Anyone still watching Iron Fist all the way through

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 2:49 pm

It may not have come on Netflix yet but Iron Fist has been given negative reviews or at least not as positive as the previous shows. I will of course watch it as I do like to keep up to date with the MCU Movies and Shows (Netflix mostly) and it would make sense due to the Defenders, but while I'm alreaDy predicting this won't be my favourite MCU series it will most likely at best be OK. I mean I here it's kinda a carbon copy of Arrow, Batman Begins, Iron Man and Daredevil but well Doctor Strange was kinda a repeat of Iron Man and that movie wasn't so bad. Of course that was a movie and this is a 13 episode tv series. Unlike everyone else I probably won't be bothered by the whitewashing? (I think that was one of the things people said was wrong with the show) and I don't know if that's a bad person or anything. I just pray to god that The Defenders will be good.

HelenaPr
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Mar 2017, 11:12 pm

I hope the show turns out to be good, I liked the previous Marvel's shows on Netflix. A friend of mine is a big fan of Iron Fist's comics, so I'm going to watch it anyway.

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2017, 5:01 pm

I'll probably check it out but I doubt that I'll watch it all in one sitting like I did with the other Marvel shows on Netflix.

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

19 Mar 2017, 11:36 pm

I watched the first three episodes. It's not a great show, the story is a little stale. However, I think the critics have been way too harsh. Honestly the acting is fine. Daredevil is way, way better, but tbh Iron Fist isn't much worse than Jessica Jones, and it's actually significantly better than Arrow IMO. I am going to stop watching it because it isn't good enough to make it worthwhile, but if I hear season 2 is better, I'll give it another shot. At this point, the only superhero show I care about is Daredevil, so I hope they come out with the new season soon.

Amcathra
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Apr 2017, 5:05 pm

I binge watched the whole thing in one day, as it was released on St Patrick's Day which is a holiday in Ireland. It had it's flaws, but it IMO wasn't as terrible as the critics seemed to think, otherwise I couldn't have watched it all in one day.

It's difficult for a confused, traumatised character to anchor the series. The success of the other series mean that Netflix/ Marvel can afford to carry a weaker series for now.