Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2005, 1:00 pm

This site has a bunch of personality tests, and allows you to search for people who match you based on personality test results.

http://www.similarminds.com

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2005, 1:39 pm

That is interesting.

I WAS NOT WHAT I HAD ALWAYS TRIED TO EMULATE.
INSTEAD A SHADOW OF FORMER GLORY.
AND THEN I CRIED.

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2005, 2:06 pm

very interesting.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2005, 2:40 pm

Hey! Just went to that site last night by accident! What a coinkiedink. Hmmm...

I took the Left/Right Brained Quizes and turned out about 68.8% Left and 31.2% Right.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2005, 4:16 pm

First, Hi! LowFreq50.

Second, I just added it too my favorites for
later today evaluation, and wanted to make
sure you knew I am out of this funk that
I have been in since Saturday.

Sincerely,
Ghosthunter

NYAspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2005, 7:55 pm

I took the enneagram test, and I scored the highest in organization and calmness (86 and 84 percent, respectively.) As for the right brain-left brain test, 28 and 66, even though I disagreed with what they said.

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2005, 9:36 am

Quote:
introverted, secretive, messy, depressed, does not like leadership, somewhat nihilistic, observer, does not make friends easily, unassertive, feels invisible, feels undesirable, hates large parties, does not like to stand out, leisurely, suspicious, submissive, abstract, unpredictable, intellectual, likes rain, likes the unknown, negative, weird, not a risk taker, unadventurous, avoidant, strange

I DISAGREE with the "Likes Rain" part but everything else is quite accurate. . stunning.

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2005, 10:14 am

I've been to that site before. It's pretty good, I like these sort of tests. Unfortunately I forgot what I got on many of them. I can guess what it is in general, but not the specifics.

Hmm, looks like its time to take these again... woo hoo. I like to take these kinds of tests.

cin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Jun 2005, 11:26 am

trait snapshot:

messy, irritable, depressed, fragile, worrying, emotionally sensitive, does not like to lead, phobic, weird, suspicious, low self control, paranoid, frequently second guesses self, dependent, unproductive, introverted, weak, strange, unassertive, submissive, familiar with the dark side of life, feels invisible, rash, vain, anti-authority, heart over mind, low self concept, disorganized, not good at saving money, avoidant, daydreamer, unadventurous

thanks, i needed that....

i'm not really unproductive. i just wish i was.
every other awful word is true.

cin

03 Jun 2005, 11:27 am

ok, now why would i want to be with someone with similar traits? doesn't someone have to be strong?

cin

03 Jun 2005, 2:38 pm

"INTP - "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population. "

i'm feeling much better now...

CheckEngine
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Jun 2005, 3:38 pm

I found that site awhile ago.

According to those tests, I'm balanced-brained, my Myers-Briggs personality type is INTP, and my Enneagram type is 5w6.

--Calvin "Calvin and Hobbes"

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2005, 12:24 am

I know I am INTJ from having taken the Myers-Briggs on several occasions prior (not the official test of course).

But when I went on the site the other night, it told me I was a lonely and quiet person. I guess it was kinda right. But it sounds so negative when it's actually said. Humz.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2005, 2:39 am

I tried the global personality test... it told me, among other things, that I'm depressed, irritable, altruistic, heart over mind, and that I need things to be extremely clean. They couldn't have been further from the truth if they tried.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2005, 1:06 pm

Yes, the personality tests told me basically I am a lonely miserabe person. I mean, I have my moments of misery and I do often get lonely and am quiet, but I am actually inordinately optimistic for my circumstance. Guess it just goes to show: a person cannot be summed up by a test.

stlf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2005, 1:25 pm

messy, irritable, depressed, fragile, worrying, emotionally sensitive, does not like to lead, phobic, weird, suspicious, low self control, paranoid, frequently second guesses self, dependent, unproductive, introverted, weak, strange, unassertive, submissive, familiar with the dark side of life, feels invisible, rash, vain, anti-authority, heart over mind, low self concept, disorganized, not good at saving money, avoidant, daydreamer, unadventurous

not one positive trait in me I guess. :roll: