Curing Autism May not be as bad as you think

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 12:13 am

This all actually sounds MUCH worse than the normal idea of a cure. Or than having Autism to begin with.

As someone else pointed out, "losing inhibitions" often isnt exactly a positive thing. People see that as an effect of alcohol for instance. They think it's "helpful", makes them socialize better. All I see, with someone that's had that, is someone that acts like a rather slow-moving and uncoordinated moron. And this is supposed to be positive? And no, I dont want an explanation of it.

I'll keep my inhibitions, thanks.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 12:43 am

AJisHere wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Losing inhibition via drugs often means thinking you are more "normal" when the opposite is occuring

The people who've done this are using such minute doses that it doesn't really cause much loss of inhibition. Most accounts I've heard of this practice also include friends and family remarking on the improved social function of the practitioner. Obviously this is anecdotal, but it is worth nothing.

I guess it might work if you could keep the discipline. I would assume those of us on the spectrum with our repetitive behavior are more vulnerable to addiction. While plenty of people do not become addicted and remain casual users, all addicts thought they were one those people who could keep it casual.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 12:54 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I guess it might work if you could keep the discipline. I would assume those of us on the spectrum with our repetitive behavior are more vulnerable to addiction. While plenty of people do not become addicted and remain casual users, all addicts thought they were one those people who could keep it casual.

A fair point. I'm not sure there's much to go on, since most people using MDMA are doing so to get a high and this taking much larger doses. The whole thing is risky, this stuff was banned for a reason... but I do wish it were possible for more research to be done on it.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 7:03 am

I don't desire drugs and/or pharmaceuticals ...

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 12:55 pm

I wrote about this HERE

a cure, while beneficial may actually do nothing for adult autistic spectrum individual behaviors.

HOWEVER... I do not believe a cure is possible considering the differences in brain physiology as demonstrated by Hight Definition Fiber Tracking functional CT scans

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2016, 12:57 am

I'll pass. I'd rather celebrate my autism.