Veteran

27 Dec 2016, 5:28 pm

I just heard that Carrie Fisher passed away at age 60. RIP

Please feel free to add tributes.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2016, 8:21 pm

no wonder they kept things so quiet, though I guessed that things were not looking good. gads, what a rotten year capped off with this. a mother should not outlive her daughter, i'm sure Debbie Reynolds thought this.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2016, 10:21 pm

This is truly sad. I thought she was getting better but no. You suck 2016. Stop taking away our celebrities everyday.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 1:09 am

i thought carrie fisher would die after i heard she had her massive heart attack.
when the news report came through that she was in a stable condition, and her brother said "yes but that does not mean the news is good", i realized she was probably brain dead and on life support (which is a "stable" condition) and thought it would be only a matter of time before they realized that keeping her alive was futile.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 1:12 am

I just heard on the news that it was a second heart attack that did her in, in the hospital this morning.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 1:24 am

auntblabby wrote:
I just heard on the news that it was a second heart attack that did her in, in the hospital this morning.

oh well i was wrong then.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 1:35 am

b9 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I don't know about that, it is entirely possible that they decided not to resuscitate her in light of her possibly being brain-dead.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 1:50 am

auntblabby wrote:
b9 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I don't know about that, it is entirely possible that they decided not to resuscitate her in light of her possibly being brain-dead.

a correct conclusion arrived at with erroneous reasoning is just a stroke of good luck.
if she had a second heart attack, then it would have been that that was the catalyst for her death and not the first one.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 2:24 am

but it is also possible that were it not for the first, that there would not have been the second, at least in the same terminal way.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 2:45 am

auntblabby wrote:
but it is also possible that were it not for the first, that there would not have been the second, at least in the same terminal way.

but the fact is she's dead now, so retrogressive pontification is quite useless. i do not suffer embarrassment. don't worry aunt blabby.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Dec 2016, 5:07 pm

Her death hit me harder than I realized, as she was a childhood icon and I admired that she tried to reduce the stigma of mental illness. Yesterday was the first time since Alan Rickman that I cried about a celebrity's death. At least, they finished filming Episode VIII of the Star Wars saga, so we'll get to see her as the General for one last time.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 5:16 pm

I wonder if they'll use a digitally synthesized version of her in future episodes just like they did with that cushing actor?

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 8:50 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I wonder if they'll use a digitally synthesized version of her in future episodes just like they did with that cushing actor?

Seeing Grand Moff Tarkin looking just the same as always really confused me, until I looked it up later and found out what was going on. I don't know that they'll do it to her, though. Many people are protesting that it was disrespectful to use Tarkin like that with the actor being dead.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 8:52 pm

FandomConnection wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Seeing Grand Moff Tarkin looking just the same as always really confused me, until I looked it up later and found out what was going on. I don't know that they'll do it to her, though. Many people are protesting that it was disrespectful to use Tarkin like that with the actor being dead.

but it will happen more and more. john wayne hawking beer and fred Astaire schlepping a vacuum cleaner was just the beginning.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 9:21 pm

and now her mother has passed away. 2016 is the worst year ever.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 9:24 pm

tb86 wrote:
and now her mother has passed away. 2016 is the worst year ever.

2017 will make 2016 look good in comparison.