Page 105 of 282 [ 4512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 282  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 8:32 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
For what, Blabbs?

My mother and aunt get them for macular degeneration. It's quite common for people as they age.

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 5:43 am

I breastfed my son.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Feb 2019, 2:52 pm

I found a very light-hearted amusing book -
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Austenland - A Novel
by Shannon Hale

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a thirty-something woman in possession of a satisfying career and fabulous hairdo must be in want of very little, and Jane Hayes, pretty enough and clever enough, was certainly thought to have little to distress her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 3:04 pm

Draft 6 of a sestina and a picture of a mermaid.

Also last night I got to sleep at 00:30 not later than that and I stayed off the internet all night.

Not done that tonight but hopefully I will by ten.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 5:46 pm

Finished work - every time it feels like a miracle (yawn)

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 12:50 am

Well, this was yesterday but:

Did work remote, amid the phone calls, apartment inspection, skype meeting, shopping, other disturbances, customer inqueries, analysis and report writing, i managed to finish the day. Though i forgot to eat so i threw together a couple of sandwiches in the evening. Was rather hectic but i prefer working remote since i save 2 hours of commuting time.

Would be nice if i could move somewhere quiet and do the job there, like to the countryside.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 4:15 am

I just completed my 32nd day without an alcoholic drink, the best sequence since 2007. Not sure how much longer this can be maintained though - I'm probably in better shape, but it's not a lot of fun, and I find it difficult or impossible to be relaxed enough to watch a film or documentary without a glass or three of Shiraz or whatever....

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 1:24 pm

Most of the day i sat on my chair and waited for information, spent the time watching youtube movies about games and conference videos...

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 4:16 pm

A show I was an extra in just aired and I saw myself on TV - my acting debut! (I looked like crap but yay anyway!)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 4:43 pm

DeepHour wrote:
I just completed my 32nd day without an alcoholic drink, the best sequence since 2007. Not sure how much longer this can be maintained though - I'm probably in better shape, but it's not a lot of fun, and I find it difficult or impossible to be relaxed enough to watch a film or documentary without a glass or three of Shiraz or whatever....

Congrats! I'm proud of you Deep! It will get easier! :heart:

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 6:37 pm

Ichinin wrote:

Would be nice if i could move somewhere quiet and do the job there, like to the countryside.

Do it. Go. It as worked wonders for me. :D

Oh, and my achievement was being able to walk again for the first time since December 21!

Last edited by blazingstar on 14 Feb 2019, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 6:39 pm

DeepHour wrote:

Good work! That is not easy, not at all. It is a huge accomplishment and you only have to do it, one day at a time. Eacj day is precious. If you keep this up at some point, you will be able to enjoy and relax and watch a movie or something without the drink.

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 7:00 am

Draft 6 of prose poem I started writing last night cos I couldn't make it through the other one.

I made the lady too not innocent though.

The fact I'm worrying about this is very much part of the poem in itself.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 9:31 am

blazingstar wrote:
Ichinin wrote:

Oh, and my achievement was being able to walk again for the first time since December 21!

8O Wow, that must feel amazing after so long. :D

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 8:22 pm

Alita wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
Ichinin wrote:

8O Wow, that must feel amazing after so long. :D

It is amazing. My achievement today was being able to walk to my office and back. And put in five hours of work. And even make progress on some difficult situations.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 4:19 am

blazingstar wrote:
Ichinin wrote:

Congrats. And i will as soon as i find a house i like that is located where i want and can afford it.

Today i dragged my butt out of bed and fetched a package from UK with two classic retro games "Elite" and "Wings" for the Amiga. That is enough of an accomplishment for a Saturday.