Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 6:15 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38432862

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 6:18 pm

Just when I thought 2016 couldn't get any worse...

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 6:21 pm

No. Freaking. Way.

Wow, this year.....

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

25 Dec 2016, 6:37 pm

Really wondering what the cause of death was, only information is that he died peacefully at his home and that it was not suspicious. Poor guy, only 53. RIP

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 6:43 pm

My favourite music artist, ever.

I listen to his stuff all the time.

I really can't believe it. :cry:

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 6:47 pm

Oh smudge, you must be feeling VERY hard-hit by this, in that case. My goodness.

So very sad.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 6:55 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
Oh smudge, you must be feeling VERY hard-hit by this, in that case. My goodness.

So very sad.

Thank you BirdInFlight. It hasn't all sunk in yet, I'm in shock. I can't believe that's happened. It's so weird. To know when listening to his music that the man singing it is dead. It is very sad. :cry:

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 7:01 pm

I feel for you; a few years ago someone died who was from a band whose music at one time I practically lived and breathed, and it feels huge to hear of the death of someone you're a fan of.

RIP George.

My favorite numbers: Careless Whisper, I Knew You Were Waiting, and Freedom '90.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 7:17 pm

I was a really big George Michael fan back in the day. His "sudden death" reminds me of Freddie Mercury. On the penultimate day of Freddie's death, his manager said he was sick with AIDS. The next day, he died. Can't help wondering if this is the same issue with Brother George. I'd hate to think of other pop & rock stars who could follow along in this trend, too, like Boy George, Jimmy Sommerville (Bronski Beat), Adam Ant, etc.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 7:24 pm

redrobin62, I thought the same thing, that maybe he had AIDS or something.

BirdInFlight: Those are amazing tracks. I'm not even sure if I have favourites, I like so much of his stuff. Careless Whisper reminds me of where I used to live in London. I remember my mum playing the old record, and it sounded incredible. His voice, the music, it's all so beautiful to listen to.

We had an aspie over who had synesthesia. My mum played the song to her and she said my voice was a similar caramel colour to George Michael's.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 7:27 pm

i can enjoy careless whisper equally as much when slowed down to 33 RPM.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 7:36 pm

A similar caramel colour voice -- wow that's a wonderful perception from that aspie friend!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 7:42 pm

smudge wrote:
It's so weird. To know when listening to his music that the man singing it is dead. It is very sad. :cry:

I still feel that way when a John Lennon song comes on, especially "Imagine" and it has been almost 40 years. For some artists, that feeling eventually goes away, but I still get a weird spooky pang of regret when I hear Nirvana, X-Ray Spex, The Slits, Amy Winehouse, an old clip of the Saturday Night Live comic Gilda Radner, and of course, Bowie and Prince, and Emerson, Lake and Palmer (we lost two members of that band this year).

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 25 Dec 2016, 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 7:46 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
A similar caramel colour voice -- wow that's a wonderful perception from that aspie friend!

Thank you so much BirdInFlight. **Big hugs** Yeh, I agree. I was so chuffed when she said that.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 7:50 pm

I get that weird pang too.

It doesn't seem to matter how long I live and how many deaths of people, near and far, strangers or loved ones, I live through or hear of, there's something about the loss I can't wrap my head around.

I mean of course I understand intellectually that everything living has to die. It's biology and all that. But still when you feel that weird denial when you hear someone's voice, see video footage, think of them so alive, it's like little bit of denial, "how can all that life just be....gone, stopped..."

Very bittersweet feeling to hear songs of a passed singer.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 8:01 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
smudge wrote:
It's so weird. To know when listening to his music that the man singing it is dead. It is very sad. :cry:

I still feel that way when a John Lennon song comes on, especially "Imagine" and it has been almost 40 years. For some artists, that feeling eventually goes away, but I still get a weird spooky pang of regret when I hear Nirvana, X-Ray Spex, The Slits, Amy Winehouse, an old clip of the Saturday Night Live comic Gilda Radner, and of course, Bowie and Prince.

BirdInFlight wrote:
I get that weird pang too.

It doesn't seem to matter how long I live and how many deaths of people, near and far, strangers or loved ones, I live through or hear of, there's something about the loss I can't wrap my head around.

I mean of course I understand intellectually that everything living has to die. It's biology and all that. But still when you feel that weird denial when you hear someone's voice, see video footage, think of them so alive, it's like little bit of denial, "how can all that life just be....gone, stopped..."

Very bittersweet feeling to hear songs of a passed singer.

Hmm, so for some artists that pang never goes. :( It feels strange.