Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2017, 3:43 am

My dad is making my life hell at home. He plays the radio and TV loud all day and rants about political situations.

I live in the UK so it's a little better than the USA for housing options I suppose. However I've been trying now for a month to get onto my local council's housing list, there is so much bureaucracy. In a few days I should finally be on the list.

I'm getting statements from an advocate and an Asperger's syndrome NHS team worker to support my application. But from what they tell me they aren't going to give a lot of detail. I've urged them to do so but they don't seem to think they can.

My dad leaves urine around the floor near the toilet, bread crumbs all over the kitchen (even though I'm intolerant of wheat and have told him), runs around stamping his feet and shouting at my mother and myself when he feels like it and generally takes away all my joy, confidence and feeling of wellbeing.

I've told my advocate, doctor and the NHS team worker. Also a social worker. None of them considered it as serious as I do apparently.

So I may well have to become homeless because from what I gather from what people tell me the housing list here is very long. I'm not certain how high up the list I will get, how much priority, because nobody can tell me anything helpful. It seems because he hasn't physically beaten me he will get away with the psychological and sensory abuse.