I want to go to Heaven to see God, but I'm having trouble

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 10:16 pm

I was raised Catholic. Once I die, I'll go to heaven for eternity, but the bible says that we will not marry, have sex, or produce offspring. That's it from there. I would not even be able to have a discussion with God about it once I get there. There will be no beautiful women or handsome men, we will be all the same and there will be no gender or material beauty. Every single top-level religious authorities that I have read reject my hopeful ideas of Heaven.

But I am a lonely virgin, not even have a lot of friends, and I think time is running out here on Earth, a major catastrophe, or I will soon be annihilated by a nuke or raptures away to Heaven without advance warning. I really wanted the chance to find true love with a very beautiful woman who is pretty much my imaginary dream girl. But I'm sad it won't happen because Jesus was supposed to say there will be no flesh desire in the new kingdom. I'm so dejected and depressed about the concept of what Heaven is. It also appears that we will even be wearing clothes 24/7. No erotic intimacy, even with a Godly partner, happens at all.

I am afraid of going to Heaven and not being able to reclaim a sexual and romantic relationship with the partner of my dreams. I need to feel better. That, and the fear of being annihilated or having my life taken away on Earth so young because of nuclear war or World War 3, or another apocalypse.

Please help, what should I do? I feel like I can't escape the pain and emotional turmoil. Am I the lone Christian/Catholic who feels this devastated?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 12:40 am

I notice you post a lot of "I'm in fear of ..." topics.

I remember you were in fear of "blue eye people disappearing", you were in fear of "white people becoming a minority" ... and several others ....now you fear "nuclear war/WWWIII" and "lack of enjoyable sex in heaven".

I wonder if it's your way of thinking that causes you to develop these fears.

Maybe introspection is the help you need.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 12:45 am

K_Kelly wrote:
I was raised Catholic. Once I die, I'll go to heaven for eternity, but the bible says that we will not marry, have sex, or produce offspring. That's it from there. I would not even be able to have a discussion with God about it once I get there. There will be no beautiful women or handsome men, we will be all the same and there will be no gender or material beauty. Every single top-level religious authorities that I have read reject my hopeful ideas of Heaven. But I am a lonely virgin, not even have a lot of friends, and I think time is running out here on Earth, a major catastrophe, or I will soon be annihilated by a nuke or raptures away to Heaven without advance warning. I really wanted the chance to find true love with a very beautiful woman who is pretty much my imaginary dream girl. But I'm sad it won't happen because Jesus was supposed to say there will be no flesh desire in the new kingdom. I'm so dejected and depressed about the concept of what Heaven is. It also appears that we will even be wearing clothes 24/7. No erotic intimacy, even with a Godly partner, happens at all. I am afraid of going to Heaven and not being able to reclaim a sexual and romantic relationship with the partner of my dreams. I need to feel better. That, and the fear of being annihilated or having my life taken away on Earth so young because of nuclear war or World War 3, or another apocalypse. Please help, what should I do? I feel like I can't escape the pain and emotional turmoil. Am I the lone Christian/Catholic who feels this devastated?

my friend, please do yourself a favor and read about different religions, as no one religion has a monopoly on the truth. also I recommend two books- "vistas of heaven" [jurgen ziewe] and "multidimensional man" by the same author.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 1:21 am

Nobody actually knows what heaven is like. I personally think it will be a paradise for everyone, so whatever is paradise to you (the soul part of you) will be your heaven. The Bible was written by humans, who cannot begin to comprehend God or infinity or what reality even is. So heaven will probably be whatever brings you joy.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

14 Nov 2016, 12:02 am

K_Kelly wrote:
I was raised Catholic. Once I die, I'll go to heaven for eternity, but the bible says that we will not marry, have sex, or produce offspring. That's it from there. I would not even be able to have a discussion with God about it once I get there. There will be no beautiful women or handsome men, we will be all the same and there will be no gender or material beauty. Every single top-level religious authorities that I have read reject my hopeful ideas of Heaven.

But I am a lonely virgin, not even have a lot of friends, and I think time is running out here on Earth, a major catastrophe, or I will soon be annihilated by a nuke or raptures away to Heaven without advance warning. I really wanted the chance to find true love with a very beautiful woman who is pretty much my imaginary dream girl. But I'm sad it won't happen because Jesus was supposed to say there will be no flesh desire in the new kingdom. I'm so dejected and depressed about the concept of what Heaven is. It also appears that we will even be wearing clothes 24/7. No erotic intimacy, even with a Godly partner, happens at all.

I am afraid of going to Heaven and not being able to reclaim a sexual and romantic relationship with the partner of my dreams. I need to feel better. That, and the fear of being annihilated or having my life taken away on Earth so young because of nuclear war or World War 3, or another apocalypse.

Please help, what should I do? I feel like I can't escape the pain and emotional turmoil. Am I the lone Christian/Catholic who feels this devastated?

I know you are not going to want to hear this, but what you are describing sounds like prison.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 8:20 am

I think the idea is that spiritual pleasure people experience in the afterlife will be far better than anything experienced on earth.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 4:46 pm

I like this book about Heaven. Like auntblabby said, no one religion has a monopoly on Heaven.

https://kindlescout.amazon.com/category/158581011

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 5:37 pm

About a decade ago the US TV network ABC did a special program on Heaven, and they asked religious leaders from all sorts of traditions and subtraditions to describe what they thought Heaven is like. The show is probably floating around Youtube somewhere. It was rather interesting.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 5:41 pm

@OP

I'd relax on one point - the idea of a permanent existence in a physical heaven under the mainstream understanding of Christianity or Islam is probably the least likely thing to happen.

As for falling in love - you're in your 20's, not getting on well with the opposite sex, and your hormones are putting you through hell. I think that's really what you want to focus on and come to terms with. That and, again, consider that if there's something hereafter you can pretty much bank on the likelihood that almost anyone whose told you anything about it has done your image of that concept a gross disservice.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 6:12 pm

Become a muslim. They get all kinds of virgins in heaven.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 9:12 pm

OP, I also recommend you read "you cannot die" by dr. Ian Stephenson.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 11:55 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about sex stuff. For me, Heaven means reunion with loved ones. That's good enough for me.

Cash__ wrote:
Become a muslim. They get all kinds of virgins in heaven.

This is true as well ^^

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 9:50 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
...but the bible says that we will not marry, have sex, or produce offspring. There will be no beautiful women...

...Jesus was supposed to say there will be no flesh desire in the new kingdom. ... It also appears that we will even be wearing clothes 24/7. No erotic intimacy, even with a Godly partner, happens at all.

...not being able to reclaim a sexual and romantic relationship with the partner of my dreams.

It is my understanding that we will not have bodies in Heaven----that only our souls, will ascend----so, if that's true, having sex and wearing clothes, 24/7, is out.

I don't know how you can "reclaim" something that you never had.

I'm thinking that you're thinking of Heaven in regard to what you want, here, on earth----and, Jesus promised us that we would want for NOTHING, in Heaven.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 9:58 pm

many books have been written by astral travelers saying sex is a real thing in heaven, along with any other earthly thing one could imagine. but there are countless levels to heaven and the higher levels are more likely to be unearthly.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 10:05 pm

Well that idea of heaven is just wrong, it's the result of certain things in the bible being interpreted in the context of Neo-platonic philosophy, but the bible was never supposed to be interpreted in such a manner. Basically the neo-platonic idea is the spiritual is more pure than the physical and it all emanates from God, so that idea of heaven is made to match that idea. Because of the writings of St. Augustine Catholic dogma is as much biased on Neo-platonism as it is on actual Christianity.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2016, 12:53 pm

K_Kelly wrote:

I am a physicist and a Catholic so occasionally I do face perplexing issues in my faith. But I do think the Christianity is the one true religion, for a variety of different reasons.

1) Jesus Christ is the only person in the history of humanity to have ever declared himself to be the son of God, rather than a mere Prophet. Even former atheist Anthony Flew admitted that the resurrection is perhaps, the most documented historical miracle in world history.

2) Catholic Miracles. My personal favorite is Beauraing and Kibeho, not to mention classic examples like Fatima and Lourdes.

"Don't forget to floss." - Darkwing Duck