New Here - Hello from Melbourne australia

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

magicdude
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Mar 2017, 5:35 am

Hi,
I am a 45 year old male who is single and is currently struggling with life, I have recently done somethings that I am not proud of, to my sister and mother in particular, I won't say what it was - just that it was totally unnecessary what I did and at the moment I am kind of feeling like I am on the outer with the family because of my actions. Also had some problems with neighbours where I live, anger meltdowns and being rude to people who live in my apartment block. Having aspergers or other mental heath issues is no excuse for being rude and angry with the world. I am looking for ways to get out of my apartment - I spend too much time in my apartment, I am looking at meetup for social groups, however if there are any other options for adults with aspies in Melbourne, pls feel free to post in this thread.
I hope to spend some time here, make some new friends maybe ;)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 12:44 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2017, 2:29 am

Hi magicdude. :)

I'm from the west, just south of Perth. I have been to Melbourne and enjoyed my time there. The city is so cool.

When we're you diagnosed, may I ask?

Gypsum
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2017, 9:18 am

magicdude wrote:
Hi,
I am a 45 year old male who is single and is currently struggling with life, I have recently done somethings that I am not proud of, to my sister and mother in particular, I won't say what it was - just that it was totally unnecessary what I did and at the moment I am kind of feeling like I am on the outer with the family because of my actions. Also had some problems with neighbours where I live, anger meltdowns and being rude to people who live in my apartment block. Having aspergers or other mental heath issues is no excuse for being rude and angry with the world. I am looking for ways to get out of my apartment - I spend too much time in my apartment, I am looking at meetup for social groups, however if there are any other options for adults with aspies in Melbourne, pls feel free to post in this thread.
I hope to spend some time here, make some new friends maybe ;)

Bro i'm ex Melbs.

Do you fish? It was my saving grace... it's perfect for aspergers. You vs the fish... use that brain of yours. Lure's only, no fish, no stink.
I went almost every day for a very long time, rain or shine, day or night. Met some cool and not so cool people, but it helped calm my whole system. I goal was to fish, not catch fish.

Daniel.Campbell
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Apr 2017, 7:55 am

Hi magic dude.
I'm living in the New England, rural NSW.
43. Just been diagnosed with ASD Level 1. 3 weeks ago.
Not sure how to take it yet. Wife of 20+ years wants separation.

But do drop in for a visit if you take the new England Hwy to Brisbane some time.