Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

mikie1025
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Nov 2016, 6:21 pm

whats your opinion on dentists using papoose boards for kids or special needs at the dentist there even used on adults too in some states how are papoose boards still allowed i mean they may help but they can make a person very scared of the dentist and not want too go i think sedation is better what theirs risks with that so sometime a papoose board may be the only option if you ever seen a papoose board at the dentist you know there very snug and they strap you down tight you cant move papoose boards are scary but sometimes the option so if you or your kids ever been strapped down on a papoose share your story

hellhole
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Nov 2016, 10:01 pm

Never been strapped to a one (can't recall a time anyway). To answer your question, I think they can be useful for kids, but without the use of a head restraint, that's just unnecessary. Use on adults? Not in favor of that though, although I'm sure there are some cases where it may be of use.

"vulnerable narcissistic defenses w/ mild borderline traits"; Body Dysmorphic Disorder, (self-diagnosed).

Our internal representation of reality: (http://bit.ly/2BJuj5o)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2016, 10:42 pm

Never seen one. Looks like something for infants, not older kids. I've always been sedated for the dentist.