Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2016, 12:33 pm

What does it mean exactley if your horrible about someone behind there back?

MissAlgernon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2016, 12:54 pm

That the person doing that is both a coward and dishonest.
It's fine to dislike someone, but both the lack of courage and the lack of honesty are very high in my list of the most despicable attitudes.

shadowtag
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Oct 2016, 2:45 pm

To speak ill of, or to express dislike or displeasure about someone to other people when the person in question is not present but to hide the fact when said person is present, I would agree with MissAlgernon, such conduct is cowardly and dishonest.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2016, 9:29 am

Could be a number of things.

Genuine dislike of the person

Temporary anger at someone

Continuously getting upset with someone

Airing something about someone that annoys you about them, without causing conflict with said person, or get in trouble

Need to rant

Bonding with the person you trash talk them with (the bonding can be both cause and effect); pick the right person/group (like teachers if you're in school) and it usually works. Specific groups can also have specific groups they talk about (spouses talking about spouses with mates/girl friends, kids talking about parents or teachers, employees talking about a boss etc). This may or may not reflect anything about their true feelings/ opinions. There are also degrees of how much you mean it.

Entertainment, wanting to hear (or share) gossip

Could also be that one of them is trying to get the other in trouble with what they're saying, or even the person they're talking about.

I'm sure there are other reasons too.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

questor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 10:18 am

Ah! This brings back memories of the worst case in my own life. My older brother's then girl friend and I seemed to be getting along well. I kind of liked her, as much as a non connecting person can at that phase of a relationship. I knew of nothing bad about her, and had never done anything wrong, but then I found out she was stabbing me in the back. I was living with this brother at the time, and girl friend moved into a home a couple of blocks away. He would often go to her house for meals. After a while of this, I started getting calls from him calling from her house, after going there for dinner. In these calls he would be yelling and ranting at me, and generally running me down for no reason at all. I was extremely baffled by his behavior, but after the second or third time, it finally dawned on me that she must have been treating him to a diet of attack the boy friends sister, as she apparently wanted me out of the picture, so she and he could get married, but she was never nasty to me in person. That was a very stressful time for me. I had been trying unsuccessfully to get a job, and had also been dealing with failing health. The state assistance office in that state would not help unless I had kids or was in the hospital, or had drug or alcohol abuse problems. Anyway, thanks to my brother's girl friend, I ended up homeless for four months. My foolish brother did eventually marry this person, and as I knew would happen, it was a lousy marriage. They separated several times and even started divorce proceedings at least once. This whole mess finally ended when she passed away from cancer.

Take my word for it. If someone says or does nasty things related to you behind your back, they are not your friend, and you should not waste any time with them.