Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

sarroura 159753
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Oct 2016, 3:51 pm

since i knew i had asperger , i realized that all the weird things i faced are just symptoms but there's one thing about me , i didn't understand where it comes from : when i was a child , at night i guess , some sort of video or accelerated photos start playing in my head .it's like i'm watching them on "tv" exept the tv is in my mind !and it's like tunnel that turns and turns , beginning with the kitchen and my family ,then it passes to the house , then the whole planet ,(altought mom told me about god , in those images god stoped in the circle of the planet earth and then the spiral continues to some blue galaxy and then i sart asking myself :and then what ? what's next ? and i start to panick , and cry .when i think about asking my question to mom , i say this argument to mysef"mom belongs to the second spiral "earth " ,and it's not the last spiral i mean ,there is some space after that ,then she doesn't know the answer and i won't ask her .and i kept hiding all my fears and my questions from everyone . what's the nature of that thing ? also , whenever i saw a cicatrice in the form of a circle in some man's face i freak out and ran away , in videos , i hate tunnels too , ..anyone here can relate too this ? and if so , what's this thing ?

somanyspoons
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2016, 4:53 pm

Yes, its a thing. I get that too, although not your specific images. Its actually a way that you are intelligent. You have a strong visual memory and use that to create vivid visual imaginings as well.

It has spiritual significance, only if you decide to take it that way. You can decide what meaning it has for you. There are lots of imagery books that will help you understand what some common spiritual associations are for specific images. But only you can decide what applies to you.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2016, 6:50 pm

Sounds like a documentary movie short made back in the early Seventies: started with a man lying face down on a beach, then goes first one direction (the macro), and then the other (the micro). Then man gets smaller, and then vanishes into a space pic of Florida, and then of the whole earth as seen from the Moon, and then the solar system, galaxy, and universe.

And then it goes the other way -zeroes in on his hand, his finger, the cells in his skin, and so on down to the molecules, then to a single atom, and then finally to the nucleus of that atom.

The movie is not particularly scary or anything.

Dont know why your mind would do that spontaneously while you're trying to drift off to sleep.

I guess that you could take it as a spiritual epiphany about how we are all part of the cosmic whole.

sarroura 159753
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Oct 2016, 1:35 am

[quote="somanyspoons"]Yes, its a thing. I get that too, although not your specific images. Its actually a way that you are intelligent. You have a strong visual memory and use that to create vivid visual imaginings as well.

is it common with autistic people ? and does it have a name ? i tried spirituality but i wanted something more : that comes from me , i want to create something and not just observe ! but that's hard , cause i think my special interest is observing .

sarroura 159753
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Oct 2016, 1:42 am

interesting movie ! !! , i don't know either why it happened, i tried to talk about it to my friend when i was 6 year old , but it was hard , cause the images were here but the words that match with them were lost !

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 2:07 am

I get this too, I think it has something to do with processing information visually. When you go to sleep (or start to) your brain gets a chance to sort through everything you've seen/though about that day. I get some very odd images, which I find quite useful from an artistic point of view; I've never had such a direct sequence of images as yours though, that's cool!

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 9:58 pm

I've had them too

I described them as Data reading computer screens at super
Speed.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2016, 7:26 am

When I was a child something like that would happen: scenes of that particular day might flash through my head as I drifted off to sleep. Even last night I had a brief semi awake moment when I was reliving part of this past work day - counting hundreds of little circuit fuses for car dashboards on display at an Advance Auto store for the inventory service I work for(retail chains hire us to go in physically count their inventory). But reliving the school day in grade school, or reliving counting merchandise, is not quite the same as traveling to larger dimensions of the Cosmos like you're describing.

sarroura 159753
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Oct 2016, 3:11 pm

drlaugh wrote:
I've had them too

I described them as Data reading computer screens at super
Speed.

they don't have a name ?