Shall I try for a relationship with lady I work with.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

lukey108
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Sep 2016, 1:50 pm

Hi,
I am 36 years old and I have a female coworker I am getting friendly with. I do like her at least in a very friendly way. She is 5 years older than me. I would say she is NT but she does have a good understanding of people with disabilities including working with them. She also has a sister with a disability though she is not on the spectrum. She is not married nor is she currently in a relationship AFAIK and I think she has not been in a relationship for a long time (probably more than 10 years). I have had a couple of relationships mainly with Aspie girls but do you think I have a chance with her. Normally I would say don't go out with coworkers but both are jobs are under threat and I am likely to be redundant by Christmas. Any advice on how to progress from now - do you think I have a chance of progressing this? Also she lives on her own and I still live with my parents do you think that would be an issue I don't think it would be.

Luke

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 2:12 pm

I wouldn't recommend it. Believe me, I know.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 2:24 pm

I personally found it too shameful to be in a relationship whilst I was still living under my parents' roof. Whenever my ex-partner would stay over, it felt like two adults were having a sleepover. It truly was a cringeworthy experience.

AlexaSaturn
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Sep 2016, 10:06 pm

Most NT women look down on a man that still lives at home pass 25. So I'm not to sure. Also dating coworkers could be messy.

pro-cure,atheist,anarcho-syndicalist,anti-conservative pc,pro-wrestling and jiu jitsu is life

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 10:16 pm

Who can afford there own place nowadays?

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...