Page 1 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 4:14 pm

Now that Trump will be OUR PRESIDENT to Make America Great Again!, this thread is for all of those fabulous things that I just know Trump will do! Any unfabulous things may be added too - but I definitely know those will be few! (Hey! That rhymed!) :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 4:18 pm

To start, here are some things that Trump can change with his Presidential powers -

Yes, Trump will have broad power to crack down on immigration. http://tiny.iavian.net/dkwq

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 4:39 pm

Hopefully he'll have the power to stop the White House from burning to the ground.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 4:58 pm

I'm not worried, I'm sure the White House is equipped with a smoke detector. And Future President Trump doesn't smoke. :mrgreen:

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 9:19 pm

Trump starts positive negotiations with Russia on how to get rid of ISIS.

Trump and Putin vow to tackle ISIS together as they hold breakthrough talks after billionaire's election - Mirror Online. http://tiny.iavian.net/dlfq

Darn, I flunked.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 10:31 pm

I would look forward to the abolition of the federal Department of Education, but I fear the tentacles of that parasitic organism have grown too far into the body of the country to be easily removed.

There Are Four Lights!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 3:33 am

Darmok wrote:
I would look forward to the abolition of the federal Department of Education, but I fear the tentacles of that parasitic organism have grown too far into the body of the country to be easily removed.

Why get rid of it? Without it, there are those schools in less than progressive states that would begin teaching that the Civil War was about states rights, would throw out evolution in favor of a simplistically literal interpretation of the Genesis account, would teach religion in school - a fundamentalist Baptist type taught at the expense of all others, etc. The Department of Education isn't perfect, but they might as well be compared to the sheer ignorance that could sprout up if education is left to the local level.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 4:23 am

Hey Nurseangela you come from Kansas, which I understand is a very red state. How do people in your community feel about Trump and why do some of them imagine vote for him?

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Nov 2016, 7:29 am

[Mod]

Had to remove a couple of posts, one of which contained some good points but also lots of broad attacks.

Please try and keep your criticism of opposing political groups impersonal. Do not say "Trump supporters are traitors" or "Clinton supporters are Nazis".

It's fine to strongly criticise political figures but also please try to keep your criticisms within the realm of sanity.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 9:03 am

Sanctuary cities to not receive Federal funding.

Boston Vows To Fight Back Against Trump’s Immigration Plan. http://tiny.iavian.net/dlqx

From the article :

Trump also vows to move against sanctuary cities financially, places where authorities will not detain undocumented people for the immigration service without criminal warrants. “We will cancel all federal funding to sanctuary cities,” Trump threatens.

Darn, I flunked.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 9:03 am

I'm not expecting any dramatically different changes anytime soon. President candidate vows usually get watered down and delayed from what I've read.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

15 Nov 2016, 9:05 am

nurseangela wrote:

Boston Vows To Fight Back Against Trump’s Immigration Plan. http://tiny.iavian.net/dlqx

From the article :

Trump also vows to move against sanctuary cities financially, places where authorities will not detain undocumented people for the immigration service without criminal warrants. “We will cancel all federal funding to sanctuary cities,” Trump threatens.

can't happen soon enough!

now it will be Trump's turn to sue these places which disobey federal immigration law rather than the Obama administration which sued states and municipalities for following it

they all feed from the federal feeding trough, they will bend the knee

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 9:11 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Why get rid of it? Without it, there are those schools in less than progressive states that would begin teaching that the Civil War was about states rights, would throw out evolution in favor of a simplistically literal interpretation of the Genesis account, would teach religion in school - a fundamentalist Baptist type taught at the expense of all others, etc. The Department of Education isn't perfect, but they might as well be compared to the sheer ignorance that could sprout up if education is left to the local level.

not what the department of education does

it should be put into the ash heap of history, education has only gotten worse with federal involvement

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 9:16 am

Jacoby wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

From the article :

can't happen soon enough!

now it will be Trump's turn to sue these places which disobey federal immigration law rather than the Obama administration which sued states and municipalities for following it

they all feed from the federal feeding trough, they will bend the knee

So far, Chicago and California are refusing to follow any new laws Trump will put into affect.

Darn, I flunked.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 9:24 am

they won't have a choice unless they want to sacrifice federal funding

them puffing out their chests is just a ploy to try to poison the well on immigration reform before Trump takes office.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 10:31 am

I think Trump deserves the same level of support and cooperation Obama received from Republicans. I'll personally show the same respect towards him as Nurse Angela did towards Obama,