Can you help me stay calm?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 7:29 am

I had an actual anxiety attack last night and wanted to wake up my mom. It has to do with the whole government "operation Gotham Shield" conspiracy thing. I believe in God and I believe him to be true. I have a Christian heart. This morning, I went on a Christian message board I began posting on, and the OP in one of the forum threads I responded to told me that God told her something bad was going to happen. Why is God so cruel to not let us alter or question his will? Is God telling me through my anxiety that something really bad is going to happen soon? I don't feel any peace yet. The only peace I'll ever find is if God revealed to me that it wasn't going to happen anytime soon. I have never got married, have a family all that.

The other freaky thing is that my parents think I'm always talking about the same thing with my anxiety. They just want me to shut up. They are sort of minimizing my anxiety.

Sometimes I don't even see a point in worshiping God.

Please help me.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 7:49 am

Howdy, it's me again. I suggest staying away from all news and public media for a couple days and up to a week even. Sometimes I have to take a break from it all or I will go nuts. There's nothing you can do about the bigger situation anyway. However, you can spend more time with your religious side and try to build on a better relationship with the Big G. Get your info from the Bible and stop relying on what other people say - like that woman who said God told her something bad was coming. Whatever. Get yourself right with the Big G and try not to worry a bunch about the other stuff because you can't do anything about it anyway. Go do something fun for awhile (a hobby) and maybe exercise to decrease anxiety.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 8:10 am

I don't know anything about God, but I wouldn't put any faith in mainstream media, especially recently. I don't know what the broadcasters are like in your country but I'd bet it's safe to say media never report the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Sensationalism and propaganda have taken the place of honest journalism of late, and in my opinion, they're where the real conspiracy lies.
I wouldn't get spun up about it, if you can help it. Is it more or less comforting to assume your country is lying to you?
As for your family, perhaps steering them toward some educational material about anxiety and how it affects people may help the to be a bit less flippant about your feelings. Perhaps if they understood what this can be like for you, they might learn to honour what you experience a bit more.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 8:54 am

Yes, you can stop panicking now, and this gentleman explains why it's all according to plan...

A LOT of people have been able to finally «calm down» after watching his video... watch and relax.
K_Kelly wrote:
I had an actual anxiety attack last night and wanted to wake up my mom. It has to do with the whole government "operation Gotham Shield" conspiracy thing. I believe in God and I believe him to be true. I have a Christian heart. This morning, I went on a Christian message board I began posting on, and the OP in one of the forum threads I responded to told me that God told her something bad was going to happen. Why is God so cruel to not let us alter or question his will? Is God telling me through my anxiety that something really bad is going to happen soon? I don't feel any peace yet. The only peace I'll ever find is if God revealed to me that it wasn't going to happen anytime soon. I have never got married, have a family all that.

The other freaky thing is that my parents think I'm always talking about the same thing with my anxiety. They just want me to shut up. They are sort of minimizing my anxiety.

Sometimes I don't even see a point in worshiping God.

Please help me.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 2:24 pm

So I can calm down, right? Nobody is going to die, right? I just want to verify.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 3:01 pm

Nobody knows what is going to happen until it happens. I know I don't have time to worry about Little Hitler right now because I have homework to do and another paper to write - it's not like I can plan for "the big one" to hit before my homework is due. :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 4:23 pm

I doubt that God would want you to live your life in fear. Thats not to say something bad isnt going to happen if you have a bad feeling about it. Instead of living in fear block out negative energy with positive. Stay positive and if there is a bad vibe there dont let it in. Obsessing about the bad vibe isnt going to help matters.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 5:48 pm

nurseangela is right.

If a Christian message board is only causing you to worry about the end of the world,
it's best to stay away from that message board.

Instead, take a small step each day toward your dreams.
Honor God that way.
I think He would even see that as a wonderful prayer.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 8:24 pm

get a psychologist
get a psychiatrist. discuss anxiety meds. see if the psychiatrist will prescribe them
get a support group
deep breathing
Google relaxation exercises
look up instructions on meditation

:nerdy:

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2017, 7:54 pm

Book of 1 John, Chapter 5, Verse 9:
We accept human testimony, but God's testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son.

Other people's advice can be reassuring, but, when that fails, I have always found God's Word in the Bible reassuring.

Your anxiety is not a sign from God that something bad is going to happen. Sometimes our anxiety is just a sign that our own faith in God needs strengthening.

God loves us; God does not want us to suffer; God has more power than anyone or anything in creation.

Sending love and prayers out to you, K_Kelly. :heart:

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2017, 10:39 pm

Why do you believe that some random woman on a message board has direct info from God, but you don't? That sounds like a bog standard schizophrenic delusion. You have to realize that a lot of mentally ill people hang around religious groups, the more extreme the better. Being religious doesn't mean you have to believe everything people tell you!

I'm not a religious person, but there exists more critical traditions within Christianity, such as the Jesuit order in Catholisism, or various religious philosophers. Read Luther, Kant and Kierkegaard, Thomas Aquinas and Augustin. Or the Bible itself. All of the above are better for you than hysterical people on message boards.