Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 10:24 am

I find myself buying some boy's toys from time to time to do just that.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 9:27 pm

The Malibu Barbie I saw on ebay can only be paid by paypal so I think I'll keep watching to see if anyone sells them without paypal or wait and see if a reproduction for Barbie's sixtieth comes out.
I have another barbie which has her leg broken off and I'm going to see if there's anyone that can fix her.

the only dolls I liked were the barbie dolls other dolls always looked creepy to me.
I guess the barbies have nicer faces on them.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2016, 8:11 pm

Is there anyone you know, friends or family members, who have PayPal and who would pay it for you and you can give them the money?

I'm now desperate for you to get your Malibu Barbie!

Keep up an e-bay search feature for the doll -- you can save a search and it will e-mail you every time that item is put up for auction by anybody. One of these days a seller might be one who also accepts other payment methods.

I've had to keep "saved searches" on for a prolonged time but eventually got exactly what I wanted.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2016, 8:31 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
Is there anyone you know, friends or family members, who have PayPal and who would pay it for you and you can give them the money?

I'm now desperate for you to get your Malibu Barbie!

Keep up an e-bay search feature for the doll -- you can save a search and it will e-mail you every time that item is put up for auction by anybody. One of these days a seller might be one who also accepts other payment methods.

I've had to keep "saved searches" on for a prolonged time but eventually got exactly what I wanted.

I can ask my sister she might have a friend who has paypal I'll have to show her which one it is.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2016, 9:41 pm

If someone can do this favor for you, it would be great -- I don't know why but I'm excited for you getting the thing you want! :D

My similar e-bay triumphs brought joy to my "inner child"!

Let us know if or when you get it.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2016, 9:52 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
If someone can do this favor for you, it would be great -- I don't know why but I'm excited for you getting the thing you want! :D

I sent my sister a text message but I'll probably won't hear from her until later, I've written down the seller's name and where they're from.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2016, 11:56 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:

My sister emailed the seller to see if she will accept another form of payment if she says yes I might have my Malibu Barbie I can pay my sister the money after.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 2:25 am

My sister contacted the seller of Malibu Barbie and if she gets it she is thinking of giving it to me for Christmas as She doesn't know what to get me and there isn't really anything I want anyway.

TudorGothicSerpent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Oct 2016, 3:15 am

Awesome :D

Not exactly the same thing, but I've occasionally bought myself things as an adult just because I couldn't get them for whatever reason as a child or teenager. Music my parents didn't want me listening to, games I just couldn't afford, etc. I'm an adult with all of the responsibilities and difficulties that entails now. The least I can do for myself is do some of the things I always fantasized about doing when I grew up, way back when I was an adorable but annoying wriggler.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 4:15 pm

No, I don't think it's silly----I always liked Barbie, better than other dolls, TOO!! I had a Chrissie doll, and the only thing she was good-for, in-my-book, was slinging her around by her hair! LOL My desire to be a Fashion Designer started with my first Barbie, maybe.

When I was in Elementary School, there was this family that wanted to adopt me (cuz my family was so messed-up), and they ate peanut butter on toast for breakfast, and I thought that was so strange, I would've LET them adopt me cuz I figured I could learn ALL KINDS of things from them (LOL); but, the thing WAS, they had Lincoln Logs----and, to-this-DAY, I would give, almost ANYTHING, for a set----so, I'm right there with ya, on wanting something you didn't get from your childhood.

I'm so excited that your sister might get her, for you----and, as a GIFT; WAAAY cool!!

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 2:21 pm

Campin Cat, I too had a Chrissie doll! I loved the way she looked and the fact that she was a large doll.

Sadly, she seemed so perfect with all that silky hair and peachy skin, I got so obsessed with trying to keep her in mint condition, that I never played with her, which defeats the whole point, lol. I wish I had played with her more and really enjoyed the doll properly instead of get so anxious to keep her perfect.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2016, 12:04 am

I have an update, my sister got the Malibu Barbie for me and it should Arrive at her place soon, she said she'll keep it for me for Christmas.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2016, 5:02 am

I think it's awesome people can get stuff like that. My dad bought his favorite childhood toy on Ebay a few years ago. Captain Lazer. Lights up and makes cool sounds.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2016, 5:42 am

the thing that was taken away from me in childhood that I can never get back, was a toy red pedal car. :(

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2016, 12:02 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:
I have an update, my sister got the Malibu Barbie for me and it should Arrive at her place soon, she said she'll keep it for me for Christmas.
YAY!! !! :cheers:

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2016, 12:07 pm

auntblabby wrote:
the thing that was taken away from me in childhood that I can never get back, was a toy red pedal car. :(
I SO wanted one of those when I was a little kid! Even though I was a girl and back then mostly boys had pedal cars, not so much girls.

I'm not sure why my parents didn't want to get me one, as I'm sure I had other large things bought for me that would cost about the same, if it was money they worried about. I was always fascinated by the idea of my own car even if it was just a toy.

I used to get these double-size cardboard boxes our groceries were delivered in, turn it upside down, cut a hole at one end, get in, and "drive" along on my knees. I loved my cardboard "knee cars" but I envied pedal car owners like crazy.