Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 3:16 am

My hand-joints are all fairly loose. I can bend my thumb back like that. My fingers go far back if I just bend them normally, and almost paralell to the back of my hand if I bend them with the other hand. I can also "hook" the outer link of my fingers, my middle- and ring-fingers are especially flexible. I can clap my fingers to my palms, which it seems not everyone can.
I can also spread my toes, even lift things with them.
Other peculiarities include twitches, relatively long arms, and a narrow torso with the left side rib-cage apperently overlapping the other slightly.

When hunting mosquitos I always get flustered (shocked, perhaps) comments on being very quick. I move - and I quote - "Deadly fast", apperently. :? Maybe because I don't reach out my hands until I strike, I don't know.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

12 May 2007, 4:34 am

My ears are asymmetrical. They stick out on different angles.

They are also different heights at the top because the right one is bent over at the top.

sepia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 May 2007, 6:34 am

LostInSpace wrote:
Actually, I just wiki'ed it, and there's some cool info on it:

"It has a long association with disputed anthropological and ethnic interpretations. Morton called it Metatarsus atavicus, considering it an atavism recalling prehuman grasping toes. In statuary and shoe fitting it has been called the Greek foot (as opposed to the Egyptian foot, where the great toe is longer). It was an idealised form in Greek sculpture, and this persisted as an aesthetic standard through Roman and Renaissance periods and later (the Statue of Liberty has toes of this proportion). The French call it pied ancestral or pied de Néanderthal[1], believing it to be a sign of intelligence[citation needed]. Cleopatra was known to have this, and many consider this trait to be a sign of beauty. Podiatrist/archaeologist Phyllis Jackson has interpreted it as a characteristically Celtic toe, as opposed to a Saxon toe."

Sign of beauty and intelligence, eh? All right, in that case I can live with it.

Thanks for all the mortons' toe info - I had no idea. Actually I often pick stuff up with my toes, though I think that this is a habit I picked up from my mother who doesn't have mortons' toes. Does everyone else find that it makes comfortable shoes difficult?

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 10:31 am

I don't often buy new shoes, so I wouldn't notice.
Some say I have long ears. "Like elf-ears without the pointyness", apperently.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 12:50 pm

Very strong bones
My left eye is short sighted, but my right eye is long sighted.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 May 2007, 2:45 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I'm double-jointed.

MomofTom
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 5:36 pm

1. The ridges inside each ear is different than the other one.
2. Ridiculously small feet (American Size 2 to 4, depending on the brand). It's hard to find shoes that don't light up and don't have cartoon characters on them.

emcalcuadrado
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 May 2017, 8:01 am

Hey! and what is your foot size?

Starr wrote:
I've got very long toes.

emcalcuadrado
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 May 2017, 8:02 am

You got fingertoes! have you measured them? whats your size?

sepia wrote:
Starr wrote:
I've got very long toes.

oh yeah, i forgot about that one, me too. i got toes like fingers and my second toes are much longer than my big toes.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 11:12 am

The pulse in my wrist where doctors traditionally try to feel is very weak. Sometimes I've told them to feel it in my neck where it's much stronger, but strangely enough they seem to prefer doing it the "old-fashioned way".

I have had all kinds of problems with my ears. When I was a kid I must have gotten ear tubes put in every month until I was 9 years old. And when I was a teenager I had a really bad mastoid infection in my left ear and had to get overnight surgery at least twice. They doctors also said that my ear canals were not changing their shape like they're supposed to by the time you're an adult that makes them more resistant to infections.

When I've told people my shoe size is a 10, they're surprised and say they don't look that big. Maybe they're just well-proportioned because the rest of me is large as well? :)

And I'm left-handed. But that's more acceptable than it once was, at least in most developed countries. My parents are also both lefties. My brother is right-handed, so he's the odd one in our family. :)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 1:21 pm

I have noticeable gaps between my big toes and second toes. Useful for wearing flip flops and picking up garbage.

I have very large front teeth and an overbite. It used to be much worse but braces made it better.

I have very tiny veins. Doctors always have trouble drawing my blood.

I have amblyopia (lazy eye), astigmatism and one near sighted eye and one farsighted eye. It goes without saying that I'm pretty much blind without my glasses (and I need to use a small TV as a desktop computer monitor).

I'm only 26 but I already have gray hairs. (I got my first gray hair when I was 24)

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 5:51 pm

I have a third nipple and strabismus.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 6:19 pm

I can flare my nostrils individually, and can flap my ears individually, and retract my uvula on command.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 9:38 pm

My body is filled with deformities from a genetic bone disease I have. My toes are all twisted on top of one another, my legs are bowed and warped, there are like 50+ bone tumors throughout my body with large ones sticking out of both knees. I also have lots of scars from various surgeries.

My hair on my top of my head changes colour on its own from dark brown to dirty blonde to reddish brown while my beard is red.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 9:42 pm

my eyes are part brown, part OD green.

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 11:16 pm