Westchester County , NY , Aspies stand up & sound off ! !!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Are You from Westchester County , NYS ? If so from ~
Somers 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Rye 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Harrison 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tuckahoe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Chappaqua ! !! !! !! !! !! 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Bedford (Hills/Heights) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
New Rochelle 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Peekskill 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mount Kisco 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Tarrytown 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dobbs Ferry 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sleepy Hollow 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Valhalla 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ossining (Presumably not Sing Sing ?) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
White Plains ! 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Millwood 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Money Earnin' Mount Vernon 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Croton-On-Hudson ! 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Yonkers ~ where true love conquers all , they say (Even the Boys ?) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Elsewhere 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 8

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2016, 1:28 pm

Not to be confused with any of the other Westchesters or West Chesters in the English-speaking world...If you come from the county of NYS that borders directly upon New York City to the north (Upon the Bronx , tee hee hee , which some there might not like ! :-0) , or did , or want to travel there (Better have a friend to stay with .) or jus' wanna throw the big W - Yo , my homies , REPRESENT ! !! !! !! !! !! :lol: Chill :P .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2016, 8:04 pm

...I put exclamation points next to the towns/cities in Westchester I lived in or have some special link to ~ This includes Mount Kisco , where my paprents are interred , Somers , where my brother lives now , and Rye...which (Still ???) has the Rye Playland amusement park...and is where great comic book artist & write Sheldon Mayer lived , and is , I guess , where he set his classic comic book :) SUGAR AND SPIKE :D !
I also put up places with well-known popular-culture products set there - New Rochelle (THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW) , Peekskill ( I THINK ~ where THE FACTS OF LIFE was set) and Tuckahoe (MAUDE) - and , though I have something of a grudge against my time in Yonkers , HELLO , DOLLY! :) was set there !
I ended up leaving out the , arguably , most famous as being " Westchester-y " place in W'Ctr , Scarsdale , out 8O !
I left the county seat , White Plains , in though .
Chappaqua , and I think Millwood , don't actually exist as legal towns - I BELIEVE that , together , they comprise the actual town of New Castle (Not to be confused with umpteen other Eng-spng world News , etc.) - which therefore I have not listed (Look , there were only 20 spaces .) - Chappaqua and Millwood I think may be " hamlets " at best , legal status-wise , or possibly " census-designated places " even below that .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2016, 9:02 pm

...Yonkers , if I didn't spell it out enough ~ has a bit of a reputation as being , as a town , a bit Mobbed-up .
According to moi ! :P
Anyhow , both Lorenz Hart and Ira Gershwin cared to rhyme it with " conquers " :wink: !
Chappaqua is what I consider my home town , as I lived in it from 6 to 18 - It is now , of course , where both of the Clintons live .
Therefore , any suggestion that I try to return to " my old home town " :( and try to get help there is made especially ridiculous - I AM SO SUURRE that the Secret Service agents will REALLY love me ! :P
When my parents lived there , there were fairly well-off , me and my brother's problems maybe hadn't manifested themselves (As much ???) , their marital - and alcohol -problems hadn't become so much , but they did indicate that they were stretching themselves to live there - and this was the 60s and 70s , before the whole " rich get REALLY richer " pile-up of the last 30 years . :|
Recently , while looking Chappaqua up in the NY Times , I saw a slightly older article indicating that , with the FHA apparently having court-ordered Westchester County in general to put up more low-income housing , Chappaqua was rather resisting putting up a lower-income famil;ies project .
Gee . What a surprise :P . Maybe they had valid reasons for the objection . :wink: