Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 10:20 pm

Has this ever happened to anyone here?

I've only been on for a few days. Always before I have seen other people's FB and it literally made me shudder. All that socializing and having so much coming at you all the time. So I never even wanted to try it.

But a few days ago I found out that they have groups on there. So I joined fb, then a couple of art groups. This way, no socializing above my ability, only discussed art. So far nothing more exciting than great work.

But, I have been stalked in the past, by this random mentally ill woman only because I lived near her (and being akward and all, I guess I was an easy mark). Anyway, since that time I NEVER publicly post my real name. Thus, I used a fake name for fb. Close to my name, but not it. I guess that's why.

I'm kind of sad, I liked the art groups. But what am I going to do, beg them to take me back,then try to prove that I was stalked?

Btw, I haven't been here in a while, don't see many familiar names.

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2017, 11:22 pm

That's odd. They shouldn't.

I've always had my name on Facebook, so I'm not really well versed in their name policies.

What I might recommend is registering under your real name and then change your name through Settings.

magnum233
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 May 2017, 11:28 pm

Not missing much. I recently opened a new fb account for the sole purpose of trading groups cause i like cheap pc parts deals thats it.

Your better off hanging out in community's like this. My family hardly contacts me anymore cause i don't have a proper fb account, i just tell them email me most don't listen.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 11:32 pm

How is that even possible?

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 3:20 am

I don't use my real name of FB. It's none of their business as far as I'm concerned. Try with another name. :)

johntober
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 May 2017, 9:36 pm

Facebook "disabled" my account about a year ago. What I could get out of them was that I had to send a copy of my identification card to prove who I was who I said I was. Well, I don't have to prove anything to them. I did create a new account; which they claim is against their laws. People take Facebook way too seriously.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2017, 1:24 pm

I didn't know Facebook did that if you don't use your real name? I have a quite few Facebook friends with a different name, and some of the names aren't even plausible names.