Good career for an aspie? Need your help

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Smart blondie28
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2017, 3:06 pm

Do most aspies work in the arty industry? I'm creative unsure what fit my skills and worrying I'm never going to find a career. I'm getting older. :(My 1 of my passions are my hobbies. No way it's my career

ok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Mar 2017, 5:32 pm

Arty industry? I'm not quite sure what you mean. If you want to work in the art industry, i.e. become an artist, you have to work very hard at it. Most artists can't make a living out of it and have day jobs to support themselves. If you want us to help you, you really need to tell us more about yourself.

Smart blondie28
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2017, 6:39 pm

Well I'm in an isolated place right now. I love performing, being on the stage but the industry has been impossible. I've done retail, studied a little sculpture and photography. Did a production course but had to leave because of funds. Being learning disabled is hard and doesn't Define me. I'm not moving on because I'm unemployed and don't know were I'm heading. I'm creative and want a career now and that all I know. It's like nothing is changing and I can't control it because of my disability

ok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Mar 2017, 3:33 pm

The industry IS impossible, and it's only a fraction of the world's actors and singers that ever go anywhere in showbiz. You could keep on struggeling, and not give up even if it is very difficult to make it. It's not unusual for some actors to have their breakthrough a bit late, such as Harrison Ford, who worked as a carpenter before he starred in Star Wars.

Right now you probably need a "daily bread" sort of job. If you enjoy being on a stage, why not try waiting tables, telemarketing or something like that. It's nearly like acting and it actually pays :D