Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

drummer_girl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2007, 8:49 pm

this section of the forum always seems to be so incredibly negative

lets have some positive things about being an Aspie!

i mean im so obsessed with flags that i will chat about them and research them all day so i can help other people with flag problems and become good in the field of flags

i have my own quirky sense of humor and wit

i have a natural musical ear and sense of rhythm and timing and can play almost anything in music that i try without needing a written version and i can use my skills to be in a samba band and help my fellow drummers and even lead the band when our leader is away

i live in my own little world which yes admittingly it can be hard at times particularly social moments but it means im somewhat caccooned from all the bad stuff in the world

im just different,. im not wrong i was put together differently and i have a place in this world even if it is just playing music or helping somebody decide which flag should fly on which pole!

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 8:51 pm

I love to write and dedicate myself to it
I love to paint to and have become quite good at it (both these I am obsessed with doing) if I wanna learn about something I will and learn all I can about it :D

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 1:06 am

It takes very little to make me very happy-and things I should be happy about don't quite do it even... I'm probably the happiest person ever to be around if my son wants a particular ring out of a gumball machine and it actually comes out, lol. I've never met anyone to get THAT excited over something that stupid, but cannot imagine how boring life would be if the smaller things didn't do that.

Overanalyzing and overthinking can be quite uncomfortable and exhausting, but at the same time, I can look at things from many different views-it's never entirely "I was right, you are wrong", I can see where someone might would view it differently just because I analyze an entire situation, and I view this as a VERY GOOD trait to have.

While I may not be good at socializing, if a stranger asks something about how to mix colors, I will spit out so much information it'll make their head spin, lol-instantly. I get very excited about it, and can go on for hours and hours at times providing the other person cares enough to let me keep going, lol. My boyfriend rarely gets excited like that over anything he is interested in. I enjoy the passion that goes along with it, and the feeling I get when talking about it, even if I look odd, it's fun and enjoyable.

I don't "fight", I don't "argue"-I debate. If it gets to be too much, I know when to walk away to spare myself further confusion-any friends I've ever had for some reason like to keep it going. I like being able to remove myself from it because I'm not attached to it emotionally as they are, only mentally, and only until I figure it out or start thinking about something else. Though I get stressed easily, I do find this to be nice to be able to do, whether it offends anyone or not, it makes me feel better and ends it right there-no more hurt feelings through it, no more confusion-it's great.

Curiosity energizes me when I really want to understand something. I can talk and talk and talk, debate for a long time sometimes-it's not a drive of annoyance or trying to be rude, it's trying to understand. It's an awesome feeling to get so incredibly confused about something and finally get to the root of the problem-even if no one else sees it. Those big "A-ha!" moments really feel good sometimes, it makes sense and is one less confusing thing for me to think about.

Longwinded talking and writing can look hideous and obnoxious, but to friends/family-when they read things they at least can get an idea of how my mind really does work, and even if they don't understand it, it's nice to know they are seeing how it works.

I don't get wrapped up in drama-I see a LOT of people go through some horrible things because they just don't get out of the way and let things happen, they want to be involved, and are often in a lot of pain from trying to help someone. Though it seems rude, I sure am glad I don't have to feel all of that all the time.

It's awesome to not act socially all of the time. It feels bad sometimes, but honestly, I absolutely love the drive/motivation I get when working on something I'm very interested in. I cannot imagine not having that to the extent that I do, and enjoy not having people always showing up to chit chat and interrupting it :P Not many people that I know can say they get to stop and work on things they would like to, but they also have social lives which they like better. I enjoy my time and make good use of it-whether it looks like it or not :)

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 3:12 am

I never miss a day at university because I love history. :)
I am very close to my cat and understand her well.
I can enjoy being on my own without feeling the need for social contact.
I have a reasonably good vocabulary.
I'm never late for lectures.
I was never particularly affected by peer pressure in high school.
I have a very good memory.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 10:01 am

My love of cats and other animals
Good memory
I do my job well because I know where everything is at the library.
Good factual knowledge
Strong interests and ability to retain large stores of information