People first, God second. Should people put themselves above

Page 11 of 11 [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 6:15 pm

yournamehere wrote:
People can't be first. They cannot create anything. They just use what is already here. There are things that are not for you to know.

Such as?

Do you really believe in a creator God?

What, other than faith, makes you believe in such a strange notion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-suvkwN ... ure=em-hot

Do you agree with Fry?

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 6:20 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
My interpretation is very gnostic, centered on innate salvation. This is the essence of gnosticism. The divine spark within. This is supernatural in the sense you have a bit of Sophia within.

Wisdom is not a supernatural thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_(wisdom)

What do you mean with the term innate salvation?

I know what innate means but what do you and I need saving from?

Regards
DL

Whether Sophia is supernatural or not is something of which the philosophers quibble as they search in earnest for the elusive philosopher's stone. Gnosticism centers around this idea of containing the divine spark within and thus being predestined for salvation.

This need of salvation assumes that we have been condemned and need saving. Gnostic Christianity is a Universalist cult, and to me, we do not need saving as we have never been d cannot be condemned.

What do you think you have been condemned for?

Regards
DL

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 7:01 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
My interpretation is very gnostic, centered on innate salvation. This is the essence of gnosticism. The divine spark within. This is supernatural in the sense you have a bit of Sophia within.

Regards
DL

Whether Sophia is supernatural or not is something of which the philosophers quibble as they search in earnest for the elusive philosopher's stone. Gnosticism centers around this idea of containing the divine spark within and thus being predestined for salvation.

This need of salvation assumes that we have been condemned and need saving. Gnostic Christianity is a Universalist cult, and to me, we do not need saving as we have never been d cannot be condemned.

Regards
DL

It's not what orthodoxy leads you to believe about needing a savior in the form of a human being. Gnosis is knowledge that is salvation. Different line of thought. Sophia created this world but it's not bythos or plemora so it isn't a perfect place but you can still possess the inner spark which is Sophia or wisdom because she created the creator of this world, the demiurge, which is why we don't live in perfection. You can think of these as symbols of what happens to us when we have to live on earth. We struggle with imperfection.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 10:56 pm

Is this anything like beliefs of Unity Church?

I live near their headquarters.
Been invited to drum circles there.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 9:42 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

It's not what orthodoxy leads you to believe about needing a savior in the form of a human being. Gnosis is knowledge that is salvation. Different line of thought. Sophia created this world but it's not bythos or plemora so it isn't a perfect place but you can still possess the inner spark which is Sophia or wisdom because she created the creator of this world, the demiurge, which is why we don't live in perfection. You can think of these as symbols of what happens to us when we have to live on earth. We struggle with imperfection.

You confuse our myths with our beliefs. You are thinking that there is a supernatural aspect to reality when there is none.

Gnostic Christians are supposed to be esoteric ecumenists but you have gone the way of idol worship instead.

The creator of the world you know and see can only be you. What you think the world is resides in your own mind and paradigm.

Please return to the real world and get rid of your supernatural belief.

In Gnostic Christianity, the only saving we want and seek is being saved from losing logic and reason to supernatural thinking.

Regard
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 9:52 am

drlaugh wrote:
Is this anything like beliefs of Unity Church?

I live near their headquarters.
Been invited to drum circles there.

Seems like all churches teach differently these days. There are more Gods than we can shake a stick at.

A simple question that will allow me to answer you is, who is the God that your church promotes.

If your preacher is somewhat like this one, then yes, your church has a Gnostic Christian side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRtJPSmI9pY

The highest expression of God is a person.

Regards
DL

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 9:58 am

Gnostic Bishop, what I read from you about gnosticism I don't find elsewhere. My suggestion is to do a bit of research.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 10:04 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Gnostic Bishop, what I read from you about gnosticism I don't find elsewhere. My suggestion is to do a bit of research.

A nice way for you to keep your foolish supernatural beliefs.

I suggest you begin your research with the attitude shown by our forefathers.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

As to the literal reading of myths, the way you do.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about literal reading.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

If you cannot get past your idol worship, you are no better a thinker than a Christian or Muslim.

Regards
DL

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 10:35 am

I take all ancient to texts with a grain of salt unless they are written inside pyramids or ruins of some kind. How can you trust a book you don't know has been revised or even who wrote most of it? This is why I do not rely on text. Whether you wish to call it intuition, reflection or reason supernatural or not is up to you. I hope you find wisdom that helps you cope with everyday life which is what I do. The Golden Rule is an example of such. You are free to add some of your own as we all are!

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 1:32 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I take all ancient to texts with a grain of salt unless they are written inside pyramids or ruins of some kind. How can you trust a book you don't know has been revised or even who wrote most of it? This is why I do not rely on text. Whether you wish to call it intuition, reflection or reason supernatural or not is up to you. I hope you find wisdom that helps you cope with everyday life which is what I do. The Golden Rule is an example of such. You are free to add some of your own as we all are!

No argument against the notion that we should take all information, written of otherwise, with a grain of salt.

But even with all the salt, at the end of the day, your mind has to land somewhere and landing in reality instead of fantasy is what Gnostic Christians will recommend.

That is why Gnostic Christians are so against people shedding logic and reason for a supernatural belief.

Regards
DL

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 9:47 pm

Unity not United.
As I recall started by Charles Fillmore. 8)
I am not associated with either.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)