What the F:)k is Going on in America?

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 6:25 pm

So now Flynn is a foreign agent working for the interests of Turkey which the Trump administration did not know when they appointment him. Spicer says this was because he failed to disclose it on the application form. Are you kidding me? Their vetting is the honesty of the person filing out the form and nothing else? That's incompetent.

Still no evidence of Obama's Wiretap, but now there is some connection between a Trump server and Alpha Bank (Russian, of course).

Newsweek

Trump is gutting the arts, Planned Parenthood and healthcare. And I think I've figured out why.

It occurs to me that "right wing" thinkers believe that the existence of x (the possibility of x) is enough. That some cannot attain x, is irrelevant. This is the cult of the King and worked fine when might ruled, but things are different now. There are more weak than strong. If they are ignored, their numbers will destroy even the wealthy's enjoyment of life.

People have to accept (the right has to accept) that the "dream" is not available to everyone, and those who are left in the cold don't go away.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 9:08 pm

"U.S. employers added jobs at an above-average pace for a second month on outsized gains in construction and manufacturing while wage growth picked up, as the labor market continued its steady improvement in the new year.

"The 235,000 increase followed a 238,000 rise in January that was more than previously estimated, the best back-to-back rise since July, a Labor Department report showed Friday in Washington. The unemployment rate fell to 4.7 percent, and wages grew 2.8 percent from February 2016."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-10/u-s-jobs-wages-show-solid-gains-in-trump-s-first-full-month

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 10:59 pm

Uhh, Trump has only just in the past month and a half taken office.

Anyway, a lot America has pushed off dealing with is now coming home to roost.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 11:18 pm

Trump's obvious goal is to make the poor even poorer. He won't be happy until most Americans are homeless and starving to death. That's always been his actual plan.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 11:44 pm

EzraS wrote:
Trump's obvious goal is to make the poor even poorer. He won't be happy until most Americans are homeless and starving to death. That's always been his actual plan.

Sarcasm, or trying to get in the good graces of the left?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 12:19 am

Raptor wrote:
EzraS wrote:

The sad thing is you can't tell for sure. No matter how exaggerated and kooky I try to sound.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 12:29 am

EzraS wrote:
Raptor wrote:
EzraS wrote:

The sad thing is you can't tell for sure. No matter how exaggerated and kooky I try to sound.

I've seen too many screwy things here over the years to be too sure of anything anyone says.
It's not called Wrong Planet for nothing...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 3:24 am

the_phoenix wrote:
"U.S. employers added jobs at an above-average pace for a second month on outsized gains in construction and manufacturing while wage growth picked up, as the labor market continued its steady improvement in the new year.

"The 235,000 increase followed a 238,000 rise in January that was more than previously estimated, the best back-to-back rise since July, a Labor Department report showed Friday in Washington. The unemployment rate fell to 4.7 percent, and wages grew 2.8 percent from February 2016."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-10/u-s-jobs-wages-show-solid-gains-in-trump-s-first-full-month

As a matter of fact, even one of Trump's jobs guys has admitted that Trump has nothing to do with this job growth he's so eager to take credit for. But will he take responsibility if the job market goes south?

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Mar 2017, 3:28 am

I've seen too many screwy things here over the years to be too sure of anything anyone says.
It's not called Wrong Planet for nothing...[/quote]

Perhaps some of those posts were your own! :mrgreen:

But yeah, I see many an "out there" thing on our famous forums so know well what you mean...

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 3:59 am

Hey is Paul Ryan up their. Cool Androbot :)

People no doubt do have to accept that some people are not going to get out of the dirt on their own. But people shouldn't go so far as to reject the American dream. If we do we are enabling for the breakdowns of families and people into despair. People are going to feel terrible if all they hear is that they will live a crappy life. I agree with you sort of therefore, I would be nice if Republicans weren't so up their with its up to the individual rhetoric. But the dream is driver we need.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 5:46 am

What is happining in America?

Lyrics start at 40 seconds but you will miss some awesome riffs if you skip.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 8:31 am

Shahunshah wrote:

He's giving his health care presentation. Lol

Shahunshah wrote:
People no doubt do have to accept that some people are not going to get out of the dirt on their own. But people shouldn't go so far as to reject the American dream. If we do we are enabling for the breakdowns of families and people into despair. People are going to feel terrible if all they hear is that they will live a crappy life. I agree with you sort of therefore, I would be nice if Republicans weren't so up their with its up to the individual rhetoric. But the dream is driver we need.

People are in "the dirt" because America is designed to let the individual be able to succeed. This has led to developments in knowledge and technology, but those who don't excel at the needed skills for this are left with nothing to do.
America needs to allow for those who are not successful to be self-sufficient. Otherwise they will drag the country down.
The "underclass" is not only not going away, it is growing in numbers.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

11 Mar 2017, 9:17 am

androbot01 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

Shahunshah wrote:

People are in "the dirt" because America is designed to let the individual be able to succeed. This has led to developments in knowledge and technology, but those who don't excel at the needed skills for this are left with nothing to do.
America needs to allow for those who are not successful to be self-sufficient. Otherwise they will drag the country down.

Perhaps we shouldn't let in millions of new foreign underclass into the country then when we can't take care of people we already have? I think the US needs a merit based system like your country has at screening people out and I think the number should be a lot lower until the country is in a better place.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 9:30 am

Jacoby wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

Shahunshah wrote:

Perhaps we shouldn't let in millions of new foreign underclass into the country then when we can't take care of people we already have? I think the US needs a merit based system like your country has at screening people out and I think the number should be a lot lower until the country is in a better place.

I don't think this will solve the problem though. Even with fewer immigrants there are still tons of Americans who don't have a reasonable chance of maintaining a pleasant lifestyle. The middle class is gone; it's the same up here in Canada, but to a lesser degree.

The elevation of the individual to importance has been a huge breakthrough in civilization and has led to great improvements in our culture; one of which is a longer lifespan. So while the individual is allowed to succeed or fail, there are more people and fewer/more specialized jobs.

Individual opportunity needs to exist, but at the same time, there need to be supports for those who don't excel. These ideas are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

11 Mar 2017, 10:03 am

androbot01 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

Shahunshah wrote:

I don't think this will solve the problem though. Even with fewer immigrants there are still tons of Americans who don't have a reasonable chance of maintaining a pleasant lifestyle. The middle class is gone; it's the same up here in Canada, but to a lesser degree.

The elevation of the individual to importance has been a huge breakthrough in civilization and has led to great improvements in our culture; one of which is a longer lifespan. So while the individual is allowed to succeed or fail, there are more people and fewer/more specialized jobs.

Individual opportunity needs to exist, but at the same time, there need to be supports for those who don't excel. These ideas are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Restricting the supply of labor would allow wages to rise where they have been stagnate for 40+ years, it would way lessen the burden on our social services and schools, I don't see how it wouldn't help poor people in this country. People always say well these immigrants are a net positive and my response to that would be not for everyone and even the ones that do contribute are displacing American citizens who will need assistance in their place. Think about what this does to the rental market, illegal immigration hurts poor people!

As I mentioned, Canada has a merit based immigration system and they aren't letting in the same people that we are by a long shot. The US has an open border with a third world country with a 122M people(a decent chunk of that are living in America illegally) that is one of the most violent and corrupt places in the world, it's not really comparable to the country that is our hat with no external threats whatsoever. Why hasn't Trudeau with his big heart offered to take in any of these illegal Mexican immigrants? I'm sure Trump could expedite that if he wanted to, a pipeline if you will. Everyone is supposed to share the burden with Syrian refugees but the US has to accommodate 11-30 million people who have no business being here? If Mexico is so bad that they can't be sent back then perhaps other countries need to share in the burden, that's not going to happen tho obviously since most people are virtue signaling hypocrites.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 10:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:

As a matter of fact, even one of Trump's jobs guys has admitted that Trump has nothing to do with this job growth he's so eager to take credit for. But will he take responsibility if the job market goes south?

Ronald Reagan — "There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit."