Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

IrishEyes
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 6:56 pm

a special care center.

Do you go for therapies or education in a special center? My mother is thinking of sending me to one, I am not to sure about going though. Just wondering what your experiences of these places are like, would it hold me back or help me. I don't think I need any help, but my mother seems to think I do though :?

girl7000
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 1:23 pm

I think it might be worth a try. I never got to go to a special education centre when I was younger, which is when I think it would have been of more help as I realy struggled at school and was bullied.

As an adult, I attend support groups and events that are set up by them and it has really helped. And if you don't want to go to every session, my support group don't mind.

I have found it really helpful and I have met a lot of people who have very similar issues to me - which has been great because I used to feel isolated and like I was the only one with these problems.

I think it is at least worth trying. If it doesn't work out, then you can stop going.

IrishEyes
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 5:43 pm

girl7000 wrote:
I think it might be worth a try. I never got to go to a special education centre when I was younger, which is when I think it would have been of more help as I realy struggled at school and was bullied.

As an adult, I attend support groups and events that are set up by them and it has really helped. And if you don't want to go to every session, my support group don't mind.

I have found it really helpful and I have met a lot of people who have very similar issues to me - which has been great because I used to feel isolated and like I was the only one with these problems.

I think it is at least worth trying. If it doesn't work out, then you can stop going.

Sorry, I never got back to you. You are right girl7000, I should give it a go as I have nothing to loose. Just a bit apprehensive to try something new, although I will never no unless I try, right!