Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 3:17 pm

Trump has been proven by many fact checkers to lie more often than Hillary Clinton. But the Trump supporters whine about how the fact checking system is rigged and other nonsense. Or its the typical "it was out of context" crap that Trump and his supporters regularly use as an excuse for lying.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

04 Oct 2016, 3:23 pm

What fact checking system? Private websites with their own political agendas? You believe it because it says what you want it say, do you think CNN always tells the truth too? Where were those fact checkers when they lied us into Iraq? Give me a break, "fact checkers" what a joke.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 3:46 pm

I read your post as just more complaining because we are insulting your precious Trump. If fact checkers showed Hillary lied more- you would be all for fact checkers. Thats a fact!

Look up many of the lies Trump has said (especially the stuff that people have called him out on!), there is more than enough proof from many places that show he indeed lied. All of these sites arent magically anti-Trump just because they point out his lies. So stop being paranoid or whatever.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 4:21 pm

Earthbound wrote:
I read your post as just more complaining because we are insulting your precious Trump. If fact checkers showed Hillary lied more- you would be all for fact checkers. Thats a fact!

Look up many of the lies Trump has said (especially the stuff that people have called him out on!), there is more than enough proof from many places that show he indeed lied. All of these sites arent magically anti-Trump just because they point out his lies. So stop being paranoid or whatever.

Look up Correct The Record, the Hillary campaign has spent millions shilling online and remember the lobbying they did of NBC before the debate too. The Clinton's have had the reputation of liars and skirting the law for decades now, it's nothing new and is established fact. Can you admit that the media is in the tank for Hillary? They've thrown out all the rules of journalism and have admitted as much, our media lies even more than the politicians which isn't easy to do. There is no such thing as straight news, it is all commentary and influenced by their ideological leanings.

Trump couldn't possibly be more of a liar because he hasn't held office or been a politician very long, what consequences have come because anything he said? The Clinton's lie and people die, they have a very long track record in office and public life which is indefensible. Do you support NAFTA? Did you support the invasion of Iraq? The Clinton's in 92 were elected on a ticket that was tough on crime, tough on immigration, opposing gay rights, and were total war hawks. Hillary in 2008 is a completely different character than the one she is play in 2016, do you remember her campaign when she was trying to court white working class voters since she conceded minorities to Obama?

What is one good reason to vote for Hillary? How can you trust her? Is hating Trump all you need to support her?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 4:38 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
reason not to vote for hillary: she's a liar, she's incompetent, she's a criminal

well and she's a lawyer and aren't they both criminals?

Trump is a lot of things but he's not a criminal, people suing you in civil court is an entirely different matter from actual criminal cases.

I agree that we don't need any more lawyers as politicians, professional liars who use their knowledge of the law to avoid ever being accountable for their actions. The worst thing about it is that they know better too, how big of a joke is it that Obama was a 'constitutional' scholar? Yeah he studied, he studied it to figure out how to get around it.

As if businessmen were never criminals and liars. As for Trump personally: remember, he stiffed contractors and his own workers. That, and he weaseled out of paying taxes, and raised money meant for charities that went for his own buying sprees, and for his countless legal defenses. Sounds pretty crooked to me.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 4:43 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
reason not to vote for hillary: she's a liar, she's incompetent, she's a criminal

Trump is a lot of things but he's not a criminal, people suing you in civil court is an entirely different matter from actual criminal cases.

I agree that we don't need any more lawyers as politicians, professional liars who use their knowledge of the law to avoid ever being accountable for their actions. The worst thing about it is that they know better too, how big of a joke is it that Obama was a 'constitutional' scholar? Yeah he studied, he studied it to figure out how to get around it.

As if businessmen were never criminals and liars. As for Trump personally: remember, he stiffed contractors and his own workers. That, and he weaseled out of paying taxes, and raised money meant for charities that went for his own buying sprees, and for his countless legal defenses. Sounds pretty crooked to me.

But that's all okay to Jacoby and many Trump supporters because "Hillary is worse". That's their defense quite a lot here. He wouldn't want to admit something is wrong with his precious Trump. :roll:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 5:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

You just can't argue Trump is worse than Hillary in this regard and it's a silly narrative about taxes too as every business pays as little in taxes as they possibly can and the fault of that is the tax code which is written by politicians like Hillary Clinton who would get money from a wealthy donor and do their bidding. There's a reason why Hillary and Bill were at Trump's wedding, I mean I'm sure it was good time but the Clinton's have ulterior motives. Trump's response to accusations that he stiffed or shorted people was that they did shoddy or incomplete work, contractors aren't saints either now. Not nice but that's business. Trump has employed tens of thousands of people most whom sing his praises as an executive and for graciousness & loyalty, he's made billions and lost billions and gained it all back again which I don't see as a bad thing. Trump knows the system and has been very open about why he's donated to people he's donated to because it gives you influence and I don't believe will be bought like the Clinton's and if he is then I guess I'll have to vote for someone else 4 years from now but right now Trump is the only alternative that we got to the status quo.

Why doesn't anyone defend Hillary's record? None of the anti-Trump people here even attempt to and most deny even supporting Hillary altho they are absolutely incredulous at the thought that people are supporting someone other than her. If you want me to hold Trump's toe to the fire on things then admit that Hillary is worse in the same regard as she most often is but none of you can do that because then that would de facto admitting Trump is the better choice. Otherwise the comparison between to two is 100% relevant and credible argument

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 8:21 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

You just can't argue Trump is worse than Hillary in this regard and it's a silly narrative about taxes too as every business pays as little in taxes as they possibly can and the fault of that is the tax code which is written by politicians like Hillary Clinton who would get money from a wealthy donor and do their bidding. There's a reason why Hillary and Bill were at Trump's wedding, I mean I'm sure it was good time but the Clinton's have ulterior motives. Trump's response to accusations that he stiffed or shorted people was that they did shoddy or incomplete work, contractors aren't saints either now. Not nice but that's business. Trump has employed tens of thousands of people most whom sing his praises as an executive and for graciousness & loyalty, he's made billions and lost billions and gained it all back again which I don't see as a bad thing. Trump knows the system and has been very open about why he's donated to people he's donated to because it gives you influence and I don't believe will be bought like the Clinton's and if he is then I guess I'll have to vote for someone else 4 years from now but right now Trump is the only alternative that we got to the status quo.

Why doesn't anyone defend Hillary's record? None of the anti-Trump people here even attempt to and most deny even supporting Hillary altho they are absolutely incredulous at the thought that people are supporting someone other than her. If you want me to hold Trump's toe to the fire on things then admit that Hillary is worse in the same regard as she most often is but none of you can do that because then that would de facto admitting Trump is the better choice. Otherwise the comparison between to two is 100% relevant and credible argument

Well, for one, she isn't quite the liar Trump is. Unlike Trump, she doesn't pretend she didn't say something when it's easily verifiable that she did and then when called out on it doubles down on the lie. Like when he claimed he never said that climate change was a Chinese-perpetrated hoax designed to screw over American businesses, even though it was pretty easy to verify that he did. Then, he tried to stuff the tweet down the memory hole:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... nese-hoax/

This isn't an isolated incident. He's done this time and time again. Clinton, on the other hand, may spin things in her favor, like a salesperson would when making a sales pitch. Obviously, skepticism is required, but you know you're still dealing with someone basically honest.

As for what Trump's doing, it appears he's trying to tear down everyone's reality and replace it with his desired version of reality. This is scary as hell. This is what highly controlling, abusive people do, and Trump is going for the highest office in the land.

No thank you. Jesus Christ.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 8:34 pm

You're wrong, Hillary denies stuff she says and voted for all the time. She has record in public office and still denies it, it's not just words on the campaign trail. Watch the video and watch her lie in real time, no commentary needed.

Last edited by Jacoby on 04 Oct 2016, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 9:06 pm

Jacoby wrote:
You're wrong, Hillary denies stuff she says and voted for all the time. She has record in public office and still denies it, it's not just words on the campaign trail. Watch the video and watch her lie in real time, no commentary needed.

Please give some examples, beyond those given at Politifact and other fact-checkers, like here:

http://politifact.com/personalities/hillary-clinton/

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 9:08 pm

beneficii wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Please give some examples, beyond those given at Politifact and other fact-checkers, like here:

messed up withe embedding

watch the clip, she denies stuff she says a bunch of times

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 9:09 pm

Hillary Clinton apologized for her "superpredator" remarks:

http://time.com/4238230/hillary-clinton ... rpredator/

This increases my respect for Hillary, because I know no one is perfect.

I ask, When did Trump ever apologize for anything or admit he was wrong about something?

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 9:10 pm

Jacoby wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

messed up withe embedding

watch the clip, she denies stuff she says a bunch of times

You're the fact-checker here. Tell me what statements did she falsely deny and demonstrate their falsehood.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 9:39 pm

Okay just for you then I'll transcribe it a it: She said that she always supported gay marriage, that was a lie. She claimed she said that she never said that said that she 'pleads guilty to being being moderate and centrist' and then claims she is progressive not a moderate, she said that she turned over all her emails and that she never sent any classified information over her private server and we know that was a lie, she claims that she stood up to Wall Street before the housing crash in 2007 but really said afterwards there was other people that shared in the blame and that it was unAmerican to attack Wall Street, she attacked Obama for criticizing her universal healthcare plan in 2008 and said he should be ashamed as Democrat for criticizing it but then attacked Bernie Sanders' universal healthcare plan as a false promise and attacked him for wanting throw out Obama's signature achievement. You might remember her comments about having to duck away from facing sniper fire in Bosnia which was proven to be a bold faced lie. She said she opposed NAFTA and opposes TPP but that's a lie.

These are all in the video, watch it yourself if you don't believe me and make your own judgement.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 10:39 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Okay just for you then I'll transcribe it a it: She said that she always supported gay marriage, that was a lie. She claimed she said that she never said that said that she 'pleads guilty to being being moderate and centrist' and then claims she is progressive not a moderate, she said that she turned over all her emails and that she never sent any classified information over her private server and we know that was a lie, she claims that she stood up to Wall Street before the housing crash in 2007 but really said afterwards there was other people that shared in the blame and that it was unAmerican to attack Wall Street, she attacked Obama for criticizing her universal healthcare plan in 2008 and said he should be ashamed as Democrat for criticizing it but then attacked Bernie Sanders' universal healthcare plan as a false promise and attacked him for wanting throw out Obama's signature achievement. You might remember her comments about having to duck away from facing sniper fire in Bosnia which was proven to be a bold faced lie. She said she opposed NAFTA and opposes TPP but that's a lie.

These are all in the video, watch it yourself if you don't believe me and make your own judgement.

I'm stopping at your first claim, an obvious case of quote-mining. If you look at the whole statement she made rather than the quote mine from the video, it would be very clear that she did not claim she always supported same-sex marriage. She makes clear that she looks at new information and updates her views over time, which is consistent with how she's actually been:

Quote:
CLINTON: Well, actually, I have been very consistent. Over the course of my entire life, I have always fought for the same values and principles, but, like most human beings - including those of us who run for office - I do absorb new information. I do look at what's happening in the world.

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2015/ ... ranscript/

In addition, if you look elsewhere she says she has evolved on the subject of gay marriage (which is also what Obama says):

[quote]June 2014: NPR’s Terry Gross grilled Clinton about her past positions’ on gay marriage in what led to a testy exchange. Gross tried to get Clinton to explain if she had truly changed her stance or if the shifting political landscape made it possible for her to announce her support.

At one point Gross asked, "Would you say your view evolved since the '90s or that the American public evolved, allowing you to state your real view?"

Clinton replied: "I think I'm an American. (Laughing) And I think we have all evolved, and it's been one of the fastest, most sweeping transformations."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... -marriage/

So your first claim is false. I'm not going to waste my time with the others. It's clear you make a horrible fact checker.

DelightDelirium
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Oct 2016, 11:34 pm

Did Assange reveal anything juicy recently like he said he would?