Obama Says He Would Have Defeated Trump For A Third Term

Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 7:45 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/26/us/politics/obama-third-term-donald-trump.html?_r=0

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 8:28 pm

Probably not, going by Romney's results. Trump is a different animal to Romney. Because of the narcissist Obama is and his endorsement of Clinton, his pride would have taken a real kick. He needs to reassure himself.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 9:09 pm

This actually sounds like a veiled jab at the Clintons (not Trump)...Obama should leave office a little more gracefully than airing democrat dirty laundry

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 9:29 pm

Personally I think any Democrat could have won except for Hillary Clinton. I feel there were alot of Americans so disgusted with the thought of Hillary winning they voted for Trump. It's about time for the Democrats to realize they lost because they fielded such a sorry candidate.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 10:28 pm

I've heard the people wanted change and Trump represented change. Most everyone else represented he status quo and no change. Based on that, Trump would have beaten Obama too. Seems a bit of a slam to Hillary for Obama to say that though.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Dec 2016, 10:44 am

It definitely is a jab at the Clinton's and I don't blame Obama for being bitter towards them, there is a lot of bad blood between them going back to 2008 and now a lot his legacy that he expended so much political capital for will be wiped away because of them. Obama the husband and father I think is a very admirable person and important role model for a lot of people, Obama kept his nose clean personally and that alone changes a lot of things. The Obama campaign were much more competent but were also ahead of the curve as far as integrating social media as a means of reaching grassroots support plus he had the support of the MSM gatekeepers. Those gatekeepers have fallen now and alternate news has been empowered, the curtain has been pulled back with social media as to what public opinion actually is. The Clinton campaign wrote all those emails too, they dug their own grave by rigging the primary and pretty much attempting the same in the general. Hillary never going away meant that Obama never got to pick his successor, something I am sure he resents.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2016, 10:49 am

Well, if it's a jab at the Clintons, it's also messing with Donald Trump a bit......just for the pleasure of watching the Donald get all defensive and tell everybody he'd win anyway.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2016, 6:56 pm

He probably would have, not because everybody is in love with his agenda like he claimed but because he is a far far far better campaigner than Hillary.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2016, 8:04 pm

underwater wrote:
Well, if it's a jab at the Clintons, it's also messing with Donald Trump a bit......just for the pleasure of watching the Donald get all defensive and tell everybody he'd win anyway.

An exercise in hypotheticals. Back in 1947 the 22 nd Amendment become part of the Constitution. In the United States we are ambiguous about political dynasties and definitely against having a President for Life.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2016, 9:52 pm

underwater wrote:

I think it was primarily aimed at the Clintons because they have a long standing feud with the Obamas. It's quite interesting that Chelsea Clinton and Ivanka Trump have maintained a long standing friendship that stems from their childhood when Trump and the Clintons were friends.

Having said that I'm sure (as you say) Obama got a kick out of poking Trump's narcissistic ego at the same time.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 10:08 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Probably not, going by Romney's results. Trump is a different animal to Romney. Because of the narcissist Obama is and his endorsement of Clinton, his pride would have taken a real kick. He needs to reassure himself.

Obama a narcissist? Compared to Trump, he's the most humble, selfless man on earth!

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 1:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Obama a narcissist? Compared to Trump, he's the most humble, selfless man on earth!

You just cannot criticise Obama, that's why you think that. Obama only called off the massacre of Gaza in 2009 because he didn't want it to interfere with his inauguration.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 1:10 pm

He probably would have, Obama is VERY popular right now.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 1:14 pm

Of course, the media are ignoring all his crimes and errors and making out he's wonderful so they can make out he's being replaced by the devil.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 1:47 pm

This statement about a national presidency, is just spiking the ball, if BO is to preside over an international peace accord, in a week and a half.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 4:29 pm

Ganondox wrote:
He probably would have, Obama is VERY popular right now.

among millennials certainly, they're the ones who support trump the least (on average).

president obama is one of the few constants these last few months, and people tend to latch onto those when things are rough.

but i don't think the older generations feel the same.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.