Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 12:11 pm

I used to have history and cat related dreams as a kid (mostly horrible ones though) but as I've got older I tend to dream more about things I'm worrying about, like exams. Although I've dreamed about this site a few times, which I think is my latest obsession.

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 12:18 pm

yes, infact every night its always a dream having to do with computers, or door closers. this has been happening since high school.

i wonder if its common with aspies to have dreams like this???

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 12:22 pm

I was on a World of Warcraft obsession for a good long time, and I only played priests, lol-I used to dream about actually being my character and running through the areas, healing people, etc.

Now I've been making bracelets and my dreams have been pretty darn stupid, lol.

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 12:28 pm

I have dreams about my obsessions not so much as I have dreams with hidden meaning and premonitions that incorporate an obsession or two. Than, I am highly theoretical so it could be me trying to find meaning, reason and cause to everything as I usually do but the premonitions have happened. Did a lot more when I was younger.

Mushroom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2007, 1:14 pm

I don't dream about my obsessions a lot, but I certainly do. My dreams are generally... weird.

I think I have lucid dreams more than is normal. I also am somewhat... aware in non-lucid dreams, in a way that I sometimes end up doing mathematical calculations or find synonyms in my dreams. The rare times that I'm not aware, I end up believing the dream to be real. (I was actually upset for a week to wake up and find out I wasn't in Australia LOL)

And 90% of the time I have nightmares, instead of waking up, my nightmare just rewinds itself, starts from the beginning, and continues this way until morning. I hate them.

vbondy
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 May 2007, 1:38 pm

Absolutely. Long, vivid, obsessive dreams.

ChrissandraChrissamba
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 2:25 pm

Yes.

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 2:43 pm

Yes, absolutely.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 4:49 pm

Absolutely true.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 5:46 pm

I have regular thrift store, sock monkey and ukuklele dreams....yes

RadiationHazard
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 6:13 pm

Sometimes... but they tend to go with my People obssessions.

Dr. Chase: I'm Australian.

Dr. House: You put the Queen on your money, you're British.

LEEH
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 May 2007, 6:19 pm

definitely.

DougOzzzz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 May 2007, 7:25 pm

yes, but I consider those dreams good dreams. More often than not I dream about things that I am anxious about.

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 8:11 pm

Sometimes I have math dreams. I remember one time waking up, still dopey and looking at my clock and not being able to read the time, I was still half in my dream and thought that the the time was a symmetric matrix that I had to orthogonally diagonalize before I could read the time.

Another time, In my sleep, I actually managed to answer a group-theoretic question I had got stuck on; I went to bed and then woke up and I realised what the answer was so I had obviously thought about it whilst asleep.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 8:15 pm

I have cat dreams frequently.

I have also had dreams about taking exams, even that part of my life is long over. Once or twice, I have had dreams about Roger Bannister.

drummer_girl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2007, 8:30 pm

i dont remeber most of my dreams but one dream about my obsession has stayed with me ...

obsession = the american flag

dream was about the Star Spangled Banner (not the song but the flag) the origional flag in the smithsonian]

http://www.vfwdistrict16.com/assets/ima ... angled.jpg << this is the flag i dreamed about in case you're not sure... the flag that flew over fort mchenry and is now in the smithsonian

my dream involved me finding the piece of material that included the missing star and adjacent stripes... and then flyign to america and giving it back to the president and him giving me american citizenship in return and i get to live there and visit the president whenever i wanted to... lol