Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 12:49 pm

Black Pigeon again.

White piggu go home.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Dec 2016, 2:03 pm

I watched the video. It was the first I've heard of this Black Pigeon video. It was very biased and frankly racist, I won't be watching any more of his content.

The main problem is his open love of racism. He is praising Japan for being racist. That's just ridiculous.

And then he suggests that trying to fight racism is somehow "hatred of white people"?

Frankly, it is a strength of the west that we try to fight racism. We shouldn't let these people force us to be ashamed of who we are. Maybe one day Japan and Hong Kong and South Korea will catch up with us.

I'm also interested by the statistics - he claims that Hong Kong is homogenous, but is surely also complaining that Britain isn't white enough for him. Hong Kong is 92% Chinese. Britain is 87% white. That's only one person in 20 different.

He also seems to imply that Hong Kong is wealthy because it is homogenous. There are plenty of homogenous places which are not wealthy. I would suggest that Hong Kong's ultra-capitalist policies are what has made it so rich. It is economically comparable to Singapore, which is 74% Chinese, 13% Malay, 9% Indian, and then assorted others.

What do native populations gain from "surrendering demographic control", besides food, music, awareness of other cultures, and smugness? I'll throw in sport and indeed culture generally as things that Mr Black takes for granted, and I'll also disregard any sense of altruism.

1) A larger workforce with more skilled people in it
2) A thriving economy
3) Protection against uncertainty. Diverse groups (and I mean that in a general sense, not just talking about human nations but also animals or anything operating under selection) are more likely to survive bottlenecks. When it comes to rich countries, it's probably less about survival and more about thriving. Having a range of people with different skills, backgrounds, social habits, and cuisines provides protection against disaster, a certain antifragile quality.

He says it's not about demonising, but frankly that's exactly what he does when he claims that striving for racial justice is a sign of weakness rather than moral fortitude.

I would suggest that a big component of the Western attempts at racial justice come from our chequered history of colonialism (primarily in Europe) and slavery along racial lines (primarily in the US). The US has a significant black minority due to slavery, and that minority has fought hard for its rights and that meme has spread to other countries depending on their cultural distance from the US (believe similar things also happened semi-independently in some European countries, particularly in the Desai populations of Britain). Probably won't be too long before racism becomes a button issue in countries that have exposure to Western media.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 2:17 pm

There's a lot of trash in that comments section. People going to the other end of the extreme.

The middle ground should be where the answer lies. Plucking rough diamonds from impoverished nations and letting them shine for you, identifying gaps and weaknesses in your country that can be filled from outside of it, only if the native population is not up to scratch. Being able to meet your lover from another culture and bring them home and have them treated the same as you and the children you produce the same as you. Pigeon asked the question about what good is it besides ethnic food and such, and the NHS is a good example, there's a high concentration of foreign staff working there, without them it would be on it's knees. But just bringing in large numbers with little or no standards for who is brought in is a recipe for a total disaster. That tells those people right off that nothing is expected of them, so don't be surprised when they give you nothing and only take from you. If we behave like cash machines people will treat us like cash machines, and then hit that machine when it stops dispensing money.

The whole white guilt thing pisses me off so much. If it was another race I'd probably laugh at them and think they deserved all they were getting, not strongly, but on some level deep down. Like the proverbial turkey voting for Christmas. It's not something I feel good about admitting, but it's there. Does anyone else feel it? I sometimes feel that way when I see the latest madness coming out of Germany or Sweden. Especially Sweden. So imagine how those other races must look at us. Pathetic. Weak. Irrational. Disunited. Over-emotional. Easilly manipulated. Easily dominated. Prideless. Gutless. Victims. Asking for it. Getting it. Deserving every bit of it.

Last edited by Drake on 16 Dec 2016, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 2:17 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
He also seems to imply that Hong Kong is wealthy because it is homogenous.

Unless I misunderstood, I think he's saying you don't need to be diverse to be wealthy, a counter to the economic pro-immigration argument.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 2:35 pm

I've always found the Japanese attitude hard to argue against on a logical level. Seriously, why does anyone deserve to come to their country and be treated as an equal? What can they offer Japan that a native Japanese couldn't offer Japan? On the other hand when Japanese leave Japan, they overwhelmingly seem to enrich their new country. Can the same be said for non-Japanese coming to Japan?

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Dec 2016, 2:54 pm

Mikah wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
He also seems to imply that Hong Kong is wealthy because it is homogenous.

Unless I misunderstood, I think he's saying you don't need to be diverse to be wealthy, a counter to the economic pro-immigration argument.

Sure, but might it help?

Personally I think that if you want a high GDP, ultra-capitalism is the way to go - and that generally means letting in lots of immigrants where you have skills gaps. The other things that helps is being a microstate, of course, with everything nice and concentrated and foreign investment more than balancing out the poorest few.

It's hard to draw conclusions based on single data points. It would be slightly easier if you compared the economic fortunes of countries after they changed their immigration policies.

Drake wrote:
The whole white guilt thing pisses me off so much. If it was another race I'd probably laugh at them and think they deserved all they were getting, not strongly, but on some level deep down. Like the proverbial turkey voting for Christmas. It's not something I feel good about admitting, but it's there. Does anyone else feel it? I sometimes feel that way when I see the latest madness coming out of Germany or Sweden. Especially Sweden. So imagine how those other races must look at us. Pathetic. Weak. Irrational. Disunited. Over-emotional. Easilly manipulated. Easily dominated. Prideless. Gutless. Victims. Asking for it. Getting it. Deserving every bit of it.

Could you maybe be a bit more specific about what you mean when you talk about white guilt? What constitutes white guilt and what could you give as examples of the "latest madness" from Germany or Sweden?

The choice of Sweden is particularly interesting. That is a country which is even more homogeneous than Hong Kong. As of 2015, 90-93% of the population are ethnic Swedes with another 1.5-4.5% being ethnic Finns (depending on how you classify someone as Swedish or Finnish - the total is 94.5% either way). That leaves 5.5% from other countries. The largest group is Iraqis and then Syrians, with Iranians, Somalians, and Turks making up the numbers along with other white countries. This is based on nationality rather than ethnicity so the numbers aren't great. So despite all the fuss and bother about recent asylum seekers, they're pretty close to the alt-right "ideal" of East Asia.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 3:14 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Sure, but might it help?

Likely, but not in an equal fashion I fear and certainly not in a way that would make the migrants welcomed. There was a study from a few years back that showed that immigration on these scales did indeed increase GDP overall. It was either the same study or a similar one that showed while that was true, GDP per capita went down. So it's swings and roundabouts...

The_Walrus wrote:
Personally I think that if you want a high GDP

It's nice, but there are more important things in my opinion. I think if I had to choose between a lower GDP and a Bosnia style ethnic war, I would pick the former.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Dec 2016, 3:21 pm

Mikah wrote:

It's nice, but there are more important things in my opinion. I think if I had to choose between a lower GDP and a Bosnia style ethnic war, I would pick the former.

Well yes obviously, but that's... not the choice?

Don't think there's any sign of anything remotely approaching Bosnia happening in this country.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 3:27 pm

White guilt might not have been the best choice of words for this particular thread, though it certainly plays a role. I'm thinking about where the needs of the native population are pushed aside for the needs of outsiders. Like this migrant influx, it happened because the powers that be made it happen, not because the people wanted it to happen. Not because it would benefit the country and its people to do so.

I saw a video on this recently, though the news is actually not recent, I thought it was:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 10311.html

Could you imagine a similar cover up in reverse? Could you imagine another country with a non-white majority doing this in reverse? This is political, if this was a good thing for Sweden it would have been in place long ago. Instead it's being implemented now to cover up the extent of the disaster the migrant influx has been for Sweden.

You're looking at where countries are now, not where they're heading. Those minorities are going to become significantly less of a minority. The minorities are also often concentrated in areas rather than spread around the country.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 3:32 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Well yes obviously, but that's... not the choice?

Don't think there's any sign of anything remotely approaching Bosnia happening in this country.

We may be closer than you think, ordinarily the demographics would have to be much more skewed for that kind of conflict, but with the internet helping spread insurgent propaganda into every home and a liberal elite obsessed with putting minorities in prominent positions, thus making their influence and power seem much greater than it actually is... it might be one of those perfect storms again.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 3:39 pm

Here we go:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/727 ... ence-crime

Sweden is a mess, that's what the "small %" is doing to the country.

I wonder if the police would be resigning in such numbers if they weren't having their hands tied by political BS.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 3:43 pm

Drake wrote:
I've always found the Japanese attitude hard to argue against on a logical level. Seriously, why does anyone deserve to come to their country and be treated as an equal? What can they offer Japan that a native Japanese couldn't offer Japan? On the other hand when Japanese leave Japan, they overwhelmingly seem to enrich their new country. Can the same be said for non-Japanese coming to Japan?

From what I understand there is a big problem with depression and being suicidal among young adults in japan like almost to the degree of an epidemic....perhaps there are a few problems with the over all Japanese attitude.

I mean there have been efforts to adress the problem such as:

but this is probably one of the saddest advertisements I've ever seen.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 3:51 pm

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/727 ... 1481078434

Imagine it was you on the wrong end of that.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 3:59 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Drake wrote:

From what I understand there is a big problem with depression and being suicidal among young adults in japan like almost to the degree of an epidemic....perhaps there are a few problems with the over all Japanese attitude.

I mean there have been efforts to adress the problem such as:

but this is probably one of the saddest advertisements I've ever seen.

Japan is certainly not perfect. My guess on the suicides is Japan has very high, exacting standards and people struggle and crumble under the pressure and difficulty of meeting those standards.

The next problem that comes to mind for me is Japanese seem to have trouble dealing with problems. It's hard to describe and I don't understand it properly, but they seem to struggle to deal with certain things head on and want to ignore things. It's hard to describe it when you look at the difficulties Japan has overcome and conquered. Such shrugging off Earthquakes that would flatten Western cities.

The video won't play right for me. It plays very slowly with no sound.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 4:33 pm

I got that video to work. Weird problems on my end. There is an English translated version of it:

I didn't really get it in Japanese, I understood it had something to do with loneliness, but it really got to me much more than I thought it would in English. Loneliness is a slow acting but ultimately lethal poison.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Dec 2016, 5:23 pm

Unfortunately I can't find any reliable sources talking about the scale of the problem in Sweden. I don't think it's worth getting upset about biased reports from far-right sources like the Daily Express and Breitbart. If there was substance to them then credible organisations would be reporting them. Just for context, the Express's top story at the moment is someone frothing at the mouth about an inclusive Christmas play... I'm not saying that it can't be true because the Express and Breitbart say it, I'm saying that their claims alone aren't enough to convince me that their presentation is a true and fair analysis. Certainly the "no go zones" meme is one that conservative Americans have had to retract several times when they've actually been to the no go zones in question and found that they're nicer than American ghettos.