In what ways do you have AS? In what ways do you not?

Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Do I sound like full-on AS to you?
Yes, you sound very AS 48%  48%  [ 15 ]
No, you sound way more NT 52%  52%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 31

ButchCoolidge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2007, 2:28 pm

AS-like:
I'm extremely logical and analytical
I excel in math, language, music
I have an extremely obsessive personality, for activities, people, even objects
I read *a lot* in elementary school, mostly adult fiction and fantasy, but it was more rote than understanding, I would forget the stories mere weeks later, unless it was one I particularly enjoyed, in which I case I would remember things word for word
I have a slightly odd voice
I had a slightly odd gait
I have trouble sitting still, unless I'm absorbed in something... I in particularly I enjoy air drumming, leg bouncing, finger tapping, and touching my nose
I have had difficulty maintaining close friendships outside of a structured environment such as a team sport, although I am not a total failure in this department
I was taken advantage of due to gullibility a couple of very painful times in elementary school, but luckily I was big/smart enough to avoid major bullying
Extrememly high IQ
Struggled with addiction and mood issues due to extreme focus
I enter cars strangely (I don't "swing in," I put my knee on the seat and crawl in)
Suffered from eating issues (binge eating, borderline anorexia, very picky eater, can't find enough enjoyable food, etc)
Not great with eye contact or group socializing, other than with close friends where we can all let our guard down
Tendency to monologue about interests
Extremely everything (bizarre, silly witty, dark) sense of humor
Prone to extreme randomness
*Very* black and white thinking... this is one of my biggest issues
Need significant time alone every day, but I do enjoy company as well and go nuts if totally isolated (the balance has been difficult to find at times)
I have an incredible memory for details - facts, specific conversational exchanges
Often utilized the internet as a social lubricant, even since my pre-teen years
Often bonded with older people
I sometimes lose awareness of the volume of my voice, esp. when excited about what I'm talking about
I have poor posture - slouching, etc. I'm most comfortable curled up in a ball, and whether I'm standing, sitting, or lying down, I'm going to get as close to that position as possible
I sing to myself a lot
I think I stand out in public, because I really don't put on a mask when I go out... I'm often singing to myself, lost in deep thought, taking in my surroundings... I don't just sit there like a little blind deaf doll on the subway, and I think it occasionally weirds people out
Occasionally I have empathy issues
I *hate* changes of plan or unexpected visits
If I don't plan ahead, I get absolutely nothing done. I'm either completely organized, or a total mess
As a kid, I was prone to major temper tantrums (still am, I guess, occasionally)
I used to punch myself in the chest as hard as I could when I got angry
I *cannot* multitask... whatever my task is, I become it, and there is nothing else
I often find myself plugging my ears in response to loud noises which others do not mind
I'm extremely creative
When I was a kid, I made my parents lug around my sheets from home to avoid dealing with stiff hotel sheets, and I can't stand clothes tags, etc.
Although my powers of focus are incredible, I also have a tendency to zone out, esp. in social situations or whenever I'm not particuarly entertained
I wear the same shoes every day, and usually cargo shorts, only changing my t-shirt. Not exactly Fifth Avenue

Not AS-like:
My social skills aren't that bad, I don't think many people suspect anything
I have had predominantly success with the opposite sex, including some long relationships
When the cirumstances come together, I sometimes find myself the life of the party
Good at sports (I've got good genes, dad was a great swimmer and uncle was a heckuva quarter miler, and then I master the mental aspects through analysis)
Sometimes I enjoy very lengthy conversations, typically of great depth, often both intellectually and emotionally/personally (but is this truly non-AS? not sure)
I can be hyper-empathetic at times
I like fiction (but so did Kubrick :P )
I have no trouble detecting humor, sarcasm - people usually can't tell when I'm kidding, however, because I can deliver it dry as a BONE

Last edited by ButchCoolidge on 10 May 2007, 3:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 2:49 pm

i'm too AS to actually sit down and dilaniate all of my behaviors into two neat lil piles

i'm NT enough to realize that the lines between the two piles aren't that discrete

mainly though... i'm jsut too tired to think lol

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 6:30 pm

[quote="Lightning88"]Ways I Have AS
[quote]

I feel a lot like you at the ways I am aspie, althuogh you forgot to write about our modesty! :D

but the following points are very aspie.
*I love reading fiction
*I am excellent at understanding sarcasm.
I know a girl like you, she is EXTREMeLY social, although good at math and science.

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 7:09 pm

reading the lists bellow I conclude that most aspies share the NT trait of reading fiction! :D

What I believe is that "reading non-fiction" is an aspie trait, meanwhile reading fiction is common to aspie and NT.

TylerPaul
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 May 2007, 7:55 pm

Clumsy
Habit keeps me happy, unable to fulfill habit makes me uncomfortable
Constant use of stock phrases and repeated lines
Logical and Analytical
Self-absorbed
Obsessive
leg shaking, pacing, finger tapping
Very uncomfortable around strangers
Uncomfortable in large groups
Very high IQ though you wouldn't know it by talking to me
Cannot focus, easily distracted usually by my own thoughts. I call it 'The Chatter'
Cannot react, only act. And when I finally decide on my what my actions should be or what I should say, it's usually wrong
Good at doing what I'm told, bad and knowing what to do with out being told
Need to be alone
Will avoid all contact if I'm a project or just getting my alone time.
Naturally talanted in every field as long as I decide I want to do it (I remember the day I could suddenly draw and draw well. That was cool)
Must make a game plan for getting responsibilities done all at once or I won't do any at all
Creative.
Can't stand several types of cloth. Won't wear jeans EVER.
I'm highly empathetic but to honest and straight forward
I'm weird and eccentric.
An urge to organize objects when placed on a table in front of me. Like if empty my pockets.
Obsessed with details.
Overwhelmed by vast amount of possibilites when dealing with others and there perspective on things.
Hate being the leader. Always put myself second.
Can't control the volume of my voice
Show little of negative emotions unless I decide that it's alright to
Terrible with names, faces, comprehension in loud areas, mumbling or strong accents
Very poor memory.
Uncomfortable with friends if I haven't seen them for a long time (exceptions being my closest friends that I trust)
Constant obsessive dialog in my mind. Plan conversations when making phone calls.
Cannot not pretend. Can't play D&D
Difficulty speaking what I'm thinking.

Not AS
Poor vocabulary although my style of speach and writing can be unusual
I have a wierd voice but I think it's due to more of a speech impairment than the usual monotone
Loud noises do not bother me, neither does light
I hung out with some of the popular kids at school. Never had a hard time making friends.

I'll add more as I think of them.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 8:27 pm

I do read fiction, but have noticed a lot of it is autism/AS related or cat related.

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 8:51 pm

9CatMom wrote:
I do read fiction, but have noticed a lot of it is autism/AS related or cat related.

I think all fiction is AS related.
can Nt people create fiction?

ixochiyo_yohuallan
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 10:32 am

From http://myweb.usf.edu/~begeiger/as-symptoms.html:

(this sounds suspiciously familiar - I think I've come across a diagnostic sheet with the same criteria bfore)

Have:

* Difficulty in accepting criticism or correction (used to, no longer though)
* Difficulty in perceiving and applying unwritten social rules or protocols (YES)
* "Immature" manners (it depends on what one sees as immature; I've been told I look very mature and serene, at least at times, but I feel like an eleven-year-old who never grew up)
* Failure to distinguish between private and public personal care habits: i.e., brushing, public attention to skin problems, nose picking, teeth picking, ear canal cleaning, clothing arrangement
* Naive trust in others (yes, theoretically I may know that people may and do have selfish motivations, and that I ought to be cautious about whom to trust, but in practical situations I often open up to people I hardly know)
* Low or no conversational participation in group meetings or conferences (can't join in for some reason and feel like an outsider)
* Constant anxiety about performance and acceptance, despite recognition and commendation (if my obsessive self-analysis and replaying of past situations in my mind counts, then yes)
* Scrupulous honesty, often expressed in an apparently disarming or inappropriate manner or setting (I'm told I'm too open)
* Bluntness in emotional expression (I'm told I bludgeon people with my emotions because I hardly hold anything back)
* Discomfort manipulating or "playing games" with others (frankly, I think any person who is more or less morally sound will be uncomfortable with this)
* Unmodulated reaction in being manipulated, patronized, or "handled" by others (not sure what they mean by unmodulated reaction - and again, I think nobody likes this)
* Difficulty with reciprocal displays of pleasantries and greetings (yes, thus I can say goodbye a dozen times before I'm finally gone, or turn it into a whole verbal ritual that has little feeling to it, otherwise I feel a lot of discomfort and don't know what to say)
* Problems expressing empathy or comfort to/with others: sadness, condolence, congratulations, etc. (yes, I may feel very empathetic but be unable to express it)
* Difficulty with adopting a social mask to obscure real feelings, moods, reactions (YES - I never really learned to hide what I feel, and don't want to)
* Using social masks inappropriately (you are "xv" while everyone else is ????) (yes, always being the "friend", even in a formal setting)
* Abrupt and strong expression of likes and dislikes (not as abupt as with some people I've met, but still emotional; isn't this normal though?)
* Excessive talk (yes, will talk a mile a minute and not let anyone else utter a word; either that or close to no talking at all)
* Social isolation and intense concern for privacy (partly - isolation no, concern for privacy yes)
* Limited clothing preference; discomfort with formal attire or uniforms (YES, same clothing for months or years, can't stand uniforms and ball gowns)
* Preference for bland or bare environments in living arrangements (I like simplicity)
* Limited by intensely pursued interests (if I am obsessed with something, and I always am, it lasts several months or years, and I think about it nearly non-stop)
* Often perceived as "being in their own world"
* Strong sensory sensitivities: touch and tactile sensations, sounds, lighting and colors, odors, taste (not as strong as with some, I suppose, but still there)
* Clumsiness (dropping, losing, bumping into things...)
* Balance difficulties (moderate)
* Difficulty in judging distances, height, depth
* Difficulty in recognizing others' faces (prosopagnosia) (moderate)
* Stims (self-stimulatory behavior serving to reduce anxiety, stress, or to express pleasure) (finger and toe rubbing, bouncing or swaying on tiptoe, rubbing hips, rubbing or squeezing eyelids, but no rocking while sitting down or hand-flapping)
* Self-injurious or disfiguring behaviors (only scab-picking, oten until my fingers hurt and are bloody)
* Unusual gait, stance, posture (I'm told so - stooping, bouncy swift step, odd hand positions)
* Gross or fine motor coordination problems (moderate; very hard to write by hand, handwriting nearly illegible)
* Low apparent sexual interest (I mostly have no drive at all; I think it's the depression though)
* Depression (YES)
* Verbosity (only when writing)
* Flat or monotone vocal expression; limited range of inflection (sometimes yes, but more of an oddly modulated voice than a monotone one)
* Difficulty with initiating or maintaining eye contact (distracting, disturbing, but usuall only with those I dislike, or strangers)
* Elevated voice volume during periods of stress and frustration (my voice starts rising on its own, then begins to jump all over the place)
* Strong food preferences and aversions
* Unusual and rigidly adhered to eating behaviors (strange eating schedules I don't want to be disrupted, same foods for long periods of time)
* Bad or unusual personal hygiene (keep forgetting to wash or comb hair, dirty fingenails, clothes may be in disarray, boots/buttons done up the wrong way, etc.)
* Susceptibility to distraction (damn YES)
* Difficulty in expressing emotions (can't find the right words, at least when speaking aloud)
* Low understanding of the reciprocal rules of conversation: interrupting, dominating, minimum participation, difficult in shifting topics, problem with initiating or terminating conversation, subject perseveration (getting a bit better now, but only when neither too stressed or too excited)
* Preference for visually oriented instruction and training
* Difficulty in generalizing (better now, but still get stuck on small details)
* Difficulty in understanding rules for games of social entertainment (couldn't understand the rules of games when playing in the yard, or what to do at the tennis court etc.; end up confused as to what to do or say at parties)
* Missing or misconstruing others' agendas, priorities, preferences (probably more than I think)
* Impulsiveness
* Exquisite attention to detail, principally visual, or details which can be visualized ("Thinking in Pictures") or cognitive details (often those learned by rote) (YES)
* Distractibility due to focus on external or internal sensations, thoughts, and/or sensory input (appearing to be in a world of one's own or day-dreaming) (YES, keep spacing out and slipping into a daydream all the time)
* Difficulty in assessing relative importance of details (an aspect of the trees/forest problem)
* Poor judgment of when a task is finished (often attributable to perfectionism or an apparent unwillingness to follow differential standards for quality) (if I do a task, I usually do it to death)
* Difficulty in imagining others' thoughts in a similar or identical event or circumstance that are different from one's own ("Theory of Mind" issues) (probably more than I think)
* Difficulty with organizing and sequencing (planning and execution; successful performance of tasks in a logical, functional order) (YES, I'm one enormous mess)
* An apparent lack of "common sense" (depends on what one calls common sense, but probbly yes)
* Difficulty in estimating time to complete tasks (if I think I need a day to do something, I'll likely need twice as much)
* Difficulty in learning self-monitoring techniques
* Disinclination to produce expected results in an orthodox manner (I suppose)
* Stilted, pedantic conversational style ("The Professor") (when I was a child, yes; now only in writing)
* Difficulty with "teamwork" (yes, never know how to make a contribution at the right time, and end up being left out)
* Difficulty in accepting compliments, often responding with quizzical or self-deprecatory language (getting better, but still put myself down)
* Difficulty in starting project (YES - procrastinate until the night before the deadline)
* Discomfort with competition, out of scale reactions to losing (partly - see no sense incompetition, but losing doesn't bother me)
* Low motivation to perform tasks of no immediate personal interest (sadly)
* Oversight or forgetting of tasks without formal reminders such as lists or schedules (YES - and forgetting to look into the schedule itself)
* Slow performance (damn YES; as we put in in Russian - I'm like a giraffe, everything reached me only on the third day)
* Perfectionism (either that or not finishing anything at all)
* Reluctance to ask for help or seek comfort
* Low sensitivity to risks in the environment to self and/or others
* Difficulty with writing and reports (depends on what type of writing; fiction's okay, or papers on my subject of interest, but not university asignments)
* Reliance on internal speech process to "talk" oneself through a task or procedure (verbalize obsessively, analyzing myself and anything/anyone else, though I normally think in pictures)
* Stress, frustration and anger reaction to interruptions (I thought this was normal)
* Difficulty in negotiating either in conflict situations or as a self-advocate (my tolerance of conflict is below zero; I can hardly say anything in my defense and only start crying)
* Very low level of assertiveness (getting better, but still very passive; used to drifting with the flow and waiting for others to direct me)
* Reluctance to accept positions of authority or supervision (could never lead, only lag behind the others)
* Difficulty in handling relationships with authority figures (never really had any major trouble, but it isn't hard to see how I could run into it)
* Often viewed as vulnerable or less able to resist harassment and badgering by others (it's a fact that I can't resist it, getting better bit by bit, though)

Last edited by ixochiyo_yohuallan on 13 May 2007, 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

ixochiyo_yohuallan
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 10:35 am

Don't have:

Basicaslly, I don't have any of the traits related to rigidity (in everything except for clothing and food) and adherence to rules or schedules. I'm anything but organized - not to mention too organized.

Last edited by ixochiyo_yohuallan on 14 May 2007, 9:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 3:07 pm

Aspie attributes:
I was bullied and sometimes mobbed at school almost every day until age 17.
My course motor skills are poor although my fine motor skills good.
I cannot cope with another task when I am already engaged upon one.
I have a high IQ
I have a high AQ
I have a 30% working memory deficit
I find deception very difficult to perform or understand
I am easy to deceive
I can can be slow to get a joke
I am hopeless with names and faces
I am easily confused
I am fascinated by machinery
I rely on visual memory
I can completely misunderstand verbal instructions
I hate using the telephone

Non Aspie attributes:
I can socialize and have friends (although these skills took years to aquire)

more to come when i have thought about it a bit more.

Last edited by iceb on 12 May 2007, 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

khsys
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 May 2007, 4:36 pm

Some of the comments in this post are totally off base (I am easily confused, I hate using the telephone, Terrible with money, I have major meltdowns, No interest in trends, etc.). NONE of these have to do with Asperger's...I suggest that if you really think you have Asperger's, you should contact someone who is qualified in making that judgement rather than self-diagnosing yourselves. In addition, here is the criteria to determine whether one has AS:

http://www.aspergers.com/aspcrit.htm

I don't know about you, but I don't see anything about a telephone in there.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 6:15 pm

Thank you this is just the info. I need

BTW I am in no way trying to make a Diagnosis just listing traits

Last edited by iceb on 12 May 2007, 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 6:56 pm

I feel something very interesting reading this thread: at my dayly life I "never" try to guess what other people are thinking, it is extremely difficult for me to imagine what people around are thinking. Also, I can't imagine what most people at this site are thinking...
But there are some few people here, that although I don't know, and about whom I know only some words, and even though, I believe I am really able to "read their mnds"! it is incrediible!! ! 8O

Racer_J
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 May 2007, 6:57 pm

Guess I'll join in. My brain's not organized enough to come up with as much sensible stuff as everyone else but I probably won't come up with anything good anyways.

I might have AS because...

-Very bad at understanding (and making) facial expressions and unspoken communication
-I frequently take things the wrong way (i guess everyone else says 'too literally', but i often think somebody is being sarcastic when they arent as well)
-I often avoid conversation with people, including my family, thinking "why would I talk? there's nothing to talk about"
-When I discuss something I know alot about, I often offend, but don't understand why until I think about the conversation afterward
(the above reasons alone made school a horrible and lonely experience for me)
-Nobody understands my jokes unless they've known me for a while, and then I tend to make people crack up laughing
-My handwriting is, and always has been, HORRIBLE
-I have those telltale obsessions to a ridiculous degree, I can spend days reading every detail about a subject that really doesn't matter at all in the 'real world' before finding something else to obsess over
-I think I have the stims people talk about, it's pretty funny to watch myself on camera in fast-motion at work, I'll just be standing there and I'll tap my knuckles on the table, then take my hat off and put it back on, then look out the window in the same direction, and then do it over again in some sort of pattern. I try not to now that I've realized it...
-I'm fantastic with algebra and geometry (and to some degree trigonometry) but never did learn calculus (I took it for a couple of weeks and dropped it right before a test because I didn't study... the whole "why the f* am I doing this and this and this?" thing), I could memorize the steps but there seems to be no rhyme or reason in calc
-I'm really bad about over-elaborating in conversation, and can't easily pick out the important stuff
-I talk about myself in relation to others instead of just talking about them
-Can't stand people to be close to me or touch me (my girlfriend has even had her hand pushed away before :oops: )
-I love cats :mrgreen:
-I'm the epitome of "people think I'm smart but I feel like I'm mentally ret*d"

And I'm probably not an aspie because...

-Although alot of things really bothered me when I was young, now I'm able to just "not give a crap" about them
-I'm great at sports, including team sports, although I'm often excluded anyways because of my short/skinny size
-Very messy and disorganized on a large scale (like my house, stuff at work; but if I'm drawing a picture or organizing a desk I'm very organized and stuff has to be lined up with each other and everything)
-I think reading fiction is a waste of time
-I was able to speak pretty early in life but couldn't read or count well until around age 5

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2007, 11:46 pm

I'm listing from the website given http://myweb.usf.edu/~begeiger/as-symptoms.html
as it's easier ....

Aspie traits:

Difficulty in accepting criticism
*Difficulty in perceiving and applying unwritten social rules or protocols
Immature mannerisms
*Extreme naive trust in others
Constant anxiety about performance and acceptance, despite recognition and commendation
*Scrupulous honesty, often expressed in an apparently disarming or inappropriate manner or setting
Bluntness in emotional expression
Discomfort manipulating or "playing games" with others
Bizarre sense of humor, slow to understand punchlines
Difficulty with reciprocal displays of pleasantries and greetings
Fixating on bad experiences with people or events for an inordinate length of time
*Difficulty with adopting a social mask to obscure real feelings, moods, reactions
Abrupt and strong expression of likes and dislikes
Rigid adherence to rules
Apparent absence of relaxation, recreational, or "time out" activities
*Difficulty in forming friendships and intimate relationships
*Difficulty in distinguishing between acquaintance and friendship
Social isolation and intense concern for privacy
Limited clothing preference; discomfort with formal attire or uniforms
Difficulty judging others' personal space
Intensely pursued interests
In "my own world"
*Clumsiness
*Balance difficulties
Difficulty in judging distances, height, depth
Difficulty in recognizing faces
Stimming
Self-injurous behavior (not now but when a child)
Nail-biting
*Unusual gait, stance, posture
*Gross or fine motor coordination problems
*Sleep problems
*Verbosity
*Difficulty expressing anger
*Difficulty with initiating or maintaining eye contact
*Elevated voice volume during periods of stress and frustration
Mental shutdown response to conflicting demands and multi-tasking
Low understanding of the reciprocal rules of conversation
*Take instructions literally, failure to read between the lines
*Interpreting words and phrases literally
Difficulty in generalizing
*Difficulty in understanding rules for games of social entertainment
*Missing or misconstruing others' agendas, priorities, preferences
Impulsiveness
Compelling need to finish one task completely before starting another
Exquisite attention to detail
*Distractibility due to focus on external or internal sensations, thoughts, and/or sensory input (appearing to be in a world of one's own or day-dreaming)
*Difficulty in assessing relative importance of details (an aspect of the trees/forest problem)
*An apparent lack of "common sense"
*Shutdown, self-isolating reactions appearing "out of nowhere"
Substantial hidden self-anger, anger towards others, and resentment
Extreme reaction to changes in routine, surroundings, people
Stilted, pedantic conversational style
*Difficulty in accepting compliments, often responding with quizzical or self-deprecatory language
*Tendency to "lose it" during sensory overload, multitask demands, or when contradictory and confusing priorities have been set
Low motivation to perform tasks of no immediate personal interest
*Oversight or forgetting of tasks without formal reminders such as lists or schedules
Great concern about order and appearance of personal work area
*Perfectionism
Reluctance to ask for help or seek comfort
*Excessive questioning
*Reliance on internal speech process to "talk" oneself through a task or procedure
Stress, frustration and anger reaction to interruptions
*Difficulty in negotiating either in conflict situations or as a self-advocate
Very low level of assertiveness
Reluctance to accept positions of authority or supervision
*Often viewed as vulnerable or less able to resist harassment and badgering by others
Punctual and concientious
Avoids socializing, "hanging out," or small talk on and off the job

Personal comorbidities:
OCD
hyperlexia
depression
anxiety

I don't tend to have trouble with these that were listed:

Preference for bland or bare environments in living arrangements
Low apparent sexual interest
Strong food preferences and aversions
Unusual and rigidly adhered to eating behaviors
Bad or unusual personal hygiene
Preference for visually oriented instruction and training
Difficulty with organizing and sequencing (planning and execution; successful performance of tasks in a logical, functional order)
Difficulty in estimating time to complete tasks
Deliberate withholding of peak performance due to belief that one's best efforts may remain unrecognized, unrewarded, or appropriated by others
Slow performance
Low sensitivity to risks in the environment to self and/or others
Difficulty with writing and reports

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 2:21 am

I would like to borrow your method, newaspie. Here goes:

Aspie traits:

Difficulty in accepting criticism
*Difficulty in perceiving and applying unwritten social rules or protocols
Immature mannerisms
Constant anxiety about performance and acceptance, despite recognition and commendation
*Scrupulous honesty, often expressed in an apparently disarming or inappropriate manner or setting
Bluntness in emotional expression
Discomfort manipulating or "playing games" with others
Bizarre sense of humor,
Difficulty with reciprocal displays of pleasantries and greetings
Fixating on bad experiences with people or events for an inordinate length of time
*Difficulty with adopting a social mask to obscure real feelings, moods, reactions
Abrupt and strong expression of likes and dislikes
*Difficulty in forming friendships and intimate relationships
Social isolation and intense concern for privacy
Limited clothing preference; discomfort with formal attire or uniforms
Difficulty judging others' personal space
Intensely pursued interests
In "my own world"
*Clumsiness
*Balance difficulties
Stimming
Self-injurous behavior (only when pressured)
Nail-biting
*Unusual gait, stance, posture
*Gross or fine motor coordination problems
*Sleep problems
*Verbosity
*Difficulty expressing anger
*Difficulty with initiating or maintaining eye contact
Mental shutdown response to conflicting demands and multi-tasking
Low understanding of the reciprocal rules of conversation
*Take instructions literally, failure to read between the lines
*Interpreting words and phrases literally
Difficulty in generalizing
*Difficulty in understanding rules for games of social entertainment
*Missing or misconstruing others' agendas, priorities, preferences
Impulsiveness
Compelling need to finish one task completely before starting another
Exquisite attention to detail
*Distractibility due to focus on external or internal sensations, thoughts, and/or sensory input (appearing to be in a world of one's own or day-dreaming)
*Difficulty in assessing relative importance of details (an aspect of the trees/forest problem)
*An apparent lack of "common sense"
*Shutdown, self-isolating reactions appearing "out of nowhere"
Substantial hidden self-anger, anger towards others, and resentment
Extreme reaction to changes in routine, surroundings, people
Stilted, pedantic conversational style
*Difficulty in accepting compliments, often responding with quizzical or self-deprecatory language
Low motivation to perform tasks of no immediate personal interest
*Oversight or forgetting of tasks without formal reminders such as lists or schedules (The above one very much. I've missed national exams for it!)

Great concern about order and appearance of personal work area
*Perfectionism
Reluctance to ask for help or seek comfort
*Excessive questioning
*Reliance on internal speech process to "talk" oneself through a task or procedure
Stress, frustration and anger reaction to interruptions
*Difficulty in negotiating either in conflict situations or as a self-advocate
Very low level of assertiveness
Reluctance to accept positions of authority or supervision
Difficulty in estimating time to complete tasks
Punctual and concientious
Avoids socializing, "hanging out," or small talk on and off the job
Deliberate withholding of peak performance due to belief that one's best efforts may remain unrecognized, unrewarded, or appropriated by others
Slow performance
Difficulty with writing and reports

Personal comorbidities: (none diagnosed, but at least at a "common definition"-level)
OCD
depression
anxiety

I don't tend to have trouble with these that were listed:

*Often viewed as vulnerable or less able to resist harassment and badgering by others
*Tendency to "lose it" during sensory overload, multitask demands, or when contradictory and confusing priorities have been set
*Elevated voice volume during periods of stress and frustration
Difficulty in judging distances, height, depth
Difficulty in recognizing faces
*Difficulty in distinguishing between acquaintance and friendship
Apparent absence of relaxation, recreational, or "time out" activities
Rigid adherence to rules
slow to understand punchlines
*Extreme naive trust in others
Preference for bland or bare environments in living arrangements
Low apparent sexual interest
Strong food preferences and aversions (not now, but when younger)
Unusual and rigidly adhered to eating behaviors (not now, but when younger)
Bad or unusual personal hygiene (meticulous showers and toothbrushing, though)
Preference for visually oriented instruction and training
Difficulty with organizing and sequencing (planning and execution; successful performance of tasks in a logical, functional order)
Low sensitivity to risks in the environment to self and/or others

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."