Page 31 of 42 [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 42  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 8:40 pm

Professor who shot himself as Trump protest faces felony charges

A professor accused of creating a campus-wide alert by shooting himself in a toilet on the second day of classes last month reportedly did so in order to protest President Trump.

A report in the Las Vegas Review-Journal said that Mark Bird, a sociology professor at the College of Southern Nevada (CSN), has been charged with discharging a gun within a prohibited structure, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit and possessing a dangerous weapon on school property....

Citing Mr. Bird’s arrest report, the Review-Journal said “campus police found a $100 bill taped to a mirror along with a note that said, ‘For the janitor.’ … On the floor of the restroom was a black-and-white, .22-caliber pistol and one spent shell casing.”

None of the several witnesses who saw Mr. Bird stumble out of the bathroom and then collapse at about 8:15 a.m. initially knew the professor had shot himself, hearing only a loud noise and prompting a 911 call, police said.

“While waiting for authorities to arrive, Bird said he had shot himself in protest of President Donald Trump, police noted in their report. The report did not elaborate,” the Review-Journal reported.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... or-shot-h/

There Are Four Lights!

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 8:48 pm

Reminds me of this ...

Anti-Donald Trump protester ‘tries to set himself on fire’ outside Trump International Hotel in Washington DC
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 34786.html

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 8:57 am

StickyVicky wrote:
Donald Trump absolutely terrifies Leftists for some reason. Their reality distortion field is bizarre.

Bizarre? So the subversion of Democracy and a free press isn't terrifying? He wants to investigate and jail political rivals! That's 3rd world dictator tactics. He's delusional and not even his personally picked cabinet trusts him, to the extent that they don't do what he says. That's not how the presidency is supposed to work.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 10:12 am

If it wasn't for fake hate crimes there might be no hate crimes at all.

Baldwin woman fabricated story of teens yelling 'Trump' at her, police say

A Baldwin woman who claimed earlier this month a group of teens shouted “Trump 2016!” at her was arrested and charged with making a false statement, Nassau County police said.

Adwoa Lewis, 19, also admitted writing a note reading “Go Home” that she said she found next to her slashed tire, police said Saturday. Nassau police had investigated the incident as a possible hate crime, Det. Lt. Richard LeBrun said at the time.

Lewis told officers on Sept. 2 that four teens confronted her about 11:15 p.m. the previous day as she drove home on Jackson Street and told her “she didn’t belong here,” police said Saturday. Lewis also said the teens shouted “Trump will make America great again,” LeBrun said at the time.

Lewis told police that she found the note and slashed tire on her 2008 Toyota Prius parked in front of her house the next morning.

Police determined after an “extensive investigation” that Lewis’ story was fabricated, police said. When questioned about discrepancies in her story, Lewis admitted writing the note herself and placing it on her car.

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/cri ... 1.21031288

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 11:27 am

Darmok wrote:

Baldwin woman fabricated story of teens yelling 'Trump' at her, police say

A Baldwin woman who claimed earlier this month a group of teens shouted “Trump 2016!” at her was arrested and charged with making a false statement, Nassau County police said.

Adwoa Lewis, 19, also admitted writing a note reading “Go Home” that she said she found next to her slashed tire, police said Saturday. Nassau police had investigated the incident as a possible hate crime, Det. Lt. Richard LeBrun said at the time.

Lewis told officers on Sept. 2 that four teens confronted her about 11:15 p.m. the previous day as she drove home on Jackson Street and told her “she didn’t belong here,” police said Saturday. Lewis also said the teens shouted “Trump will make America great again,” LeBrun said at the time.

Lewis told police that she found the note and slashed tire on her 2008 Toyota Prius parked in front of her house the next morning.

Police determined after an “extensive investigation” that Lewis’ story was fabricated, police said. When questioned about discrepancies in her story, Lewis admitted writing the note herself and placing it on her car.

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/cri ... 1.21031288

IMHO that incident is not Trump derangement syndrome. Faking a MAGA hate crime is a convenient way to get attention at this time. If Trump was not President she would have faked something else.

Derangement syndrome was first described in relation to the 2nd Bush by the late Charles Krauthammer. He described it as "the acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people in reaction to the policies, the presidency -- nay -- the very existence of George W. Bush".

Arguably my fear of a Trump temper tantrum nuclear war is Trump Derangement Syndrome.

I believe the anti-vaxx movement is Autism Derangement Syndrome.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 11:29 am

Darmok wrote:

:lol:

It’s a really bizarre world Trumpsters live in.

That said, only Trumpsters believe their nonsense.

Nazis similarly tried to claim all of their hate crimes during Nazi Germany were “fake” as well (DURING Nazi Germany and before the concentration).

There’s something about these types that go for crazed “leaders” that always makes them want to make this claim.

Hate crimes against minorities are the highest they have been for years and they continue to increase. But, suure only one means hundreds upon hundreds are all fake - one out of the year 2017 is .009%. That’s quite some “thinking” Trumpsters do. All it shows is how far over they need to bend to try to sleep well at night.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-data-s ... e-in-2017/

Pleasant dreams.

pete413
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Sep 2018, 12:51 pm

Let's just face it, our society is now divided.
I really don't see anything about the "other side" that I care to associate with.

many people now are miserable and alone, and just plain do not care anymore. Burned out on it all, many just want to tell the "others" to shove it!! !

How do we get out of this tangle? Or do any of us really want to? maybe we should just let it all unravel.

Too many miserable people, and it's just getting worse.

And for however bad Trump is, I wouldn't want him kicked out of office, then we'd have to deal with Mike Pence, screw THAT! I'd rather have a senile old dotard than a fundamentalist theocrat.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 4:37 pm

AspE wrote:
StickyVicky wrote:
Donald Trump absolutely terrifies Leftists for some reason. Their reality distortion field is bizarre.

Bizarre? So the subversion of Democracy and a free press isn't terrifying? He wants to investigate and jail political rivals! That's 3rd world dictator tactics. He's delusional and not even his personally picked cabinet trusts him, to the extent that they don't do what he says. That's not how the presidency is supposed to work.

Can you site one example of Trump subverting democracy? Can you name a political rival he wants to jail just because they oppose him?

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 8:26 pm

Bataar wrote:
Can you name a political rival he wants to jail just because they oppose him?

Um, where have you been?

"Lock her up."

..... :|

Hillary Clinton, the orange ogre literally gets his ravenous hyenas to scream it every time he holds a self-serving rally.

Can he do it? Nope. Does he keep implying he'd love to? Every chance he gets.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 9:13 pm

Bataar wrote:
Can you site one example of Trump subverting democracy?

Wanting to jail journalists. Declassifying information to help undermine Mueller and the FBI. Lying to the American people 4 times a day on average. Undermining NATO while chumming up to Putin. ...Is that enough?
Bataar wrote:

Hillary Clinton.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 11:34 am

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
Bataar wrote:

Um, where have you been?

"Lock her up."

Hillary Clinton, the orange ogre literally gets his ravenous hyenas to scream it every time he holds a self-serving rally.

Ah. I thought you were trying to come up with a legitimate case of a leader trying to lock up political rivals because they were his rivals, not because they obviously broke serious laws.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 1:52 pm

Bataar wrote:
Ah. I thought you were trying to come up with a legitimate case of a leader trying to lock up political rivals because they were his rivals, not because they obviously broke serious laws.

I stand by my statement. You are obviously enjoying your Hillary Derangement Syndrome.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 4:03 pm

AspE wrote:
Bataar wrote:

I stand by my statement. You are obviously enjoying your Hillary Derangement Syndrome.

This a billion times over. :D

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2018, 1:23 pm

Bataar wrote:
Spooky_Mulder wrote:
Bataar wrote:

Um, where have you been?

"Lock her up."

She was a political rival and he wanted rid of her. Whether or not she broke the law at that point is auxiliary (note that the whole ordeal seemed to die immediately when he became inaugurated), it wasn't a genuine concern for her being unlawful. It was to score political points.

I should also mention that the original quote mentioned locking up political rivals but this isn't even starting on the far more obscene notion of fake news and the murders that followed. I won't beat around the bush like the "fake MSM" do, either; those murders can be linked to Trump in some way.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 5:04 pm

Mythos wrote:
Bataar wrote:
Spooky_Mulder wrote:
Bataar wrote:

Um, where have you been?

"Lock her up."

She was a political rival and he wanted rid of her. Whether or not she broke the law at that point is auxiliary (note that the whole ordeal seemed to die immediately when he became inaugurated), it wasn't a genuine concern for her being unlawful. It was to score political points.

I should also mention that the original quote mentioned locking up political rivals but this isn't even starting on the far more obscene notion of fake news and the murders that followed. I won't beat around the bush like the "fake MSM" do, either; those murders can be linked to Trump in some way.

Which murders are you referring to? I'm not denying anything, I just want to research it so I can comment on it.

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Sep 2018, 1:45 pm

Bataar wrote:
Mythos wrote:
Bataar wrote:
Spooky_Mulder wrote:
Bataar wrote:

Um, where have you been?

"Lock her up."

Which murders are you referring to? I'm not denying anything, I just want to research it so I can comment on it.
I'm talking about the Maryland shooting, which I believe was probably provoked by Trump's anti journalist rhetoric.

There's also the number of other issues that journalists face as well, such as death threats and harassment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... -extremism

Essentially, all this seems to be provoked by attacks on the press. Some of it is just circumstance, like protests where the far right and far left clash. Others seem to be the rhetoric of neonazis and other types.

It's not all right wing, either, but I believe these tensions have arisen due to Trump. That may not be the case but I wouldn't be surprised either.