Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

E7ernal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2007, 8:23 am

I wasn't expecting much from this album as I'd gotten tired of LP but it far exceeded my expectations! It's really a contrast from their previous albums (in most songs). Don't let the single fool you, this album is a big departure from the bedroom angst classic LP was all about. Also - no more singing about 'insecurity' and s**t like that - more meaningful lyrics.

Thoughts?

RPM
Raven
Raven

17 May 2007, 10:30 am

It's different from the prior albums yes, but I think this album is even better than the previous ones as well :)

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 6:05 am

It's an ok album, as me as a curious listener and ex listener of Linkin Park decided to check it out.

But I've grown out of Linkin Park now. :)

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 11:57 am

they stole the Iron Maiden style of writing their name
and minutes to midnight-come on an obvious steal :roll:

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 3:41 pm

I dunno, guys...like with NIN's new album, I really wanted to like it. On paper it sounded good...a softer, sadder Linkin Park with fewer rap moments (not at all sad to see the rap go)...but frankly, when I heard the album, I felt that it lacked a certain something. The single, "What I've Done," is a good song, and is very catchy, but even it lacks that certain something...I can't quite put my finger on it. All I know is, I don't really care to listen to any of the songs again. Will I at some point? Probably. But there's no need, you know? It's just achingly forgettable fluff. But perhaps the worst thing I can say about it is that it sounds too much like an emo album. Even Chester Bennington's vocals seem to emulate the high-pitched, prepubsecent-sounding vocals of Gerrard Way or someone like that. The album is muted, but not subtle, faded and lacking rather than restrained, and no matter how hard they try to sound more mature they still sound like teenagers.

I'm sorry, guys. To anyone who does love it, great--keep on loving it. I wish I did.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 7:45 am

Kilroy wrote:
they stole the Iron Maiden style of writing their name
and minutes to midnight-come on an obvious steal :roll:

Yeah.