Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2016, 11:38 pm

Ive been pretty depressed for the past few days. Nothing is wrong really, i just dont feel like doing anything and nothing i do makes me feel good. I dont necessarily feel bad i just feel low.

Ive been staring at a corner since i got home, i cut myself a little too.

I never know what to do when i go throug bouts like this. Last year i almost killed myself.

Anyone relate?

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 10:03 am

I used to get quite depressed in the winter each year the lack of sunlight and the grey skies. I've taken 12 different antidepressants and the only thing that helps me is exercise(temporarily feel better like for ~6 to 8 hours) and taking Vitamin D, which works best for me. Taking 4000 IU/day of vitamin D helps keep my background mood consistently at neutral or slightly above neutral like 80%+ of the time, and has been for just over a year. I have BPD so I will still have episodes of situational depressed mood and thoughts of suicide, but they are tied to stressors in my life and don't last that long.

I tried light boxes and all they ever did was make me feel awake. Keeping a regular sleep/wake cycle using a routine and alarm help enough for that.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 10:49 am

Daylight Savings Time with the flip forward and back play havoc on my moods.

I love winter! The lack of sunlight makes me a homicidal/suicidal mess.

Take 200 mgs of Wellbutrin and use a SAD lamp to beat the beast back during the winter time.

Kamoku
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Dec 2016, 11:37 am

I can definitely relate. The bad thoughts start coming in, telling me that I'm worthless and a burden to others. Exercise, eating healthy, sleeping good, and taking vitamin D doesn't help for me. All I have to do is push through, even though it's painful.

AQ: 44

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 2:59 pm

Winter is tough - especially up here in the great, white north. I'm an outdoor person and do make the effort to get outside in the winter to ski (cross-country) and snowshoe but mostly I get through the 'trudge' they call winter by ramping up my indoor hobbies like model railroading and working on the house.

Odysseus84
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Dec 2016, 11:30 pm

I'm with Tawaki. Sun lamp. Get one. Those things are like magic. It's the lack of Vitamin D that makes you sad, not the darkness alone. In addition to that, I also try to get a gym membership. That way I can exercise in a lit surrounding.

I've battled so many bad depressions during the winter months and I know that empty feeling, but you've got this! We're pulling for you.

To have, to hold
They'll see in time
I know
We'll show them together"--You'll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 11:35 pm

I get really depressed during the winter months, you definitely are not alone :heart: . I live in New England and we get a ton of snow here, and I don't like it. I'm hoping to move down south with my dad within the next year or two. The sunshine is good for my mood.

Stay strong, we all are here for you :heart:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2016, 1:11 am

Mine seems to only happen in the Spring.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.