Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 7:34 pm

Misslizard wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
/\True that some people let their kids run wild and don't teach them manners.But a cure for mental illness ??
Some of my relatives thought I was a brat and needed a good whupping.But they didn't get what a meltdown was.Since I was verbal as a child,I went undiagnosed till adulthood, so they assumed I was acting out.A spanking wouldn't have cured anything.I wonder how many of us older ones got a beat down in childhood becuse unknowing people just though we were having a spoiled brat temper tantrum.
I just hope that parents and therapists don't listen to this evil SOB.
I wonder why no Trumpateers have posted defending Bannon on this?Maybe buyer's remorse?

You know it's possible to like a president but not agree with everything he does right?

Sure,I certainly didn't like some things Obomber did.But this should really worry people with special needs kids.What if funding for their health care is taken away becuse an idiot thinks spanking cures a valid mental illness?
You should worry,becuse if Bannon believes this load of crap he may decide to cut the mentally ill or special needs off disability.Would you still like him then?Do you think a spanking would have cured you of Autism??
Anyway,he's filling his cabinet with career politicians and the ultra wealthy.So you won't be getting any change,they will behave like typical politicians,lie and put themselves first.

I know you wanted change,don't blame you.So did I,Bernie.

So are you guilty for all the. Ad things obama or his lackies did?
Or am I responsible for things trump or his lackies do.

I am worried but nothing I can do, still way better off then with Hilary or Bernie would been.
Were get a pro constitution judge on the court, perhaps universal concealed carry just like driver licenses, remove of the NFA or at least removal of silencers and Sbrs from it.
The bill of rights will be saved for another 10-20 years. Protected from the democrats plans to gut our freedoms.

Trump is probably securing republican support. They control the congress, unless he wants to be like obama and not get anything done then he'll need republican support. Plus democrats refuse to help him, so why would he select s democrat?

It was to be expected, he wasn't going just a point random non politicians, the people for those jobs have to have security clearances and experience. He could t appoint his friends or family that's illegal and they'd not have the clearances anyways.

So given he's limited to politicians and democrats refuse to aid Him, is it any suprise he picks republicans

I dont know who bannaon is, nor do Igf, I probably wouldn't like him. I also don't know 99% of obama as staff besides the doj. They'll do what trump says, so until he comes in office we don't know, so everyone should calm down, when he gets in office and if he starts doj f horrible s**t then we'll talk. Until then I not gong listen to liberals lies and propaganda. They just can't accept they lost. It's pitiful

Brannon is Trumps advisor and strategist.
I didn't say you were guilty of anything,you voted your conscience.I voted mine.Of course neither of us are responsible for what a politician does,but we should speak out if we think something is wrong.
I accept we lost,can't speak for others.
The man did say this,so it's not propaganda or a lie.

If or when he tries to do something, not says something or said something years ago, but actually tries to do something that's bad. I'll speak out here.
Every time I freaked out or spoke out about obama was cause he was trying to or doing stuff. People are freaking out and trump still has 2 months before he's in office. We have no freaking idea what he'll do. He may very well do nothing and just keep doing the same that's been done for the last 30 years.

The democrat party and its media lackies won't accept it, I suspect the riots and twisting of every word trump or any of his lackies said will go on for the the next 4 years constantly. Makes me sick.

The left has a habit of taking stuff out of context and then implying a new context. So forgive me but I don't believe anything the left media says.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 9:57 pm

Misslizard wrote:
/\ I'm talking about a diagnosed mental illness being cured by a spanking.Doesn't matter if it's a light tap on the ass or a belt.It's not a medication so has no benefits.For kids with sensory issues it would just trigger more meltdowns.

Yes, but is that (diagnosed mental illnesses) what everyone's talking about?
I wouldn't have dared to have a meltdown around my old man. I did one time at the mall when I was about 5 and he hauled my ass out the nearest side exit to a cold nearly pitch dark alley and left me there until I "knock it off".

Quote:
As for spanking,I guess you forgot that I did spank my kids.It depends on the kids,some kids will do timeout in a corner,or extra chores.This isn't about a kid being an obnoxious brat,but one with a real illness.Do you think you can just spank the schizophrenia out of a child?

If The Troll were alive today he'd call you a "child beater" and show you his "beating maps" that corelate "beating states" with conservativeism. Remember that?

Quote:
No I won't give dumb people credit.During the ice storm here the hospitals were filled with people who thought it was a good idea to run a gas generator in the living room.Maybe you underestimate the stupidity of the masses,but I don't.I am surprised at you Skippy.It's what caused the nanny state that you abhor.People that don't have sense enough to not text and drive,leave a dog or child in a hot car,drive drunk,people that watch Keeping up with the Kardashians.

I never said we weren't without stupid people, but that they aren't the majority and I abhor being treated the same as the lowest common denominator.

Quote:
Now lil' Skippy,I know you don't want to really beat us.You would rather we attend one of those special "health" camps.

Health camps??? Oh, you mean Political Rehabilitation Centers! :D

Skippy

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 11:09 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:
One time My old man gave it to me and my brother across the backs of our bare legs with a length of air compressor hose (the infamous rubber hose treatment). F-ck, that hurt!

Well I guess that's proof that spanking doesn't work.You're still naughty. :D Jeez'what did you guys do to deserve that?

I've always been incorrigible :P
That time the old man had been cleaning out the garage and had boxes of old junk to throw out on the floor along the wall. My little brother and I came into the garage and my brother did some little thing (I forgot what) that pissed the old man of and it usually didn't take much. I was 8 and he was 5 and we were both wearing shorts. There was about a 2-3 ft section of air compressor hose sticking out of one of those boxes of junk and the old man snached it out and whopped my brother across the backs of his bare legs. He started doing what looked like a rain dance and shaking his hands the same as when you wash your hands but dont have anything to dry them with. He had a eerily shocked expression on his face but it seemed like it took a long time for him to start wailing but the wailing did finally come.

I actually laughed but it was out of shock and horror and I didn't know how else to express it then. I'd seen some crazy s**t by the time I was 8 (and plenty more later :roll: ) but this really took the f-cking cake. To the old man it was still laughter so he gave me a good hard one across the back of my legs with that air hose. That's when I found out what drove my brother's little "rain dance". Staring at the point of impact I experienced a shockwave of the most awful pain that went in both directions, up though my body and down to my feet. The dancing and hand shaking was because it actually felt like the pain was exiting out through my fingers and toes and I felt like I needed to get it the hell out of me any way I could and quickly before it killed me. When i was halfway into my rain dance my brothers was about at an end and we both were bawling. It hurt too damn much to bawl in that critical moment when we were literally trying to shake the pain out of our bodies. The old man laughed so hard that he had to lean against the garage wall to keep from toppling over.
I remember that "rain dance" like it was last month.

BTW: This isn't a heart-pouring boo hoo story. It wasn't the least little bit funny at the time (to put it mildly) but it is rather comical in more recent years and I've told this story IRL often enough when it's been childhood horror story telling time. It has to be told so that it is knee slapping funny to the audience to avoid an air of apathy and it has to be the right audience.

That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.
- Friedrich Nietzsche

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 11:25 pm

that which doesn't kill us only weakens us, for the most part.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 12:32 am

^ Have you always been like this?

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 2:44 am

Raptor wrote:

Your old man sounds a lot like my mother, although she had an excuse: an abusive, alcoholic father who saw action (or so the story goes on that side of the family) in WWII (specifically D-Day). She, for all practical purposes, was an unwanted child by both parents.

Not to be a smartass, but what was your father's excuse?

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 2:55 am

auntblabby wrote:

Raptor wrote:
^Have you always been like this?

I can't speak foe auntblabby, but, yes, I always was. Within the church I grew up in, the prevailing attitude to raising children was you need to break them like you break a wild horse: with extreme cruelty, so they become 100% compliant to your will, as well as the will of a very jealous, cruel God.

And you wonder why I never dated, married or have children...

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 12:27 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Your old man sounds a lot like my mother, although she had an excuse: an abusive, alcoholic father who saw action (or so the story goes on that side of the family) in WWII (specifically D-Day). She, for all practical purposes, was an unwanted child by both parents.

Not to be a smartass, but what was your father's excuse?

In a nutshell, he was a simply a nut. The rubber hose thingy was only the tip of the iceberg and comparatively insignificant. I have no issues with corporal punishment being doled out as needed (<note the underlined) and by that i mean anything from a an open hand to a leather belt and even the fist for older kids as the situation warrants (< another underlined thing).
I do have an issues with said corporal punishment being dealt out without reason, in lieu of reason, or just for the fun of it.
I do have issues with cold indifference in parents.
I do have issues with moving on average of less than one year between moves, be it across town or across the country for no other reason than just because the old man wanted to (gets back to him being a nut). I think the most we ever stayed in one house was 4 years but that long stay was paid for with much shorter stays in other houses. It ain't good for kids, especially ones with developmental disorders, to be uprooted all the time like that.

The thing is that I knew kids that had it worse....

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 1:04 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Raptor wrote:

I can't speak fore auntblabby,

I wasn't trolling but just wondering why that person is always under a dark cloud.

Quote:
but, yes, I always was. Within the church I grew up in, the prevailing attitude to raising children was you need to break them like you break a wild horse: with extreme cruelty, so they become 100% compliant to your will, as well as the will of a very jealous, cruel God.

We were Methodist (Nazarene for a while) but for the most part they didn't seen to dote on discipline although it was encouraged here and there. The more elderly members seem to talk about it the most but the way they've lived to see things turn to s**t I can see why.

I don't necessarily believe that God is cruel or jealous. The scriptures were written by men with preordained notions and probably personal agendas to satisfy as well . I do not think the bible is BS but that the written word needs to be thought through some before applying it to our lives. Only God knows the true nature of God and we can only hypothesize.

Quote:

No, I wasn't wondering. In fact I didnt know. Not all of us put that much personal information on the internet.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 2:09 pm

I sure do miss AP.The King of the Trolls.He might be spot on the spanking.The relative that whupped up on me was a staunch Repub,voted a straight ticket everytime.I guess it backfired and they spanked the republican right out of me.lol My daughter and I are the only ones in the family that don't vote that way.I was told my folks would be rolling in their graves if they knew I voted democrat.

I'm talking about spanking a child to cure a diagnosed mental illness or disability,not about paddling an unruly one.
You can't slap the Tourette's out of a child.

Not sure if I agree with Neitszche on that.It would depend on the temperament of the person.Knock me down and I'll just get angry and rise up.Not everyone has the same disposition.There are lions and there are lambs.I'd prefer that the lambs got to remain lambs.

That has nothing to do with the fact I enjoy leg of lamb with rosemary. :D

marcb0t
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 2:22 pm

marshall wrote:
I would love to beat the everloving s**t out of Bannon. Curb stomp his f*****g ass.

Then you are no better than him.

There is some need of discipline in the life of every child.

Even autistic children will at some point need some hands on discipline from a loving parent. Within reason, of course.

But I understand that it can be frustrating to hear such over generalizations from Michael Savage and so forth.

99% is a very extreme and opinionated statistic that is likely made up off the top of his head.

I do think however, that there are many children who are diagnosed with ADHD, Aspergers, or my favorite Opposition Defiance Disorder, when all they may really need is a good spanking. Or perhaps the unplugging of the TV, and actually getting involved in the life of their child, to find out their special learning needs and personality.

A parent ought to be the best diagnoser of what's best for their child. But many parents neglect their children. Other parents go the other extreme and physically and emotionally abuses their kids. There needs to be a reasonable balance, which comes from a parents self sacrifice and actual caring of their children.

marcb0t
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 2:28 pm

Raptor wrote:
Only God knows the true nature of God and we can only hypothesize.

You are only half correct.

God DOES know the true nature of God.

But we CAN do more than hypothesize. We can go before God in prayer, and find out straight from the source Himself.

The author of a book is the best reliable interpreter for their own work. If the Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit, then He would be the one to ask for guidance on His words and how to properly apply them.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 2:38 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Not sure if I agree with Neitszche on that.It would depend on the temperament of the person.Knock me down and I'll just get angry and rise up.Not everyone has the same disposition.There are lions and there are lambs.I'd prefer that the lambs got to remain lambs.

Lambs can be lambs if they want to but they need to realise that they will be food for the coyotes and wolves. I saw at a young age what happens to human lambs (kids that are too "different" and weak) at the hands of coyotes and wolves (bullies) so I pretty much destined myself then not to be a lamb.

Although I'm not a jarhead, I've always been fond of the USMC "improvise, adapt, and overcome" motto and apply it to myself.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 3:06 pm

Raptor wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Raptor wrote:

I can't speak fore auntblabby,

I wasn't trolling but just wondering why that person is always under a dark cloud.

Quote:
but, yes, I always was. Within the church I grew up in, the prevailing attitude to raising children was you need to break them like you break a wild horse: with extreme cruelty, so they become 100% compliant to your will, as well as the will of a very jealous, cruel God.

We were Methodist (Nazarene for a while) but for the most part they didn't seen to dote on discipline although it was encouraged here and there. The more elderly members seem to talk about it the most but the way they've lived to see things turn to s**t I can see why.

I don't necessarily believe that God is cruel or jealous. The scriptures were written by men with preordained notions and probably personal agendas to satisfy as well . I do not think the bible is BS but that the written word needs to be thought through some before applying it to our lives. Only God knows the true nature of God and we can only hypothesize.

The church I grew up in taught the worst tenets of 5 point Calvinism (especially salvation is for the elect.), as well as Arminianism (you can lose your salvation as fast as you gained it.

Quote:

No, I wasn't wondering. In fact I didnt know. Not all of us put that much personal information on the internet.[/quote]

I alluded to that in other posts. Like mom, I have a short fuse. I'd probably be on death row by now if I were married and had kids.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 3:12 pm

My mother spanked me once when I was about 7 years old. She was frustrated; I was bratty. It was an awkward moment for both of us. After that we just talked things out.

My Dad spanked me once out of anger. He probably would have done so again had my parents not split up and we ended up living in distant cities.

I have a bad temper; from my Dad's side. His father (my grandfather) used to hit and kick him. One of the reasons I have not had children is because I know I have a bad (occasionally violent) temper. I just get this rage sometimes; and this is not appropriate when dealing with others, especially children.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 3:54 pm

Raptor wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Lambs can be lambs if they want to but they need to realise that they will be food for the coyotes and wolves. I saw at a young age what happens to human lambs (kids that are too "different" and weak) at the hands of coyotes and wolves (bullies) so I pretty much destined myself then not to be a lamb.

Although I'm not a jarhead, I've always been fond of the USMC "improvise, adapt, and overcome" motto and apply it to myself.

That's why there are Shepherds and Great Pyrennes. :D To protect the lambs.A. soldier protects his country,so those of us who are stronger should defend those who can't do it for themselves.Some folks just don't have a mean streak in them.I know I do,and it has helped me to survive.And that same mean streak makes me want to take up for those who are unable to do so for themselves.