Unsure - caffeine is relaxing 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Unsure - caffeine is neutral 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Unsure - I haven't tried caffeine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 15

MissAlgernon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2016, 4:14 pm

A poll to see how we react to this molecule, and to see if there are some people who don't have AD(H)D and who find caffeine relaxing. Just for personal curiosity of course.
I have ADD, and I find caffeine relaxing. Although it's difficult for me to fall asleep, I seem to fall asleep just as "well" or even a bit better after a cup because I'm less anxious. I was surprised when I discovered that it seems to be something pretty unique to people who have AD(H)D, but I wonder if people who don't have the condition can react like this as well. There must be some people who do, but is it common ?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 7:32 pm

I have ADHD-pi and caffeine makes me jittery and nervous.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 2:24 pm

I think I have ADD, and coffee relaxes me. I can sleep well after a cup of coffee, which is unusual, not the least because I have trouble sleeping during the day - it makes me anxious.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Oct 2016, 6:43 pm

I have ADD & caffeine doesn't do much for me except help me feel more awake. I do find drinking soda relaxing but I think that's because I enjoy drinking it. I sometimes take the caffeine pill Vivarin to help me feel more awake when I'm tired & that has a neutral effect.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

aurora borealis
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Oct 2016, 6:34 pm

I'm suspected to have inattentive type ADHD and caffeine does absolutely nothing for me unless it's a really strong coffee, which I don't have often - it gives me panic attack symptoms and then I suddenly crash, get agitated, sleep paralysis, odd dreams...I didn't realise this until a few weeks ago, I had a coffee for my lunch at college and by 3pm (with two hours of lessons left) I was crashing with a major headache, so I had to have more caffeine just to delay a proper crash for another few hours - I'd have gone home, but I genuinely don't think I'd have made it in one piece. Got home and was pretty much zonked out until the following morning.

It'd happened before, I'd just never made the connection before, and I won't be doing it again. I still drink coffee, just not really strong espressos and Americanos (which I love, so it's a shame).

I drink instant coffee that doesn't have quite the same punch. In fact, I'd say it probably mellows me out more than anything. I drink coke and that sort of makes me a bit giddy, but nothing at all like what happens to me with espresso.

Autism assessment coming in late October.
Politically right, but open to other viewpoints. Not a pain in the neck Conservative voter.
Functionalist at heart, but quite like studying Marx.