you probably get abused by the same person to get the environmental triggers. I got hit in middle childhood (plus there was also absolute total social isolation/peer rejection from other kids about the same time) which I think is why I don't show the hardcore invulnerability of a primary psychopath (for that you're supposed to get a hostile environment in infancy or even prenatal). In fact I was messed up for years with anger/anxiety after escaping my family and getting over emotional damage from abuse issues. A primary I think wouldn't feel it much at all. As it is I think I'm about as callous and amoral as you can get for a secondary (most sociopaths/secondaries I think are probably weaker and "fuzzier")

I don't know what to say about Aspergers. Um look --- I'm sorry if this is a painful issue for you but I think your reasoning is motivated by emotion rather than evidence and you just don't want to have to think Aspergers/sociopathy comorbidity is possible. I'm sorry if it's threatening but I think one thing both aspies and socios are good at is recognising that feelings about what you want life to be can't change reality. I can just say that I deal with same executive functioning issues, difficult social learning curve, special interest fixations I read from everyone else here. I've attended an autism support group and I make exactly the same kinds of conversational mistakes you do. It's not just the sensory issues I'm actually over wondering where I'm actually AS anymore and its only the sociopathy part I'm not absolutely 100% certain of. I honestly appreciate everyone here showing how much they're absolutely not like me because it's clearing up the doubt in my head. It's now jsut the few people who do show yeah kinda possibly sociopathic traits who I need to hear from

Thank you for taking the time to write here. I'm sorry if I can't agree with you that I'm not Aspergers but you are helping me and I appreciate

Just play the game

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 6:44 pm

OdysseusNemo wrote:
Pieplup wrote:

I'm sorry. It was actually kinda hard to understand your argument because of typing errors? I thought you were speaking from a place with alot of pain and that talking wouldn't help

You know I have actually been there. I had a very, very abusive childhood which is almost certainly why ended up the person I am. My father abused me on a daily basis and hurt my mother in ways I don't think our readers really want me to describe. I call it the "double tap" -- first you get the psychopathic genetics then you probably get abused by the same person to get the environmental triggers. I got hit in middle childhood (plus there was also absolute total social isolation/peer rejection from other kids about the same time) which I think is why I don't show the hardcore invulnerability of a primary psychopath (for that you're supposed to get a hostile environment in infancy or even prenatal). In fact I was messed up for years with anger/anxiety after escaping my family and getting over emotional damage from abuse issues. A primary I think wouldn't feel it much at all. As it is I think I'm about as callous and amoral as you can get for a secondary (most sociopaths/secondaries I think are probably weaker and "fuzzier")

I don't know what to say about Aspergers. Um look --- I'm sorry if this is a painful issue for you but I think your reasoning is motivated by emotion rather than evidence and you just don't want to have to think Aspergers/sociopathy comorbidity is possible. I'm sorry if it's threatening but I think one thing both aspies and socios are good at is recognising that feelings about what you want life to be can't change reality. I can just say that I deal with same executive functioning issues, difficult social learning curve, special interest fixations I read from everyone else here. I've attended an autism support group and I make exactly the same kinds of conversational mistakes you do. It's not just the sensory issues I'm actually over wondering where I'm actually AS anymore and its only the sociopathy part I'm not absolutely 100% certain of. I honestly appreciate everyone here showing how much they're absolutely not like me because it's clearing up the doubt in my head. It's now jsut the few people who do show yeah kinda possibly sociopathic traits who I need to hear from

Thank you for taking the time to write here. I'm sorry if I can't agree with you that I'm not Aspergers but you are helping me and I appreciate
From What evidence you've sent. You wouldn't get Legally diagnosed with Autism. You don't fit most of the criteria. That is why I doubt it. I already said I have trouble recognizing emotions. Dismissing my point.
Quote:
social interaction
engaging in repetitive behavior
rigidity in thinking and a focus on rules and routines
While you might fit 1 and 2 your don't fit 3. You have to fit all three to get a Diagnosis with AS. So therefore your not a aspie. I like how you casually blame my emotions on this. You seriously can't be a Aspie. Half the stuff you said wasn't even traits. It was myths. The best place you can even fit is a PDD-Nos Diagnosis (if that) or just being on the BAP. I think your just trying to dismiss it. I'm coming from. Here is some proof of this. This guy Agrees with me. If it makes you happy this guy https://www.quora.com/profile/Peter-Flom has a scientific background and has Come to the EXACT SAME CONCLUSION. https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-comor ... sociopathy It's impossible because they are on the exact opposites of a spectrum. In between is neurotypicallity. There is some scientific evidence. Since the Scientific method isn't good enough for you. :roll: I'm upset, because your describing me as my Arch nemesis. You think batman would be upset if you said he was the joker. Comparing yourself to me is like comparing Batman to the joker it just makes no sense. I'm not saying your evil. I'm just saying. About typing errors. I can't really help it. I have a learning disability that makes it hard for me to write. I've even made a comment in the comments. You can obviously tell it's me.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 7:03 pm

Sometimes I wish I'm.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 7:24 pm

I new Eventually you'd realize, I'm right, about this. I never really give up. Hell sometimes I continue Arguing when they leave the conversation. Mostly on the internet. I'm glad I could be of service to you. It's really like a spectrum One one side you have Psychopathy, and on the other it is Autism. In the middle is Neurotypicality It took a while to get this far, but now that I've talked about it it really isn't that difficult. There are similar spectrums like this in the wider Autism conversation. I'm sorry I didn't respond to this sooner. You literally can't. It's scientific evidence. You can disagree with me on that. That doesn't make you right though. Losing a argument doesn't mean you have to pick up the concept. The point I'm trying to get at here. Is Arguments don't change your believes they just disprove them. Just because many many people have proved that Christianity is a lie. Doesn't mean there is no christens. I'm pretty sure I'm in the middle of the spectrum at-least the Autistic part. Not, severe, not mild more Moderate. See, If Autistic could be sociopaths. I'd would have turned into one. Yet, none of those happened so, Yeah. You remind me of myself. If my father was in the BAP if it was possible for me to become a Sociopath. And you know was a Girl. :lol: I guess my Problems make it harder for me to communicate, nothing I really can do about it. I do my best to try and make it readable. I use grammar correct, etc. This is the learning disability I have. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysgraphia Somewhat a mix between Motor and Dyslexic dysgraphia.

OdysseusNemo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Sep 2016, 9:25 pm

Pieplup -- look I'm not going to argue my Aspergers with you. I think your logic is bound up in self-referential deductions from rational constructs which are not very connected with reality (which was incidentally was also totally me until like... maybe five years ago). I have very low respect for the DSM and the diagnostic criteria are just pretty arbitrary rules of thumb for bureaucratic psychiatrists who have no feel for whats basically going on. Actually I have been diagnosed as Aspergers off record but I don't actually care because I trust my brain more than the opinions of authorities (I'm MENSA smart too like you actually)

Let me talk to you straight. You are absolutely not a primary psychopath. Your confidence issues rule that out flat just to start with. If you have a psychopathic parent you might be at risk for secondary psychopathy AKA sociopathy. I say might because one psycho parent doesn't mean you got the right genes because basic Mendelian genetics plus the fact that psychopathic traits derive from like thirty different genes for which there is no one switch and no one decisive combination (getting my info here from James Fallon a neuroscientist who happens to be a psychopath and has published on psychopathy you can find interviews on youtube).

Now okay what if you are at risk of secondary psychopathy? Well secondary psychopathy is developmental, which means it's not an all at one thing and it slides in over time. If you're 12 like you say you are they your brain is extremely neuroplastic and which way you go is a matter of what neural pathways you reinforce. Like in my case I think I have like 7 years of neural development before my childhood turned to f**k and then my empathy hardware just never got used and atrophied. So honestly if you have the genetic precursors which put you at risk for secondary psychopathy then you could probably go either way

I see you like quora. So do I quora is awesome. Well if you want to understand secondary psychopathy there are great writers on there like Corey Reaux-Savonte, Shelby Knight, Athena Walker, Jay Jones, and James Bresher. What they'll tell you works out to this: primary pyschopathy is when someone is born without feeling any connection to your species. Secondary psychopathy/sociopathy is when you get abused/attacked to the point where you stop looking at yourself as part of the species which converges with the same thing. It's all about learning to see the world as a hostile place of survival to the point where its second nature and you dont have a problem with hurting people any more than normal people mind hurting other species (which in preindustrial societies they mostly don't). Secondary psychopathy happens when someone born a bit cold starts seeing the world this way and it snowballs from there. Once your emotions learn to tune down in the face of your own species trying to kill you its easy to go forward and hard to go back.

So as i see it you have a choice. If you wanted to be a sociopath here's what you'd do: give up on the idea that anyone in the world is ever going to care for you. You accept and make peace with the fact that life isn't like that, that people aren't like that, and that you just can't survive unless you just take every advantage to can find just like they do to you. At least I think that's what I did -- I can't really remember but that fits my outlook and the little I remember with all the memory black spots. You know "Eye of the Tiger"? Or Madonna's "Survival". That's the mentality fused into the core of who you are. That you are absolutely and completely alone in the world, fighting your species against 100 to 1 odds and damn f*****g proud you're not only surviving but winning this sadistic everything-is-trying-to-kill-you video game

Okay? Now if that's not who you want to be? ---- then DON'T THINK LIKE THAT. Reach out and hold on to anyone who cares about you and don't let that loving feeling go. Keep believing in everything in the world around you that's there for you and supports you and wants you to be safe and happy. Reinforce your bonds of affection and your optimism about humanity. Let yourself be vulnerable. Don't feel like you have to be strong all the time. Look I admit I am kinda guessing here because I don't feel like this and don't want to feel like this but pretty sure if you don't want to be a sociopath these are the neural pathways you should retrace and retrace and retrace. I'd say PM nurseangela here. She's an admirably self-aware empath interested in these issues who would probably take helping an abused child escape a possible life as a sociopath seriously. What you need is what the child psychologist Alice Miller called an "Enlightened Witness". I never found one until too late but maybe you can

It's up to you. Personally IDK. I like being a sociopath. But it's your life be who you wanna be

P.S. I like Batman too :) The Dark Knight is one of my favourite movies and I'm still trying to get Mark Hamill's Joker voice right for parties (I do a way better Harley Quinn) :mrgreen: But actually not making this up Batman being a pro-social psychopath and not so different from the Joker is kind of a running gag with the socio community. Because with Batman "Bruce Wayne" is just a mask -- the 'Dark Knight' is the real liberated personality (beating up criminals with your bare hands looks fun to me). There's a reason Christopher Nolan picked Christian Bale who did American Psycho to play Batman in the Dark Knight Trilogy. Here, enjoy:

http://www.sociopathworld.com/2008/08/dark-knight.html
https://blackcomicguy.wordpress.com/201 ... sociopath/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE83DjolEAg

Just play the game

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 9:39 pm

OdysseusNemo wrote:
Pieplup -- look I'm not going to argue my Aspergers with you. I think your logic is bound up in self-referential deductions from rational constructs which are not very connected with reality. I have very low respect for the DSM and the diagnostic criteria are just pretty arbitrary rules of thumb for bureaucratic psychiatrists who have no feel for whats basically going on. Actually I have been diagnosed as Aspergers off record but I don't actually care because I trust my brain more than the opinions of authorities (I'm MENSA smart too like you actually)

Let me talk to you straight. You are absolutely not a primary psychopath. Your confidence issues rule that out flat just to start with. If you have a psychopathic parent you might be at risk for secondary psychopathy AKA sociopathy. I say might because one psycho parent doesn't mean you got the right genes because basic Mendelian genetics plus the fact that psychopathic traits derive from like thirty different genes for which there is no one switch and no one decisive combination (getting my info here from James Fallon a neuroscientist who happens to be a psychopath and has published on psychopathy you can find interviews on youtube).

Now okay what if you are at risk of secondary psychopathy? Well secondary psychopathy is developmental, which means it's not an all at one thing and it slides in over time. If you're 12 like you say you are they your brain is extremely neuroplastic and which way you go is a matter of what neural pathways you reinforce. Like in my case I think I have like 7 years of neural development before my childhood turned to f**k and then my empathy hardware just never got used and atrophied. So honestly if you have the genetic precursors which put you at risk for secondary psychopathy then you could probably go either way

I see you like quora. So do I quora is awesome. Well if you want to understand secondary psychopathy there are great writers on there like Corey Reaux-Savonte, Shelby Knight, Athena Walker, Jay Jones, and James Bresher. What they'll tell you works out to this: primary pyschopathy is when someone is born without feeling any connection to your species. Secondary psychopathy/sociopathy is when you get abused/attacked to the point where you stop looking at yourself as part of the species which converges with the same thing. It's all about learning to see the world as a hostile place of survival to the point where its second nature and you dont have a problem with hurting people any more than normal people mind hurting other species (which in preindustrial societies they mostly don't). Secondary psychopathy happens when someone born a bit cold starts seeing the world this way and it snowballs from there. Once your emotions learn to tune down in the face of your own species trying to kill you its easy to go forward and hard to go back.

So as i see it you have a choice. If you wanted to be a sociopath here's what you'd do: give up on the idea that anyone in the world is ever going to care for you. You accept and make peace with the fact that life isn't like that, that people aren't like that, and that you just can't survive unless you just take every advantage to can find just like they do to you. At least I think that's what I did -- I can't really remember but that fits my outlook and the little I remember with all the memory black spots. You know "Eye of the Tiger"? Or Madonna's "Survival". That's the mentality fused into the core of who you are. That you are absolutely and completely alone in the world, fighting your species against 100 to 1 odds and damn f*****g proud you're not only surviving but winning this sadistic everything-is-trying-to-kill-you video game

Okay? Now if that's not who you want to be? ---- then DON'T THINK LIKE THAT. Reach out and hold on to anyone who cares about you and don't let that loving feeling go. Keep believing in everything in the world around you that's there for you and supports you and wants you to be safe and happy. Reinforce your bonds of affection and your optimism about humanity. Let yourself be vulnerable. Don't feel like you have to be strong all the time. Look I admit I am kinda guessing here because I don't feel like this and don't want to feel like this but pretty sure if you don't want to be a sociopath these are the neural pathways you should retrace and retrace and retrace. I'd say PM nurseangela here. She's an admirably self-aware empath interested in these issues who would probably take helping an abused child escape a possible life as a sociopath seriously. What you need is what the child psychologist Alice Miller called an "Enlightened Witness". I never found one until too late but maybe you can

It's up to you. Personally IDK. I like being a sociopath. But it's your life be who you wanna be

P.S. I like Batman too :) The Dark Knight is one of my favourite movies and I'm still trying to get Mark Hamill's Joker voice right for parties (I do a way better Harley Quinn) :mrgreen: But actually not making this up Batman being a pro-social psychopath and not so different from the Joker is kind of a running gag with the socio community. Because with Batman "Bruce Wayne" is just a mask -- the 'Dark Knight' is the real liberated personality (beating up criminals with your bare hands looks fun to me). There's a reason Christopher Nolan picked Christian Bale who did American Psycho to play Batman in the Dark Knight Trilogy. Here, enjoy:

I'm just trying to take this all in because I have never been around many persons who are probably "psychopathic" in nature. You say you like how you are. Do you use people for what you can get out of them then since there is never any feeling there for them? Are they dispensable? Do you have plans of ever being in a relationship and if so, how is that possible when there are no feelings of love? Do you think you should ever be in a relationship with anyone because won't it just hurt them in the end?

I'm going to have to check out that psychopathic guy you speak of. This is very interesting. Psychology just fascinates me.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 8:27 am

OdysseusNemo wrote:
Pieplup -- look I'm not going to argue my Aspergers with you. I think your logic is bound up in self-referential deductions from rational constructs which are not very connected with reality (which was incidentally was also totally me until like... maybe five years ago). I have very low respect for the DSM and the diagnostic criteria are just pretty arbitrary rules of thumb for bureaucratic psychiatrists who have no feel for whats basically going on. Actually I have been diagnosed as Aspergers off record but I don't actually care because I trust my brain more than the opinions of authorities (I'm MENSA smart too like you actually)

You don't understand neuroscience do you. You can't be both AS and Sociopath it is just not possible. You can't have two disorders that overlap in a negative way. Certain functions of Sociopathy would overlap AS which would mean that you can't have both. For example. I can't be Autistic and Psychopathic because they Overlap, You can't be natural Gullible and be a Brilliant, Manipulator it just doesn't work like that.. Even though Sociopaths are less severe but still. The Vast Majority Agree with me. You can disagree, but you simply can be a Autistic Sociopath Why would you be able to be the exact opposite. How am I not very connected with reality. Maybe with Your reality but not mine. What about it do you not respect about it? See the thing you don't realize is reality is a lie. Reality is what you make your reality isn't the same as mine.