Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Berabara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2017, 9:20 am

I seen my niece hitting her self on her head this is really wrong it makes me hate her dont talk to her again because i have anxiety disorder when someone does argument makes me panic did not understand whats going on

Diagnosis Asperger's Syndrome back in 2005
also have Anxiety Disorder, OCD

Severe to Profound on my left ear and have cochlear implant on Right ear i'm Deaf

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 12:01 pm

Berabara wrote:
I seen my niece hitting her self on her head this is really wrong it makes me hate her dont talk to her again because i have anxiety disorder when someone does argument makes me panic did not understand whats going on

Does your niece have autism? Unfortunately some people with autism self-harm like hitting themselves , it can be distressing and worrying to watch if you don't understand. People who self-harm do it for multiple reasons but there is no reason to hate her for her actions , perhaps you could ask her why she does this so you can get a better understanding of her problems.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Hippygoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2017, 12:34 pm

I can only speak for myself but I used to do it out of self-hatred and frustration, usually during a meltdown.

idonthaveanickname
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Feb 2017, 1:59 pm

Whenever I have a meltdown about something is when I hit myself on the head. I haven't done so in about a year now, nor have I done any other kind of self harm.

Berabara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2017, 3:52 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Berabara wrote:

Does your niece have autism? Unfortunately some people with autism self-harm like hitting themselves , it can be distressing and worrying to watch if you don't understand. People who self-harm do it for multiple reasons but there is no reason to hate her for her actions , perhaps you could ask her why she does this so you can get a better understanding of her problems.

Well i have meltdowns too i dont hit my self i yell swearing hitting on doors or pushing or kicking doors im different than she is i have autism too i dont self harm i think too much but she doesnt have sensory issues my older sister took her phone broke modem shes really angry her whole kids they dont care and help because she have 8 kids aspergers child she doesnt help but she relying to internet thats all she does thats why thats cause her self harm she didnt scream just but meltdown feels like end of world for my self i hate that feeling

Severe to Profound on my left ear and have cochlear implant on Right ear i'm Deaf

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 4:51 pm

I hit myself and bang my head into walls during meltdowns because it turns the emotional pressure and pain into physical pain, and gets rid of a lot of the overwhelming, explosive tension I feel in that moment. I always dislike myself afterwards though; I don't like being so out of control.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 5:03 pm

Berabara wrote:
Well i have meltdowns too i dont hit my self i yell swearing hitting on doors or pushing or kicking doors im different than she is i have autism too i dont self harm i think too much but she doesnt have sensory issues my older sister took her phone broke modem shes really angry her whole kids they dont care and help because she have 8 kids aspergers child she doesnt help but she relying to internet thats all she does thats why thats cause her self harm she didnt scream just but meltdown feels like end of world for my self i hate that feeling

Everyone is different dude and everyone reacts differently to things that upset them and not everyone self-harms. If your niece relys on the internet then it is understandable for her to be upset if it is taken away from her. I know it's difficult but try and remember exactly how you felt just before you swear and hit things ( e.g. you might of been angry , might of felt like there was nothing you could do , might of felt like no-one understands you ), it is probably the same for your niece but instead of swearing and damaging things , she hits herself.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Berabara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2017, 5:45 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Berabara wrote:

Everyone is different dude and everyone reacts differently to things that upset them and not everyone self-harms. If your niece relys on the internet then it is understandable for her to be upset if it is taken away from her. I know it's difficult but try and remember exactly how you felt just before you swear and hit things ( e.g. you might of been angry , might of felt like there was nothing you could do , might of felt like no-one understands you ), it is probably the same for your niece but instead of swearing and damaging things , she hits herself.

I highly sensitive person with taste and smell makes me really uncomfortable and overwhelmed want me walk awake other wise sick of smell of yucky smell of socks or alot things and food taste i have toilet difficult when i was younger im very smart too

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2017, 8:14 am

I used to hit myself in the head during outbursts because of anger and self-hatred. I knew it was my brain's fault for being wired this way, so that's why I used to hit my head.

It's a bit like once when I had diarrhoea, I hit myself in the stomach because I hated having diarrhoea and got angry with my stomach.

But irrationally I thought that hitting myself in the head might be the same as an old TV, when it goes wrong and you hit it a few times until it works again. I thought the same might happen to my brain; if I smacked myself in the head a few times it might transform itself to an NT wiring. Sadly it didn't work.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2017, 8:30 am

Hippygoth wrote:
I can only speak for myself but I used to do it out of self-hatred and frustration, usually during a meltdown.

Same.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2017, 8:54 am

Is that you in the avatar? If so, you might get many chicks.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2017, 10:54 am

I hit myself in the head during a meltdown sometimes but I have enough self control to prevent myself from injuring myself(mainly don't injure myself because I have a blood-injury-needle phobia). I don't really know why I hit myself, but I just feel so overwhelmed, angry and stressed that hitting myself dissipates some of this stress.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2017, 9:33 pm

Last time I ever hit my head, was this cluster headache like pain on my left eye that had been going on every once month or so... Which is around more than a year ago.

But no one needs to know about that pain :lol: or that I do bang my head for whatever reason.

Even back at my childhood days, I wouldn't hit my head out of meltdown or frustration or stress related reasons. I prefer breaking pencils and crushing soda cans with my bear hands.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.