PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 8:11 am

There have been early reactions to the movie and it sounds like it's positive. Good enough but there is one thing that bothers me a little that I'm sure is not a big deal. This maybe a MILD SPOILER but I'm sure it will be revealed before the film comes out but basically it's revealed that actor Brenton Thwaites is playing the son of Will Turner (Orlando Bloom's character from the original 3) which I wouldn't really mind except for one little thing. Now this film comes out 10 years after At World's End. Remember that end credit scene where we see Elizabeth and hers and Will's son with her waiting for him to come back. Well that took place 10 years later and I always assumed that Dead Men Tell No Tales would take place directly before that little scene. It would have been an interesting connection even if the film wasn't gonna be good but if Thwaites' character is Will's son then it looks to said even further which doesn't make sense due to the actors not looking let's say 20 years older more or less. Unless there is a reason for that then I find it to be a huge nitpick and I'm really disappointed about the post credit scene not playing a part in the movie. Well if the movie is good it'll have to be really good to make me forget all that stuff.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 12:16 pm

They say Will may be back. He's Davy Jones now. That ought to be interesting.