Hillary Clinton and Precarious Manhood Theory

Page 5 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 12:10 pm

I don't think I would make an issue of it, if someone were competent, professional, impartial, and female. In real life, it is unnatural, and never lasts forever.

I generally find that women are cruel, or self-deprecating, to a fault.

Neurotic, with no happy medium.

The ones that are giving have no stops, and can be scary for that reason.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 12:22 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
...Authoritative, respectable people have to be reduced, in stature, in order to create a plausible place for her, demeaned to the level of a child. or, that's how the dynamic usually goes, imhblo....

So I'm hearing you say that men have to take on the role of child in relationships with authoratative women. That seems somewhat drastic. Is there no other role for a man to choose?

sly279 wrote:
Hugs
Hope you feel better

Thanks. Hugs.

friedmacguffins wrote:

That's too bad.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 12:29 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
...Authoritative, respectable people have to be reduced, in stature, in order to create a plausible place for her, demeaned to the level of a child. or, that's how the dynamic usually goes, imhblo....

androbot01 wrote:
So I'm hearing you say that men have to take on the role of child in relationships with authoratative women.

Yes.

androbot01 wrote:
That seems somewhat drastic.

I think so, too.

androbot01 wrote:
Is there no other role for a man to choose?

Who is choosing?

friedmacguffins wrote:

androbot01 wrote:
That's too bad.

If it's for me to choose, I could just tell them to do well.

But, that comes across as mollycoddling, to them.

We are generally allowed to be predator or prey (within social limits).

I mean, short of embarrassing the administration, outrightly, I feel that I must bully or be bullied.

Passivity is not respected, in practice.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 12:50 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
We are generally allowed to be predator or prey (within social limits).

I mean, short of embarrassing the administration, outrightly, I feel that I must bully or be bullied.

Passivity is not respected, in practice.

I think you are right. The workplace does generally pit people against each other. I think this is unfortunate - it reinforces the negative aspects of our psychology. If the work relationship with the woman as boss is one which includes bullying, I can see how one would react in keeping with one's experience; in this case, of woman as bossy mother.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 1:09 pm

I apologize for splitting hairs, as I don't mean to be trollish.

I would say that work itself does not pit people against eachother.

But, the workplace most certainly does keep people on their toes.

I started pondering this after asking a deadpan, literalist, AS question, to sleazy, smarmy, NT manager.

I was forced to complete the part of the job app, about what hours I would work, even though they were said to be flexible. You have a computer, generating the schedule, a large pool of people who say they want to work days, some saying they want to work nights, but shifts are rotating. Why.

To keep people on their toes, he said, glibly.

If I may speak metaphorically --
I believe that it is dialectics, which polarizers people, and see this as a sort of battery, which is drawn upon, for useful energy.

Most people cannot be prevailed upon to lift even one finger, without appealing to emotionality.

We are sold ideas, through sex, violence, shame, and vulgar pride.

The battle of the sexes and class warfare are appeals made to the most primitive parts of our brain -- to keep us on out toes.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 1:36 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
AspE wrote:
There was a buttload of sexism evident in Trump's campaign, if you don't think that's a big part of the Hillary hatred, you're delusional.

"If you disagree with my opinion you're delusional"

Are you sure you're not somebody's parodic sock account?

No, Mootoo was banned.

Good point.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 1:56 pm

Stop talking about banned members as I hope not to get this thread locked please.

friedmacguffins wrote:
I was forced to complete the part of the job app, about what hours I would work, even though they were said to be flexible. You have a computer, generating the schedule, a large pool of people who say they want to work days, some saying they want to work nights, but shifts are rotating. Why.

To keep people on their toes, he said, glibly.

What a horrible environment that must have been. I have worked under similar circumstances and I hope to avoid doing so in the future.

I'm not sure I see my topic as trying to keep people on their toes, so much as trying to understand. I can't know how being a man effects a person's thinking; that's why I'm asking.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 2:21 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
While there is possibly some truth to this, not every person disagrees with a politicians ideas because of their gender.
A lot of generals really believe she will start WWIII and don't want to be a part of it.

I believe she will start WWIII. I guess I bought my Stahlhelm just in time. Bring it on, Hillary! :roll:

That's why I'd choose Trump if I was American.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 2:24 pm

Quote:
I'm not sure I see my topic as trying to keep people on their toes

I am not accusing you of being divisive, just saying that it's in the best interests of authoritarians, to keep us at eachother's throats.

Willie Lynch essay, on 'the making of a slave':
http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish ... lave.shtml

Used to sell cigarettes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torches_of_Freedom

I don't feel that we're natural enemies.

I find that, in an unstructured workplace, motivated people will just find an opening, pick up the slack, and make themselves useful. There are jobs, with absentee managers.

There have been social experiments, where they try to eradicate traditional notions of gender, gender roles, etc, etc. Everyone comfortably reverts to their natural roles, without much ado, like the workers, who can find a useful niche, without being organized, under external authority.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 2:27 pm

I'm allergic to gender roles. I always have been and I always will be. Coo coo achoo!

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 2:33 pm

Then, you wouldn't be dominant, in a "Lord of the Flies" type-of situation, in which case, people just do what they have always done.

I am large, fit, physically-coordinated, not a sadist, but do know what I want.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 2:42 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
There have been social experiments, where they try to eradicate traditional notions of gender, gender roles, etc, etc. Everyone comfortably reverts to their natural roles, without much ado, like the workers, who can find a useful niche, without being organized, under external authority.

I hate being organized by authority.

Btw, I am not attempting to be divisive by drawing attention to the difference in gender roles and specifically of women in authority over men. I'm trying to do the opposite. Ignoring the differences is counter-productive because the issue continues unresolved.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 2:45 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Then, you wouldn't be dominant, in a "Lord of the Flies" type-of situation, in which case, people just do what they have always done.

I am large, fit, physically-coordinated, not a sadist, but do know what I want.

I was born and forcefully raised as a female. I got so sick of it, that I ate myself to the point that most people can't tell my gender. I've identified as male for almost 10 years. I also bought myself a few real and fake Stahlhelms so that people would stop calling me a lady. It works, too. Very few people call me a lady, now and I'm satisfied about that. I see myself as a man and I wish to be addressed as one, here on WP.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 2:57 pm

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/hoo ... 0415055941

I would tell the larger women, that they are probably not large, compared to me, and the masculine women, that they are usually not as butch as they think.

According to Conservapedia (doesn't hurt my feelings, to call it biased, light reading) homosexuality was unheard of, in primitive conditions, where there was no competition. It is a symptom of coercive force.

I personally consider feminism to be on that spectrum, in other words, arbitrarily assigning social status.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 3:04 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/hoodwinked/images/1/14/Hoodwinked-kirk-8714166-1920-1080.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110415055941

I would tell the larger women, that they are probably not large, compared to me, and the masculine women, that they are usually not as butch as they think.

According to Conservapedia (doesn't hurt my feelings, to call it biased, light reading) homosexuality was unheard of, in primitive conditions, where there was no competition. It is a symptom of coercive force.

I personally consider feminism to be on that spectrum, in other words, arbitrarily assigning social status.

I weigh 280 lbs and I look like a scaled down version of John Banner but with hair that's somewhat darker.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 3:16 pm

325lbs. I find that I can pick up a car, provided that the frame is made of welded metal, without sharp edges, although, sometimes, one corner will stay, bent, upward, off the ground. The ones in heavy lifting competitions are specially prepared for that.

I was allowed to submit video, for a certain, notorious, MMA qualification, and was told I was overqualified. It makes for a bad fight.

Much of it is genetic, I think. I mainly like to eat, spend alot of time on foot, laboring, and practicing primitive skills.

Maybe, you would find me relatable, in person. I don't consider you threatening.

Usually, lesbians will want to act bro-ish with me.

(Pardon the edits. Auto correct is changing words to something different. I think you get my meaning.)

But, what I would like to emphasize, here, is what if we are not in competition.

It makes the rancor seem unnecessary.