Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Krelliott4
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Oct 2016, 7:31 pm

Hi all

I was diagnosed with ADHD in sixth grade, I am now 28. I was diagnosed Bipolar in 2005. I think these two components help me be a very successful ABA Therapist. I recently became a Lead Therapist with my company and just received acceptance from Graduate school. Ill be working towards a MS in ABA with an Emphasis of Autism. I have plans to open my own company up or Self-Injurious and High Magnitude Behaviors. I think having that anxiety that comes from being Bipolar and knowing what it's like to cope with certain life situations, helps me help my clients and push my clients to places I know they can go. ALL my clients have shown IMMENSE progress.

I am so blessed to have found my calling and be working in a field and having a job that I truly undoubtedly LOVE.

Private Idaho
Toucan
Toucan

26 Oct 2016, 11:01 am

I imagine your experiences with depression and struggle helps in understanding what these children confront each day. You can only learn so much from books. Good luck in your career.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2016, 7:39 pm

Cool. What we need in the world are therapists with a strong background in bipolar disorder and autism. I have both, and believe me, I'm so far out of being helped by traditional therapists that I may as well had been from the moon.