Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 2:12 am

Experts: 'Trumpcare' places autism, disability coverage in jeopardy

Quote:
Researchers from the University of Pennsylvania and Johns Hopkins University say that proposed changes to the health care system under President Trump could have a profound effect on people with disabilities, according to an editorial published yesterday in The New England Journal of Medicine.

Of particular concern is how a proposed restructuring of Medicaid could affect Americans with autism and the people who care for them.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 2:38 am

haven't you heard? they [rump orangehair's crowd] consider us "useless eaters."

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 3:40 am

Obamacare never would have survived past 2018.

So at least there's something opposed to nothing to fill the void.

If you live in the USA and you ever wanted a good health care system, you live in the wrong country.

Last edited by EzraS on 10 Mar 2017, 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 3:42 am

problem is that it will [by design] NOT fill the void. at least one GOPer said health care was not the primary reason for doing this, tax cuts exclusively for the 1% are the real reason.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 3:46 am

None the the less Obamacare was going to collapse.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 3:57 am

one mark of a civilized culture is that it takes care of their own. America doesn't do that.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 4:01 am

No and it's never made any sense to me.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 10:31 am

EzraS wrote:

Only because certain people want it to collapse and will make it collapse.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 10:31 am

EzraS wrote:
No and it's never made any sense to me.

One word. Greed.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 11:58 am

auntblabby wrote:
problem is that it will [by design] NOT fill the void. at least one GOPer said health care was not the primary reason for doing this, tax cuts exclusively for the 1% are the real reason.

This reminds me of how much I HATE Paul Ryan.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Mar 2017, 12:10 pm

It's just fear about Medicaid transferring funding to block grants as opposed to an open ended entitlement, nothing specifically about autism. The system as it is now doesn't work very well if at all and changes have to be made to stem off a total collapse. What are all these programs they say are available to autistics thru medicaid?

What is Trumpcare by the way? Do you mean Paul Ryan's Plan? Poor attempt at branding. There are multiple plans and Trump has said he is open to negotiation.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 1:09 pm

Jacoby wrote:
The system as it is now doesn't work very well if at all and changes have to be made to stem off a total collapse.

That's the standard GOP lie. Truth is the plutocracy just doesn't want to pay for any kind of safety net.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Mar 2017, 3:18 pm

marshall wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
The system as it is now doesn't work very well if at all and changes have to be made to stem off a total collapse.

That's the standard GOP lie. Truth is the plutocracy just doesn't want to pay for any kind of safety net.

Nobody ever wants to pay for anything and nobody ever wants to sacrifice anything either but that doesn't change the fact that Obamacare isn't working, it's not a good situation any way you slice it so inaction is not an option. Maybe Democrats should participate in the process instead of obstructing then maybe some of their ideas could end up in the replacement bill. Long term there is going to have to be even greater structural changes to federal government, eventually we won't have a choice because what we're doing is not sustainable.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 5:13 pm

Trumpcare/GOP rich elite care is a big slap in the face to most of USA.

I wonder how many Trump/GOP supporters will finally wake up when their coverage is gone or so expensive? The rich elite in charge is a huge mistake!

Recent news: they apparently just passed a bill that will ban lawsuits against corporations. So corporations can do what they want and literally get away with it. SICKENING!

Put those two things together- lots of sick and injured people not being covered or helped = lots of suffering and dying. It's like they are trying to do population control because they are that messed up.. :roll:

I hope I'm proven wrong, we will see. Many of these people don't deserve their congress jobs anymore, because they are selfish rich elite, period.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 5:14 pm

marshall wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Only because certain people want it to collapse and will make it collapse.

I know. It has nothing to do with it being a poorly executed system. That's just all a plot.

Trump never intended on any kind of a solution that would help anyone but billionaires.

Now everyone who's not wealthy are going to be without coverage and die, while Trump rubs his little hands and laughs MUHAHAHAHA.

What's more is I hear there going to start genetically testing poor people to put them in concentration camps.

The autistic, even all those who live basically successful normal lives, will be the first to be rounded up and euthanized.

My parents are currently arranging to flee America to save my life.

So far countries like Canada won't allow us to immigrate there.

Last edited by EzraS on 10 Mar 2017, 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 5:15 pm

like what Jefferson said, "freedom and ignorance cannot coexist." corporations are robbing the 99% blind, and they got uncle sam to be their bagman/strong arm. that is fascism in a nutshell.