Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 4:06 pm

If at every moment you try to logically think of the best comeback, or best way to fix things, or perhaps formulate the best opinion on everything at once, let go of it all.

You can't fix everything, and you can't control everything. You can't predict everything, and you can't make everyone happy. Some people see you as a wimp and some see you as tough. Worrying about "some" people will only make you feel upset and miserable. You can not fix "some" people.

The best way to look at life is to let it be mysterious and never-ending. Enjoy the mystery it has, and let it be a mystery. It will feel more natural. No one on Earth knows the entire mystery to life, and no one on Earth can possibly. It does not matter if you don't know anything and if you don't know how to solve anything.

So let life be a mystery, and give up being its prime detective.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 4:29 pm

I'll even add to let time heal, and let yourself be wrong to other people, because then you stop looking at yourself as a wrongful person who needs constant healing when you can focus on work.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 5:12 pm

ZachGoodwin wrote:

Mystery is the spice of life.
Prime directive? Not so much. :lol:

Allow me to introduce myself ... I'm the resident Q. Here's a photo of me:

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 5:24 pm

That's a neat photo I see! I love space and science fiction! :D

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 5:52 pm

This is me.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 6:12 pm

ZachGoodwin wrote:
If at every moment you try to logically think of the best comeback, or best way to fix things, or perhaps formulate the best opinion on everything at once, let go of it all.

You can't fix everything, and you can't control everything. You can't predict everything, and you can't make everyone happy. Some people see you as a wimp and some see you as tough. Worrying about "some" people will only make you feel upset and miserable. You can not fix "some" people.

The best way to look at life is to let it be mysterious and never-ending. Enjoy the mystery it has, and let it be a mystery. It will feel more natural. No one on Earth knows the entire mystery to life, and no one on Earth can possibly. It does not matter if you don't know anything and if you don't know how to solve anything.

Hear, Hear. And, thank you! I have realized the same, powerful message that you have so eloquently stated. Giving up control (and letting go of fear) is allowing all of the wondrous possibilities to make their way in.

a quick edit: I think sometimes it can take a burst of self-awareness, or, 'hitting bottom', as a wake up call to change our thoughts, to move on from whatever happened in the past, and, let go of control of future outcomes. I can say this, recently, happened to me, and suddenly, things are looking brighter...

Last edited by Britte on 21 Apr 2017, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 6:14 pm

ZachGoodwin wrote:

This is me.

Hail and well met!
You look like a friendly sort. :)