I didn’t think I’d ever leave the CIA. But because of Trump

Page 2 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

bamsaidthelady
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2014
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 47
Location: Oregon

22 Feb 2017, 3:32 am

Dox47 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I've asked a few times who he should have chosen that would equal draining the swamp, but no one has ever gotten back to me on that.


You would think outsiders with no political experience, but he keeps getting flak for appointing outsiders with no political experience. It's almost as if people had made up their minds before he actually did anything...

We fix a system unquestionably tainted by corporations by giving billionaires (Tillerson, Mnuchin) positions of power?

I will concede that there are some decent/solid picks in this administration (Mattis, Kelly, Chao, Shulkin). Obstructionism and blind party alliance get us nowhere.


_________________
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 94 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 123 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

22 Feb 2017, 6:24 am

bamsaidthelady wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I've asked a few times who he should have chosen that would equal draining the swamp, but no one has ever gotten back to me on that.


You would think outsiders with no political experience, but he keeps getting flak for appointing outsiders with no political experience. It's almost as if people had made up their minds before he actually did anything...

We fix a system unquestionably tainted by corporations by giving billionaires (Tillerson, Mnuchin) positions of power?


Not meaning to nitpick, but Tillerson and Mnuchin are nowhere close to being billionaires. Tillerson's estimated net worth is only around $150 million and Munchin's is about half that.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 72,375
Location: Queens, NYC

22 Feb 2017, 6:42 am

If I were as poor as that, I'd buy myself a small island in the Azores area.

I also can't see why people call mainstream Democrats "leftists."

I find "leftist" should be reserved for outright socialists/communists.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

22 Feb 2017, 7:48 am

I alternate between left leftist and liberal, not always sure which to use, trying not to specifically target anyone. Maybe I should say something more obscure like 'certain people'.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 72,375
Location: Queens, NYC

22 Feb 2017, 8:10 am

I would say that at least some Democrats are liberals. Definitely not all, though.

The people who are the "PC Police" are an example of "liberals going too far."

I espouse some liberal ideas, but I dislike the "PC Police." I dislike Political Correctness.



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,559
Location: Aux Arcs

22 Feb 2017, 9:56 am

He's draining the swamp so he can build a hotel/casino there.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 72,375
Location: Queens, NYC

22 Feb 2017, 10:08 am

The "swamp" might be temporarily "drained"--but the casinos he builds probably would be so heavy (both figuratively and literally) that it would sink into the remaining "swamp," anyway.

Look at Trump's creations in Atlantic City.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Feb 2017, 10:17 am

Tillerson was a great pick for Secretary of State, people being prejudice against him because of the company he worked for but he's highly qualified for his job and isn't some political hack. Would you rather have Rudy Giuliani or god forbin John Bolton as Secretary of State? Mitt Romney? Gross. Tillerson already has a working relationship with so many world leaders including Vladimir Putin.



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

22 Feb 2017, 12:25 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I would say that at least some Democrats are liberals. Definitely not all, though.

The people who are the "PC Police" are an example of "liberals going too far."

I espouse some liberal ideas, but I dislike the "PC Police." I dislike Political Correctness.

Mostly conservative values: Right
Mostly liberal values: Left

Keeps it simple that way.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 46
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,785
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

22 Feb 2017, 6:24 pm

I hate everyone right now.



Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

23 Feb 2017, 12:08 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I hate everyone right now.


We've noticed.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Oct 2008
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 722
Location: Ontario, Canada

23 Feb 2017, 12:10 am

EzraS wrote:
Nights_Like_These wrote:
Whatever you say. lol It's still hypocrisy to say he's "draining the swamp," which was really my only point. I get that this may be hard for you to accept, but there it is...lol


Well the problem I'm seeing is yet another in a long series of polar opposite contradictory complaints from the left.

On one hand the complaint is they're exactly the same type of people Obama had and Clinton would have chosen.

On the other hand they're all supposed to be the types of people Obama and Clinton never would have chosen, hence all the complaints about them.

My conclusion is the left can't make up their minds, don't really know what they're talking about and really just want to complain and protest as the worst case of sore losers in the history of the world.


Ah, but you see, therein lies the problem with putting everyone into little boxes. I'm not for ANYONE appointing such people to government because it's never in the interest of the people the government is supposed to represent, which is why I haven't voted conservative in Canada ever, and I haven't voted for the Liberal Party of Canada since I was 18 and voting for the first time. Also, I'm not the loser here since, as I said, I'm not American. The way I see it, all Americans are the losers in this case (in a literal sense rather than a derogatory one).

Not all liberal-minded people are the same, as I'm sure not all conservatives are the same, but by all means, just continue to polarize everything because the world just isn't unstable enough yet. lol I mean, the world's just one big dumpster fire anyway, so who cares right? :lol:

EDIT: Also, please continue to be presumptuous about my "mentality." It's amusing. :)


_________________
"There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception."

--Aldous Huxley


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

23 Feb 2017, 12:30 am

Nights_Like_These wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Nights_Like_These wrote:
Whatever you say. lol It's still hypocrisy to say he's "draining the swamp," which was really my only point. I get that this may be hard for you to accept, but there it is...lol


Well the problem I'm seeing is yet another in a long series of polar opposite contradictory complaints from the left.

On one hand the complaint is they're exactly the same type of people Obama had and Clinton would have chosen.

On the other hand they're all supposed to be the types of people Obama and Clinton never would have chosen, hence all the complaints about them.

My conclusion is the left can't make up their minds, don't really know what they're talking about and really just want to complain and protest as the worst case of sore losers in the history of the world.


Ah, but you see, therein lies the problem with putting everyone into little boxes. I'm not for ANYONE appointing such people to government because it's never in the interest of the people the government is supposed to represent, which is why I haven't voted conservative in Canada ever, and I haven't voted for the Liberal Party of Canada since I was 18 and voting for the first time. Also, I'm not the loser here since, as I said, I'm not American. The way I see it, all Americans are the losers in this case (in a literal sense rather than a derogatory one).

Not all liberal-minded people are the same, as I'm sure not all conservatives are the same, but by all means, just continue to polarize everything because the world just isn't unstable enough yet. lol I mean, the world's just one big dumpster fire anyway, so who cares right? :lol:

EDIT: Also, please continue to be presumptuous about my "mentality." It's amusing. :)


I was speaking about the overall mentality of those who say he didn't drain the swamp. That's why I said, "the left can't make up their minds".



Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Oct 2008
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 722
Location: Ontario, Canada

23 Feb 2017, 4:40 am

EzraS wrote:
Nights_Like_These wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Nights_Like_These wrote:
Whatever you say. lol It's still hypocrisy to say he's "draining the swamp," which was really my only point. I get that this may be hard for you to accept, but there it is...lol


Well the problem I'm seeing is yet another in a long series of polar opposite contradictory complaints from the left.

On one hand the complaint is they're exactly the same type of people Obama had and Clinton would have chosen.

On the other hand they're all supposed to be the types of people Obama and Clinton never would have chosen, hence all the complaints about them.

My conclusion is the left can't make up their minds, don't really know what they're talking about and really just want to complain and protest as the worst case of sore losers in the history of the world.


Ah, but you see, therein lies the problem with putting everyone into little boxes. I'm not for ANYONE appointing such people to government because it's never in the interest of the people the government is supposed to represent, which is why I haven't voted conservative in Canada ever, and I haven't voted for the Liberal Party of Canada since I was 18 and voting for the first time. Also, I'm not the loser here since, as I said, I'm not American. The way I see it, all Americans are the losers in this case (in a literal sense rather than a derogatory one).

Not all liberal-minded people are the same, as I'm sure not all conservatives are the same, but by all means, just continue to polarize everything because the world just isn't unstable enough yet. lol I mean, the world's just one big dumpster fire anyway, so who cares right? :lol:

EDIT: Also, please continue to be presumptuous about my "mentality." It's amusing. :)


I was speaking about the overall mentality of those who say he didn't drain the swamp. That's why I said, "the left can't make up their minds".


Yes, but I'm the one here saying he didn't drain the swamp (and he still didn't btw), so that would mean me in this instance lol (not to undermine your obvious expertise in "left" mentality or anything).

I could insert a bunch of gross generalisations about Trump supporters here, but I think I'll pass. You obviously came here to just spew the same tired rhetoric that I already see every day all over the internet, and I've had quite enough of it. So please, don't let me interrupt the Trump circle jerk. You should save your energy for confirming each other's biases and such; it's tiring work. :lol:


_________________
"There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception."

--Aldous Huxley


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

23 Feb 2017, 8:56 am

Nights_Like_These wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Nights_Like_These wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Nights_Like_These wrote:
Whatever you say. lol It's still hypocrisy to say he's "draining the swamp," which was really my only point. I get that this may be hard for you to accept, but there it is...lol


Well the problem I'm seeing is yet another in a long series of polar opposite contradictory complaints from the left.

On one hand the complaint is they're exactly the same type of people Obama had and Clinton would have chosen.

On the other hand they're all supposed to be the types of people Obama and Clinton never would have chosen, hence all the complaints about them.

My conclusion is the left can't make up their minds, don't really know what they're talking about and really just want to complain and protest as the worst case of sore losers in the history of the world.


Ah, but you see, therein lies the problem with putting everyone into little boxes. I'm not for ANYONE appointing such people to government because it's never in the interest of the people the government is supposed to represent, which is why I haven't voted conservative in Canada ever, and I haven't voted for the Liberal Party of Canada since I was 18 and voting for the first time. Also, I'm not the loser here since, as I said, I'm not American. The way I see it, all Americans are the losers in this case (in a literal sense rather than a derogatory one).

Not all liberal-minded people are the same, as I'm sure not all conservatives are the same, but by all means, just continue to polarize everything because the world just isn't unstable enough yet. lol I mean, the world's just one big dumpster fire anyway, so who cares right? :lol:

EDIT: Also, please continue to be presumptuous about my "mentality." It's amusing. :)


I was speaking about the overall mentality of those who say he didn't drain the swamp. That's why I said, "the left can't make up their minds".


Yes, but I'm the one here saying he didn't drain the swamp (and he still didn't btw), so that would mean me in this instance lol (not to undermine your obvious expertise in "left" mentality or anything).

I could insert a bunch of gross generalisations about Trump supporters here, but I think I'll pass. You obviously came here to just spew the same tired rhetoric that I already see every day all over the internet, and I've had quite enough of it. So please, don't let me interrupt the Trump circle jerk. You should save your energy for confirming each other's biases and such; it's tiring work. :lol:


Many of us in PPR manage to show a certain amount of respect for each other and basically get along despite opposing viewpoints.

And then there's guys like you, feral botanist and jrjones9933, who show up to play the role of the antagonistic condescending bully who only seems interested in posturing and trying to deliver textual asskickings for self gratification.



Last edited by EzraS on 23 Feb 2017, 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

23 Feb 2017, 9:27 am

EzraS wrote:
Nights_Like_These wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Nights_Like_These wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Nights_Like_These wrote:
Whatever you say. lol It's still hypocrisy to say he's "draining the swamp," which was really my only point. I get that this may be hard for you to accept, but there it is...lol


Well the problem I'm seeing is yet another in a long series of polar opposite contradictory complaints from the left.

On one hand the complaint is they're exactly the same type of people Obama had and Clinton would have chosen.

On the other hand they're all supposed to be the types of people Obama and Clinton never would have chosen, hence all the complaints about them.

My conclusion is the left can't make up their minds, don't really know what they're talking about and really just want to complain and protest as the worst case of sore losers in the history of the world.


Ah, but you see, therein lies the problem with putting everyone into little boxes. I'm not for ANYONE appointing such people to government because it's never in the interest of the people the government is supposed to represent, which is why I haven't voted conservative in Canada ever, and I haven't voted for the Liberal Party of Canada since I was 18 and voting for the first time. Also, I'm not the loser here since, as I said, I'm not American. The way I see it, all Americans are the losers in this case (in a literal sense rather than a derogatory one).

Not all liberal-minded people are the same, as I'm sure not all conservatives are the same, but by all means, just continue to polarize everything because the world just isn't unstable enough yet. lol I mean, the world's just one big dumpster fire anyway, so who cares right? :lol:

EDIT: Also, please continue to be presumptuous about my "mentality." It's amusing. :)


I was speaking about the overall mentality of those who say he didn't drain the swamp. That's why I said, "the left can't make up their minds".


Yes, but I'm the one here saying he didn't drain the swamp (and he still didn't btw), so that would mean me in this instance lol (not to undermine your obvious expertise in "left" mentality or anything).

I could insert a bunch of gross generalisations about Trump supporters here, but I think I'll pass. You obviously came here to just spew the same tired rhetoric that I already see every day all over the internet, and I've had quite enough of it. So please, don't let me interrupt the Trump circle jerk. You should save your energy for confirming each other's biases and such; it's tiring work. :lol:


Many of us in PPR manage to show a certain amount of respect for each other and basically get along despite opposing viewpoints.

And then there's guys like you, feral botanist and jrjones9933, who show up to play the role of the hostile condescending jerk who only seems interested in trying to deliver textual asskickings for self gratification.

Hey now you forgot to include me! I do all those things,too.
Now I feel all butthurt and marginalized.
:(


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley